Lozinka

Odgovori

Uređivanje
Staro 23.03.2006., 16:06   #1
McG
-------

Datum registracije: Aug 2005
ATi Physics Acceleration

Pored mnogih i ATi nije mogel odoljeti ulasku u ovo (po svemu sudeći unosno) područje.

When sitting down with ATI, they decided to give us some detailed information on how current generation physics simulations work in games when running on the CPU, or any hardware system for that matter as well. The most basic method is AABB cube separated object that essentially has edges directly to the cubed edges in terms of interaction. The sphere method allows a higher resolution of physics simulations at the expense of more processing power. Tetrahedrons are the third option that physics simulation has use where a complex polygon of space surround the rigid body and are the physical edges of the object.

According to ATI, physics calculations are very heavy in floating point arithmetic and conditional branches to that test for item interactions. As is painfully obvious in all games out today, physics simulations on PCs are all hacked and modified versions of real “text book physics”. Programmers are forced to cut their simulations to lower resolutions in order to get the games to run at all and thus the need for AABB cubes, spheres and other physics shapes are necessary. The ideal situation would be to have enough compute power to simulate physics perfectly, but we aren’t anywhere near that yet.

First, the R580 has a tremendous amount of floating point capability with its 48 pixel shaders. ATI estimates that 375 GFlops for a single card and 750 GFlops for a CrossFire system are open for different processing models. Compared to a blazing fast modern CPU that has 10 GFlops of total floating point calculation capability, the GPU has tremendous opportunity. What’s more ATI is taking a broader approach to gaming physics by opening up the hardware to developers just like they promised they would during the R520 launch. They are working on a Data Parallel Processing Architecture Abstraction layer that will allow developers to utilizing the hardware without having to go through Direct3D or OpenGL APIs.

ATI is telling us that their cards will also support rendering and physics acceleration in a single GPU configuration as shown here. If the game being played, at the resolution the user selects, is able to render more frames than necessary per second than required for adequate visual quality, the extra GPU cycles can be utilized in physics calculations.

An even better solution, for the user and for ATI, is that you have two ATI GPUs that can split the rendering and physics calculations between the two different cards. What is most impressive to me is that ATI has assured me that these two cards do not have to run in CrossFire mode, and thus they do not have to be the same GPU.

Članak
McG je offline   Reply With Quote
Staro 23.03.2006., 16:23   #2
Jelc
Super Moderators

Datum registracije: May 2002
A, pa ne radi se na tome od jučer
Nego već duže vrijeme...
Jelc je online   Reply With Quote
Oglasni prostor
Oglas

Oglas
Staro 23.03.2006., 16:43   #3
JC Denton
dr. sc. tech. dipl. ing.
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Sep 2003
Meni se posebno svidja ova zadnja boldana recenica
JC Denton je offline   Reply With Quote
Staro 23.03.2006., 16:54   #4
McG
-------

Datum registracije: Aug 2005
Citiraj:
Autor Jelc
A, pa ne radi se na tome od jučer
Nego već duže vrijeme...
To sigurno, ali do prije par dana su se vijesti o tome pomno skrivale i držale u strogoj tajnosti...
McG je offline   Reply With Quote
Staro 25.03.2006., 00:41   #5
zer0_c0ol

Datum registracije: Feb 2006
ma to je bezze dagle ovo...

http://gear.ign.com/articles/697/697450p1.html

p.s e ovo je rec uredjaj za fiziku
zer0_c0ol je offline   Reply With Quote
Staro 25.03.2006., 11:50   #6
Mailman
Premium

Datum registracije: Nov 2001
Citiraj:
Autor zer0_c0ol
bezze dagle
molim?

Citiraj:
Autor zer0_c0ol
p.s e ovo je rec uredjaj za fiziku
da, i? o tome se raspravlja ovdje
Mailman je offline   Reply With Quote
Staro 25.03.2006., 17:50   #7
zer0_c0ol

Datum registracije: Feb 2006
Citiraj:
Autor Mailman
molim?

da, i? o tome se raspravlja ovdje
tu znas (pretpostavljam) da citas engleski i da su cuo za ovaj uredjaj..
sta ti imam objasnjavat,procitaj rewiev gledaj slike i skini filmove..

to je bezze dagle ovo ti je to je bezveze pogledaj ovo...
zer0_c0ol je offline   Reply With Quote
Staro 25.03.2006., 18:10   #8
Mailman
Premium

Datum registracije: Nov 2001
Citiraj:
Autor zer0_c0ol
tu znas (pretpostavljam) da citas engleski i da su cuo za ovaj uredjaj..
sta ti imam objasnjavat,procitaj rewiev gledaj slike i skini filmove..
ja pretpostavljam da ti znaš čitati hrvatski i da si uspio pročitati naziv threada ("ATI Physics acceleration" a ne "Ageia physx ppu")...

Citiraj:
Autor zer0_c0ol
to je bezze dagle ovo ti je to je bezveze pogledaj ovo...
lol nhf, ali ovo izgleda kao babelfish prijevod "rečenice" sa kineskog na hrvatski...: goood :
Mailman je offline   Reply With Quote
Oglasni prostor
Oglas

Oglas
Odgovori

Uređivanje

Pravila postanja
Vi ne možete otvarati nove teme
Vi ne možete pisati odgovore
Vi ne možete uploadati priloge
Vi ne možete uređivati svoje poruke

BB code je Uključeno