Uređivanje
Staro 27.04.2020., 11:00   #7531
The Exiled
McG
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Feb 2014
AMD has DDR5 on roadmap
Citiraj:
GamersNexus has received an AMD roadmap from an insider whom we’ve previously verified. Internal roadmaps are constantly subject to change and aren’t public promises, so this is really more useful as something to look out for, not necessarily something to bet on. That’s especially true given the current economic and manufacturing uncertainty in the global climate.

All of those disclaimers out of the way, we ask that you not overly sensationalize this news and just keep it to the facts: The roadmap we received, which we are unable to share as it is likely marked to find leakers, indicates that 2022 is the year that AMD is intending to get DDR5 into its premium desktop lineup. The 2022 platform will retain PCIe4 and will likely be a Zen4 product, also intended to feature native USB4 support. The APUs for that year also presently have DDR5 on the roadmap and are listed as Zen3+ parts. The mobile roadmap has DDR5 LP5 on-board for 2022 in the premium and gaming lines.

We have more information than that, but since we know how wildly internal roadmaps can change, we’re going to exercise responsibility and withhold the rest until we get closer to those windows.
Izvor: GamersNexus
The Exiled je offline   Reply With Quote
Staro 29.04.2020., 12:38   #7532
MadBoY
MadModerator
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Sep 2002
"Late 2020", znači da ih ne treba očekivati prije 10. mjeseca .
Oglas

Oglas
Staro 29.04.2020., 14:21   #7533
The Exiled
McG
Moj komp

AMD reports first quarter 2020 financial results
Citiraj:
AMD shares record first-quarter sales in the first three months of this year. Compared to the same time frame last year, sales increased 40% to $ 1.79 billion. The gross margin generated net sales of $162 million from revenues, with a gross profit margin of 46%. According to AMD, the Ryzen processors are a big part of the increased sales and profits. AMD announced revenue for the first quarter of 2020 of $1.79 billion, operating income of $177 million, net income of $162 million and diluted earnings per share of $0.14. On a non-GAAP* basis, operating income was $236 million, net income was $222 million and diluted earnings per share was $0.18.
Citiraj:
In Q1 2020, AMD's R&D spending has increased by over $45 million from its Q4 2019 spend of $395 million. That represents an increase in spending of 11.8% quarter-over-quarter. Year-over-year, AMD's Q1 R&D spending has increased by almost 18.5%, a change that will make a huge difference to AMD's future developments. AMD's main concern right now is to ensure that its success continues in the coming quarters, which means that the company cannot allow its R&D efforts to fall behind. AMD needs a strong hardware roadmap to continue competing with both Intel and nVidia, both of which have the ability to outspend AMD. Strong IP and continuous generational improvements will help AMD to continue its positive growth, but as its CPUs and GPUs become more complex, more and more effort will be required to continue pushing the performance envelope.
Citiraj:
“We executed well in the first quarter, navigating the challenging environment to deliver 40 percent year-over-year revenue growth and significant gross margin expansion driven by our Ryzen and EPYC processors,” said Dr. Lisa Su, AMD president and CEO. “While we expect some uncertainty in the near-term demand environment, our financial foundation is solid and our strong product portfolio positions us well across a diverse set of resilient end markets. We remain focused on strong business execution while ensuring the safety of our employees and supporting our customers, partners and communities. Our strategy and long-term growth plans are unchanged.”
Izvor: AMD
Staro 02.05.2020., 13:30   #7534
Manuel Calavera
Premium
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Jul 2012
Evo još jedan zanimljiv video od Moore Law is Dead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3ToDA4Gvzs

Uglavnom se svodi priča oko 5nm nodea. Ima neka informacija o ugovoru da AMD od TSMC mora kupiti 20 000 waffera mjesečno čim postane zreo node.

Lik je bacio malo matematike, računao je na shemu kao da svi proizvedeni čipleti idu u epyc, te uz pretpostavku:
- da su yieldovi preko 80%
- da će epyc baziran na zen4 imat 50% povećanje jezgri
- te info da je 5nm manji 35-40% (računao je 35% i da je jedan čiplet cca 63mm2)

došao do brojke da AMD mjesečno može dobiti 1.7 mil. epyca (odnosno uz konzervativnije yieldove nekih 1.5 mil. epyca)

Zatim je izračunao da je pri launchu 7nm nodea (kada su bili manji yieldovi na istom nego sada, te je AMD imao manji udio 7nm nodea tj. nije bio no1 mušterija po kapacitetu) AMD mogao napraviti samo 1/4 epyca (sadašnjih zen 2 sa 8 čipleta) od gornjih brojki za 5nm epyc sa 12 čipleta. Odnosno AMD će imati 4 puta više na raspolaganju nego što je imao pri launchu 7nm nodea, uz uključenu pretpostavku bumpanja broja jezgri za 50% (računato po epyc shemi)

Također vjeruje da tu neće biti nikakvog kašnjenja, te da će ovi relativno brzo morati početi otkupljivati te waffere. Dobra stvar je da i "high performance" 5nm node dolazi u isto vrijeme kao i "low power" 5nm (odnosno za mobilce), a inače bude da prvo idu mobilci, pa high perfomance kasnije...

Tako da prema toj info 5nm će se puno brže "ramp upat" od 7nm nodea, te da će AMD imati mnogo više chipleta nego pri 7nm launcheu...

Onda ostaje pitanje što će AMD sa tim silnim 7nm što isto kupuje, kaže da ide u konzole + vjerojatno će za zen4 I/O die prebaciti na 7nm.

Zadnje izmijenjeno od: Manuel Calavera. 02.05.2020. u 13:35.
Manuel Calavera je offline   Reply With Quote
Staro 02.05.2020., 17:11   #7535
The Exiled
McG
Moj komp

Dosta toga kaj on priča o 5nm je sam TSMC već javno obznanil, pogotovo dio da 5nm ide puno bolje i brže od 7nm, a to je već bilo vau kad je krenulo, ali OK - nek mu bude.

Kaj se tiče 7nm koje AMD sad kupuje, obzirom da im je tek nedavno ponestalo 14nm materijala - sve kaj sad kupuju bude se itekak zadržalo i iskoristilo u godinama koje dolaze.
Staro 06.05.2020., 19:10   #7536
Manuel Calavera
Premium
Moj komp

Staro 07.05.2020., 08:27   #7537
stef
Premium
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Aug 2004
Nastavno na "Moore's law od Dead" špekulacije, mislim da se chiplet neće više smanjivati, nego će utrpati ili više jezgri i/ili L3. Jedini čipovi manji od 70mm2 su bili PCIe-to-AGP bridge čipovi. Tualatin je npr bio 80mm2, Radeon rv350/360 je bio 75mm2, Zen 2 chiplet je oko 75mm2.

Zadnje izmijenjeno od: stef. 07.05.2020. u 08:44.
stef je offline   Reply With Quote
Staro 07.05.2020., 09:30   #7538
Manuel Calavera
Premium
Moj komp

Ja mislim da hoće i to radi epyca ako misle povećavati broj jezgri (kao što glasine i AMD tvrde), iskroristiti će prednosti 5nm nodea i malo smanjiti chiplet da se više da natrpati. Naravno tu pričamo o zen4 i 5nm, ne o nadolazećem zen3
Staro 07.05.2020., 11:20   #7539
Blue Spirit
Premium
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Apr 2004
Vezano za chiplete

AMD je još uvijek pod ugovorom sa GlobalFoundries -om do 2024-te.

https://www.anandtech.com/show/13915...fers-till-2021

Citiraj:
In the next couple of years, AMD and GlobalFoundries will still need to decide how the fab will supply AMD over the final years of the agreement.
Which will make for an intriguing situation to say the least given GlobalFoundries' recent change in direction.
At a high level it's easy enough to see how AMD could utilize 12nm+ capacity through 2021, but AMD's needs for such a large node (or GlobalFoundries' other specialized nodes) in the 2022-2024 timeframe are not nearly as obvious.

Clanak iz 01/2019

Today AMD announced it entered into a seventh amendment (sedmi aneks ugovora) to its wafer supply agreement with GLOBALFOUNDRIES Inc. (GF).

GF continues to be a long-term strategic partner to AMD for the 12nm node and above and the amendment establishes purchase commitments and pricing at 12nm and above for the years 2019 through 2021.
The amendment provides AMD full flexibility for wafer purchases from any foundry at the 7nm node and beyond without any one-time payments or royalties

COD 141.11.196.66:28960 || COD 141.11.196.66:28940 || COD 185.107.96.125:28977
Blue Spirit je offline   Reply With Quote
Staro 07.05.2020., 15:42   #7540
The Exiled
McG
Moj komp

Evo i AMD ciganjenja, jer fizičke prepreke zapravo nema, ali BIOS/UEFI bude srezal Zen 3 podršku na svemu kaj nije bazirano na 500 seriji čipseta.

Možda se opamete, ako bude dovljno velika buka, ali polako i sigurno idu Intelovim putem, jer Intel trenutno ne može baš ništa po pitanju konkurencije.
Citiraj:
In their briefing leading up to today's Ryzen 3 3100 and 3300X review embargo, AMD disclosed that its upcoming "Zen 3" 4th generation Ryzen desktop processors will only support AMD 500-series (or later) chipsets. The next-gen processors will not work with older 400-series or 300-series chipsets. The AMD B550 currently only supports 3rd generation Ryzen "Matisse" processors. Ryzen 3000 "Picasso" APU are not supported. What's more, older Ryzen 2000 "Pinnacle Ridge," "Raven Ridge," and first gen Ryzen 1000 "Summit Ridge" aren't supported, either. The Athlon 200 and 3000 "Zen" based chips miss out, too. AMD argues that it ran into ROM size limitations when trying to cram AGESA microcode for all the older processors. We find that hard to believe because B450 motherboards with the latest ComboAM4 AGESA support 2nd gen and 3rd gen processors, including APUs and Athlon SKUs based on the two.
Izvor: TechPowerUp
Oglasni prostor
Oglas

Oglas
Staro 07.05.2020., 15:48   #7541
Manuel Calavera
Premium
Moj komp

E tog sam se i bojao. Zato sam i spominjao da su samo sa X570 sigurni 100%. Ako neće oni mod zajednica će to nadam se rješiti
Staro 07.05.2020., 15:49   #7542
Disco
Prvoklasni Krkan
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Jan 2006
Citiraj:
Autor The Exiled Pregled postova
Evo i AMD ciganjenja, jer fizičke prepreke zapravo nema, ali BIOS/UEFI bude srezal Zen 3 podršku na svemu kaj nije bazirano na 500 seriji čipseta.

Možda se opamete, ako bude dovljno velika buka, ali polako i sigurno idu Intelovim putem, jer Intel trenutno ne može baš ništa po pitanju konkurencije.

Izvor: TechPowerUp
Super, nema bolje prvo obećat, pa nam ga onda metnut.
To je to, krenulo im je jako dobro i odmah su odlučili promjenit politiku.
Ali moglo bi ovo eksalirat kao i boost na zen2, pa da ipak nekim čudom i stariji čipseti dobiju podršku.
Staro 07.05.2020., 15:51   #7543
The Exiled
McG
Moj komp

Da, ali realno nemamo se kaj žaliti (nas trojica i ostali), naše ploče uredno službeno podržavaju sve do 3950X, mada meni više do 3700X ne treba, samo da mu cijena padne ispod 2.000 kn.

Ovo kaj sad rade je više pristisak OEM MBO ekipe koja mora prodati nove ploče, jer X570 se prodal nikak, a ovaj B550 je tu reda-radi.

Nek još samo na neku foru slože podršku za Zen 3, pa onda komotno prerežu za Zen 4/5 i AM5 + DDR5.
Staro 07.05.2020., 15:52   #7544
Manuel Calavera
Premium
Moj komp

Citiraj:
Autor Disco Pregled postova
Super, nema bolje prvo obećat, pa nam ga onda metnut.
To je to, krenulo im je jako dobro i odmah su odlučili promjenit politiku.
Ali moglo bi ovo eksalirat kao i boost na zen2, pa da ipak nekim čudom i stariji čipseti dobiju podršku.

To je trik - jer i X570 jest AM4 socket...

Obećali su za socket do 2020 nisu čipset