Staro 06.09.2024., 17:04   #6001
The Exiled
McG
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Feb 2014
Citiraj:
Pat Gelsinger's grand plan to reinvent Intel is in jeopardy
Citiraj:
TSMC will be eating Intel Foundry's lunch through much of 2025, while Chipzilla focuses on ramping production of its mainstream 18A process tech. In fact, it appears that the Taiwanese foundry giant will be responsible for manufacturing the majority of Intel's 2024 product lineup – including newly launched Lunar Lake mobile chips and upcoming Arrow Lake desktop parts. Can CEO Pat Gelsinger really claim "five nodes in four years" when one of them – 20A – will never see the light of day?

It's a lot to ask anyone to invest in your process tech when you yourself aren't using it. And, given Intel's shoddy track record of meeting deadlines, we'd forgive customers for being a little nervous right about now. Unfortunately for Gelsinger and his compatriots, positive vibes won't change the reality that Intel Foundry is in deep trouble – and investors are losing faith in what, to them, probably looks like a money pit. Since the start of the year, Intel's share price has plunged nearly 60 percent. The precipitous decline has spurred multiple class action suits from investors who feel Gelsinger and CFO David Zinsner misled them about the health of the Foundry division. To make matters worse, the x86 giant now faces the very real possibility of losing its spot on the Dow Industrial Average.

While shareholders might find it appealing to get Foundry's billions in operating losses off Intel's books, it's hard to see how it would survive on its own. What's more, Gelsinger has all but bet Intel's future on his contract manufacturing aspirations panning out. He has committed to building more than $100 billion worth of fab capacity around the globe, with many of these projects backed by private equity groups like Apollo and Brookfield Asset Management.

Spin off of Intel's Foundry business would not only jeopardize Gelsinger's vision, but has the potential to destabilize US national security policy. Short of the US nationalizing Intel Foundry – a decision we have no doubt would be even less popular than whatever Gelsinger is cooking up – walking away from the division is going to be difficult. If it fails, there goes Intel Products' roadmap – you know, the thing actually making money right now. Regardless of what the future holds for Foundry, whether or not Gelsinger himself will be there to see it through is another matter entirely. Lest we forget former CEO Bob Swan was ousted for far less.
Izvor: The Register
Citiraj:
TSMC’s Arizona trials put plant productivity on par with Taiwan
Citiraj:
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. achieved production yields at its Arizona facility on par with established plants back home, an early indicator that its marquee US project is on track to achieve its targets. The Taiwanese chipmaker’s yield rate in trial production at its first advanced US plant is similar to comparable facilities in the southern Taiwanese city of Tainan. TSMC had said it started engineering wafer production in April with advanced 4-nanometer process technology.

Yield rate, or how many usable chips a company can produce during a single manufacturing process, is a key factor that impacts profitability. While TSMC doesn’t disclose its yield rate, investors are counting on the company’s ability to maintain steady margins. The company has said it can maintain gross margin rates at 53% or higher in the long run, and has kept its net profit steady at above 36% over the past four years. TSMC said in an email that its Arizona project is “proceeding as planned with good progression,” without commenting on the yield.

The go-to chipmaker for Apple Inc. and nVidia Corp. originally planned to have its first Arizona plant start full production in 2024, but pushed back the target to 2025 due to a lack of skilled workers. The delay fueled concerns that the company might not be able to make chips in the US as efficiently as in Taiwan. The US plans to award TSMC $6.6 billion in grants and as much as $5 billion in loans to support the chipmaker’s $65 billion in investments at three plants in Arizona.
Izvor: Bloomberg
Citiraj:
Qualcomm explores acquiring pieces of Intel chip-design business
Citiraj:
Qualcomm has explored the possibility of acquiring portions of Intel's design business to boost the company's product portfolio. The mobile chipmaker has examined acquiring different pieces of Intel, which is struggling to generate cash and looking to shed business units and sell off other assets. Intel’s client PC design business is of significant interest to Qualcomm executives, but they are looking at all of the company’s design units. Other pieces of Intel such as the server segment would make less sense for Qualcomm to acquire.
Izvor: Reuters
AMD Ryzen 7 Pro 4750G | be quiet! Pure Rock 2 Black | MSI B450 Tomahawk Max II | 32GB G.Skill DDR4-2666 Value | 256GB AData SX8200 Pro NVMe | 2x4TB WD Red Plus | Fractal Define 7 Compact | Corsair CX450M
AMD Ryzen 5 7600 | Noctua NH-U12A chromax.black | MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk Wi-Fi | 128GB Kingston FURY Beast DDR5-5200 | 256GB AData SX8200 Pro NVMe | 2x10TB WD Red Plus | Fractal Define 7 Compact | eVGA 650 B5
The Exiled je offline   Reply With Quote
Staro 06.09.2024., 17:41   #6002
Disco
Prvoklasni Krkan
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Jan 2006
Pa oni tonu polako i sigurno i izgleda kao da nemaju nikakvih konkretnih riješenja da isplivaju.
Qualcomm da ih kupi...tj dijelove, no nebitno...

A Pat izgleda u nekom svom balončiću, ili....jednostavno ne može ništa protiv uprave iliti dioničara? Tko zna kakve se govnarije dešavaju u pozadini, samo su pod NDA.

Kao što sam već spomenuo, ovo mi sve više liči na Nokiu. Nekoć nedodirljivi, danas novije generacije ni ne znaju tko su oni.
Staro 06.09.2024., 17:53   #6003
The Exiled
McG
Moj komp

CEO Pat & Mat je u svoje vrijeme, tj. protekle četiri godine (nepotrebno) zaposlil 20.000+ na onih 100.000 koliko su ih već imali, te je uz to obećal i najavil neopisivu količinu bedastoća.

I sad su tu di jesu, ni vrit, ni mimo, preimenovanje vlastitih procesa ih nije dovelo u rang TSMC-a, koji im sad proizvodi sve moguće, dok Intel priča o svojim naprednim kapacitetima.

Iz ovoga bude ili neki dokumentarac nastal ili budu išla predavanja na temu "kako sjebati firmu, praveći se da konkurencija ne postoji".
AMD Ryzen 7 Pro 4750G | be quiet! Pure Rock 2 Black | MSI B450 Tomahawk Max II | 32GB G.Skill DDR4-2666 Value | 256GB AData SX8200 Pro NVMe | 2x4TB WD Red Plus | Fractal Define 7 Compact | Corsair CX450M
AMD Ryzen 5 7600 | Noctua NH-U12A chromax.black | MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk Wi-Fi | 128GB Kingston FURY Beast DDR5-5200 | 256GB AData SX8200 Pro NVMe | 2x10TB WD Red Plus | Fractal Define 7 Compact | eVGA 650 B5
Staro 10.09.2024., 18:19   #6004
The Exiled
McG
Moj komp

Citiraj:
Intel’s CHIPS Act fund delayed by officials
Citiraj:
Intel is reportedly facing a delay in the release of its CHIPS Act funds promised by the White House back in March 2024. Bloomberg reports that the American chipmaker must meet the expectations it agreed upon during the initial negotiations before the federal government will open its purse drawstrings. Furthermore, it must pass stringent due diligence checks to ensure that the billions of dollars of taxpayer money Washington invested won’t go to waste.

Five months after the president traveled to Arizona to unveil a potential $20 billion package of incentives alongside Chief Executive Officer Pat Gelsinger, there are growing questions around when — or if — Intel will get its hands on that money. Intel’s woes also may jeopardize the government’s ability to reach its policy goals, which include establishing a secure supply of cutting-edge chips for the Pentagon and making a fifth of the world’s advanced processors by 2030.

The company is actively fighting for its survival at the moment, with its board considering cutting non-performing assets like the suspension or cancelation of its Magdeburg, Germany chip fab and selling off its stake in Altera. Massive cash inflation from any source would likely give Intel much-needed breathing room to save its core business, but it’s unlikely it will come from the promised CHIPS Act funds. The government will only release the earmarked investments once the winner has proven it can deliver.

While Intel told Bloomberg that it’s still making progress in its American projects and that it’s looking forward to finalizing its agreement with the federal government, there are reports that the company wants the CHIPS Acts released as soon as possible and that it feels that Washington is drawing out the process. The U.S. must invest in the semiconductor industry to help keep it in the lead. However, with Intel, one of its star players in the global chip race, running into trouble, it might need to reconsider its strategy and spread its investments across more companies. That way, the U.S. is not banking on Intel's success to stay ahead of the game.

Commerce Secretary Gina Raimondo encouraged executives at nVidia Corp. and Advanced Micro Devices Inc. to consider manufacturing at Intel’s sprawling Ohio site, which could become the world’s largest chipmaking facility when it’s operational. Neither currently plans to do so. nVidia, which relies on TSMC and Samsung for its production needs, has said it’s in the very earliest stages of evaluating Intel as a potential supplier. AMD CEO Lisa Su has sidestepped questions on whether she would consider using Intel, answering that her company is happy with its current main supplier, TSMC.
Izvor: Tom's Hardware i Bloomberg
Staro 14.09.2024., 13:39   #6005
kopija
DIY DILETANT

Datum registracije: Jan 2009
Nemogu propast i da hoće.
Intel Solidifies $3.5 Billion Deal to Make Chips for Military

Citiraj:
Intel Corp. has officially qualified for as much as $3.5 billion in federal grants to make semiconductors for the Pentagon, according to people familiar with the matter, after the chipmaker reached a binding agreement with US officials.
The secretive program, called Secure Enclave, seeks to establish production for advanced chips with military and intelligence applications. It spans multiple states, including a manufacturing facility in Arizona, Bloomberg has reported.

kopija je offline   Reply With Quote
Staro 14.09.2024., 13:59   #6006
The Exiled
McG
Moj komp

Da, država bude ih održavala na životu, pa makar i u zombificiranom stanju, dok im s jedne strane stopiraju unaprijed obećane desetke milijardi CHIPS Act sreCtva, a s druge strane im daju stratešku mogućnost proizvodnje za Pentagon u tvornicama za koje postoji šansa da dobe svoj spin-off. Nažalost, čak je i 3.5 milijardi relativno malo novaca za financijsku situaciju u kojoj su se našli, ali bar mogu reći da imaju toliko bitnu domaću proizvodnju.
Citiraj:
The funding for Secure Enclave also comes from the Chips Act grant program administered by the Commerce Department — following a dispute earlier this year over which agency would be responsible — but was handled outside of the standard application process. The agreement on Secure Enclave signals that the US government trusts Intel to execute on the Pentagon’s plans despite the company’s latest troubles. It’s unclear exactly what models of chips Intel would produce for the Pentagon. The Santa Clara, California-based company, which operates both a design business and a manufacturing one, still relies on TSMC to produce some of its most advanced processors.
U međuvremenu, direktor Pat niže hit za hitom s podjednako popularnog albuma.
Citiraj:
Intel's CEO Pat Gelsinger has held a meeting with Commerce Secretary Gina Raimondo, expressing the firm's frustration over how the US government isn't collaborating in desperate times. Gelsinger also showed concerns over how major tech companies are looking to do business with TSMC rather than IFS, indirectly urging that this should be stopped and that companies like Apple and nVidia should be directed towards cooperating with Intel rather than the Taiwan giant.
Dakle, u Intelu su frustrirani činjenicom da veliki igrači uključujući i sam Intel - odlaze kod TSMC-a, pa nek sad država prisili konkurenciju da dođu kod Intela i njihov IFS.

Zadnje izmijenjeno od: The Exiled. 14.09.2024. u 14:19.
Staro 14.09.2024., 18:23   #6007
stitrek
Premium

Datum registracije: Feb 2021
Citiraj:
Autor The Exiled Pregled postova
Da, država bude ih održavala na životu, pa makar i u zombificiranom stanju, dok im s jedne strane stopiraju unaprijed obećane desetke milijardi CHIPS Act sreCtva, a s druge strane im daju stratešku mogućnost proizvodnje za Pentagon u tvornicama za koje postoji šansa da dobe svoj spin-off. Nažalost, čak je i 3.5 milijardi relativno malo novaca za financijsku situaciju u kojoj su se našli, ali bar mogu reći da imaju toliko bitnu domaću proizvodnju.

U međuvremenu, direktor Pat niže hit za hitom s podjednako popularnog albuma.

Dakle, u Intelu su frustrirani činjenicom da veliki igrači uključujući i sam Intel - odlaze kod TSMC-a, pa nek sad država prisili konkurenciju da dođu kod Intela i njihov IFS.
Došli su do 3-4nm u svojim pogonima, šta ce im bolje od toga, 100W više-manje koga briga
stitrek je offline   Reply With Quote
Staro 14.09.2024., 18:36   #6008
The Exiled
McG
Moj komp

E, bilo bi super da su došli, jer onda ne bi trebali plaćati TSMC koji im (između svega ostalog) proizvodi Lunar i Arrow Lake na 3nm. Intel 20A i 18A su zapravo trebali biti varijacija na TSMC 5nm temu, samo u Intel režiji, ali lako za to, kad je 20A kompletno otkazan, a ista-stvar-drugo-pakovanje 18A, prema riječima Intel direktora - napreduje što brže, tim bolje koliko je "superiornan" proces.
Staro 14.09.2024., 18:52   #6009
stitrek
Premium

Datum registracije: Feb 2021
Citiraj:
E, bilo bi super da su došli, jer onda ne bi trebali plaćati TSMC koji im (između svega ostalog) proizvodi Lunar i Arrow Lake na 3nm. Intel 20A i 18A su zapravo trebali biti varijacija na TSMC 5nm temu, samo u Intel režiji, ali lako za to, kad je 20A kompletno otkazan, a ista-stvar-drugo-pakovanje 18A, prema riječima Intel direktora - napreduje što brže, tim bolje koliko je "superiornan" proces.
Ajde, riješit ce i to pa ce se odmaknut od Tsmc-a, slicno ka i US autoindustrija, nema veze ako troši koju litru više od EU-Japan konkurencije...ima se može se - grije se
stitrek je offline   Reply With Quote
Staro 14.09.2024., 19:04   #6010
The Exiled
McG
Moj komp

USA je svojevremeno morala spašavati i njihovu auto-industriju, jer su se doveli do bankrota, a isto kao i Intel, dan-danas uvelike ovise o stranim dobavljačima i proizvođačima da lakše mogu imati domaću proizvodnju. Nažalost, situacija u Intelu nije odjednom nastala iz ničega i posljednjih 15 godina su proveli lijepo ušuškani bez brige i pameti, a u posljednjih sedam godina ih je udarilo sa svih strana na sve moguće načine popraćeno bajnim voCtvom koje je fulalo sve moguće prilike, najave i obećanja. Možda i riješe aktualne probleme s vlastitim proizvodnim kapacitetima i popratnim procesima, ali IMHO izglednije je da po uzoru na AMD prije skoro 20 godina, naprave spin-off i uz pomoć države spase ono kaj se spasiti može.
EDIT:
Citiraj:
How Intel lost the Sony PlayStation business
Citiraj:
Intel lost out on a contract to design and fabricate Sony’s PlayStation 6 chip in 2022, which dealt a significant blow to its effort to build its fledgling contract manufacturing business. The effort by Intel to win out over Advanced Micro Devices in a competitive bidding process to supply the design for the forthcoming PlayStation 6 chip and Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. as the contract manufacturer would have amounted to billions of dollars of revenue and fabricating thousands of silicon wafers a month. Intel and AMD were the final two contenders in the bidding process for the contract. Winning the Sony PlayStation 6 chip design business would have been a victory for Intel's design segment and would have doubled as a win for the company's contract manufacturing effort, or foundry business, which was the centerpiece of Intel CEO Pat Gelsinger’s turnaround plan.

Gelsinger announced plans for Intel to create a foundry unit in 2021 and formally launched it at an event in San Jose, California, in February of this year. The PlayStation chip deal originated in Intel's design segment, but would have been a boon to the financial performance of the foundry business after this year's separation. Typically, Sony consoles sell more than 100 million units across a half decade. For a chip designer, the console business delivers a lower profit than the gross margins of more than 50% for products like artificial intelligence chips, but nonetheless represents steady business that can profit from technology a company has already developed. Sony’s business also could have helped boost Intel's contract manufacturing business, which now struggles to find big new clients. Dispute over how much profit Intel stood to take from each chip sold to the Japanese electronics giant blocked Intel from settling on the price with Sony. Instead, rival AMD landed the contract through a competitive bidding process that eliminated others such as Broadcom until only Intel and AMD remained.

Discussions between Sony and Intel took months in 2022, and included meetings between the two companies’ CEOs, dozens of engineers and executives.
Izvor: Reuters
Huh, izgleda kao još jedna mudra odluka s direktorom na čelu firme u konktekstu ciganjanja oko cijene i potencijalne zarade, posebice kad se u obzir uzme činjenica da su prije skoro četvrt stoljeća na sličan način uspješno sjebali AMD za prvu Xbox konzolu.
Citiraj:
When the first Xbox console was revealed on stage back in 2001, it was announced that it was packing an Intel CPU. This had been a last-minute decision on Microsoft’s part; so last-minute, in fact, that according to the “Father of the Xbox” Seamus Blackley, AMD engineers were sitting in the front row of the console’s debut. Throughout the console's prototyping, Microsoft was working with AMD for the CPU on the system. According to Blackley, just prior to the system's reveal in January 2001, the Microsoft engineers opted to switch to an Intel CPU, a fact that had not yet been communicated to AMD prior to the reveal.

Zadnje izmijenjeno od: The Exiled. 16.09.2024. u 16:12.
Staro 17.09.2024., 08:19   #6011
The Exiled
McG
Moj komp

Staro 21.09.2024., 12:23   #6012
The Exiled
McG
Moj komp

Citiraj:
Citiraj:
On Friday afternoon, The Wall Street Journal reported Intel had been approached by fellow chip giant Qualcomm about a possible takeover. While any deal is described as “far from certain,” it would represent a tremendous fall for a company that had been the most valuable chip company in the world, based largely on its x86 processor technology that for years had triumphed over Qualcomm’s Arm chips outside of the phone space. The New York Times corroborated the report on Friday evening, adding that “Qualcomm has not yet made an official offer for Intel.” If a deal were made — and survived regulatory scrutiny — it would be a massive coup for Qualcomm, which reentered the desktop processor market this year as a part of Microsoft’s AI PC strategy after years of dominance in mobile processors.

In fact, Chipzilla may not be worth much to Qualcomm unless it can renegotiate the x86/x86-64 cross-licensing patent agreement between Intel and AMD, which dates back to 2009. That agreement is terminated if a change in control happens at either Intel or AMD. While a number of the patents expired in 2021, it's our understanding that agreement is still in force and Qualcomm would be subject to change of control rules. In other words, Qualcomm wouldn't be able to produce Intel-designed x86-64 chips unless AMD gave the green light. It's also likely one of the reasons why no one bought AMD when it was dire straits; whoever took over it would have to deal with Intel.
Citiraj:
Intel was the best at this for decades. Then, around 2018, its lead began to crumble, thanks to a series of missteps. TSMC, an upstart from Taiwan, steadily gained and is now unquestionably the best chipmaker in the world. Since then, Intel has plummeted and TSMC has soared. Intel is now worth less than $100 billion. It doesn't even crack the top 150 companies based on this measure. TSMC is worth almost $1 trillion these days, putting it in the top 10. This is an astounding fall from grace for Intel, and a huge strategic and geopolitical problem for the US.

If you want the best chips, you have to go to Taiwan to get them made. Or maybe South Korea, where Samsung has built an impressive so-called foundry business making semiconductors for other companies. Many of the famous "chipmakers" we think of in the US today don't actually make chips. nVidia, Qualcomm, AMD, and all the others design chips, then they usually have TSMC manufacture them. Apple and a host of other big tech giants also have TSMC make the chips they design in-house.

Intel's Foundry business won't really be able to challenge TSMC until it gets several big customers. Again, to get good at chip manufacturing you need huge, diverse volumes so you can spot defects, fix processes, and feed that knowledge back into your fabs. It's a chicken-and-egg situation. Without big volumes, outside customers will be wary of having Intel make their precious chip designs. But without customers, Intel can't improve.
Izvor: Interneti
Ko zna kaj bude na kraju ispalo iz svega, ali ne bi bilo ništa čudno da Microsoft bude financijsko zaleđe dok Qualcomm pregovara potencijalnu kupnju Intela.

Zadnje izmijenjeno od: The Exiled. 21.09.2024. u 12:29.
Staro 23.09.2024., 18:27   #6013
The Exiled
McG
Moj komp

Citiraj:
Intel may be cancelling its Arrow Lake "Refresh" desktop CPUs
Citiraj:
Intel has reportedly canceled its Arrow Lake-S Refresh desktop CPU family and will now focus on Nova Lake as the successor to the Core Ultra 200 lineup that's set to arrive in the coming weeks. While the Arrow Lake Refresh series was initially slated for a 2025 launch, Nova Lake is now expected to debut in 2026. Intel is expected to launch new Arrow Lake desktop CPUs in October, alongside compatible Z890 motherboards.

According to Intel's roadmap, these Arrow Lake-S CPUs (S is for desktops, we know, it's confusing) were to be followed by Arrow Lake-S Refresh a year after. Unlike previous "Refresh" families, Arrow Lake-S Refresh was expected to bring larger chips with more cores – up to 8 performance cores and 32 efficiency cores in a single chip (an 8P+32E configuration). However, if the latest rumors are accurate, Intel might keep Arrow Lake-S around for the next two years to compete with Ryzen until Nova Lake arrives in 2026.
Izvor: TechSpot
Citiraj:
Intel explores $5 billion investment offer from Apollo amid market decline
Citiraj:
It seems that beleaguered Intel has finally received some good news. According to reports, US asset management company Apollo Global Management has offered to invest up to $5 billion into Team Blue, which was recently rumored to be an acquisition target for Qualcomm. Apollo has indicated in recent days that it would be willing to make an equity-like investment of up to $5 billion in Intel, reports Bloomberg, citing one of the people familiar with the matter.

Intel's executives are said to be weighing the proposal, adding that talks regarding the deal are in the early stages and may not lead anywhere. The size of Apollo's investment could change, too. Increasing the likelihood of Apollo's investment is its previous relationship with Intel. The firm said earlier this year that it would acquire a 49% equity interest in a joint venture that controls Intel's new manufacturing plant in Ireland for $11 billion.
Staro 24.09.2024., 18:07   #6014
The Exiled
McG
Moj komp

Citiraj:
Intel Xeon 6980P "Granite Rapids" Linux Benchmarks
Citiraj:
The flagship Intel Xeon 6980P features 128 cores / 256 threads, and a 2.0GHz base clock with 3.2GHz all-core turbo frequency and 3.9GHz maximum turbo frequency. The Xeon 6980P features 504MB of L3 cache and a 500 Watt TDP. As with the rest of the Xeon 6 P-core SKUs, there is support for 12 channel DDR5-6400 memory or MRDIMM 8800MT/s. After years of trailing AMD EPYC for leading performance, the Xeon 6980P showed that Granite Rapids is very capable and can match -- and in various cases outperform -- current AMD EPYC Genoa(X) and Bergamo processors. With the Xeon 6900P series launch Intel has shown they can return to competing with AMD EPYC at the top-end of HPC performance and other compute intensive workloads. In areas of AI where the software is optimized for Advanced Matrix Extensions (AMX), the leads with Granite Rapids are extended further compared to prior generations.

Coming up in a few weeks AMD is upping their game with the 5th Gen AMD EPYC "Turin" launch so it will be very interesting to see how those next-gen server processors are geared to compete for performance and power efficiency. It will also be interesting to see how they compete in value/TCO, especially with so far not seeing any Xeon 6900P series pricing. Similarly, how robust the actual availability is in the near-term for these new processors and server platforms for Turin and Granite Rapids. The Intel Xeon 6900P Granite Rapids performance has been very exciting to explore and will continue to be looked at in different areas in follow-up articles over the coming weeks on Phoronix.
Izvor: Phoronix
Staro 25.09.2024., 10:58   #6015
Odinarius
All-rounder
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Sep 2013
A nije da AMD-u desktop vuče previše chipleta

Zanimljivo da su zadržali HT koji sad izbacuju za desktop, razlozi za to na desktopu su isti kao i za servere, die space i power budget savings. Možda u idućoj generaciji.
Odinarius je offline   Reply With Quote
Staro 25.09.2024., 11:07   #6016
The Exiled
McG
Moj komp

Da, super je da su uopće okrenuli ploču i ipak se prebacili na chiplet dizajn, makar su u startu sve skupa okarakterizirali kao "ljepilo". Tak da taj dio svakak nije loš, tj. da imaju više toga, a manje ovih CEO Pat i cvjetno društvo pizdarija, bog-bogova. Kaj se pak HT-a tiče, IMHO za desktop više ne računaju s tim, ali bome onaj rentable units pristup nekak podsjeća na AMD-ov CMT, samo funkcionalan.
Staro 25.09.2024., 16:19   #6017
Dr. Strange

Datum registracije: Aug 2020
Gdje je nestala ona hardcore Intel ekipa? Kada je Intel bio u boljoj poziciji, branili su ga dan i noć, a sada kada mu je stvarno potrebna pomoć, svi su nestali . Ah da, zaboravio sam da su svi popili ban na svim forumima. Kad se samo sjetim Intela nekad, kakvo je to ime bilo, a danas su kraljevi memova i predmet sprdnje. Sve što je nekad bio AMD, danas je Intel – hoćeš ljepilo, hoćeš nestabilnost i degradacija, hoćeš paper launch itd, karma....
Dr. Strange je offline   Reply With Quote
Staro 25.09.2024., 16:49   #6018
The Exiled
McG
Moj komp

Gužva im je na poslu, a i Discord je obaveza sama po sebi, dok su neki u međuvremenu prešli na šrot AMD, jer jebiga Intel quad-core iz 2016. više nije kaj je nekad bil.

Zajebanciju na stranu, Intel sad radi sve ono kaj je i AMD radil da se izbave s ruba propasti, samo kaj bude Intelu s ovim voCtvom malo dulje trebalo da poprave zajeb.
Staro 25.09.2024., 17:15   #6019
Disco
Prvoklasni Krkan
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Jan 2006
Traže se...
Staro 25.09.2024., 17:37   #6020
The Exiled
McG
Moj komp

Ne znam di im je pamet bila da ovog Gelsingera opet dovuku, jer on je inženjer, pa kao zna kak ih ponovno vratiti u vodeću poziciju za razliku od prijašnjih ekonomsko orijentiranih računovodstvenih direktora. CEO Pat je kao inženjer svojevremeno između ostalog bil zadužen za Itanium i Larrabee, a oba projekta se baš i nisu proslavila i dok se inženjer Pat još u vrijeme svoje direktorske VMware pozicije dvoumil o povratku u toliko mu dragi Intel, na kraju je nostalgija ipak presudila - na stranu 100 milijuna dolara u plaći i dionicama, glavno da on voli Intel.

Nažalost, ubrzo je izašlo na vidjelo da direktor Pat nije ništa puno bolji od svojih prethodnika, a izjave i obećanja su mu s vremenom postala sinonim za tzv. susramlje, dok se vrijednost toliko mu drage firme i dionica pod njegovim voCtvom strmoglavila do te mjere da sad imaju rekordne gubitke uz rasprodaju inventara. Možda iz Qualcomm ponude i potražnje neće biti ništa, ali bome su im ga fino smjestili kad su (do)pustili da Intelu onaj bajni Murthy (1 - 2) u svojih pet godina uspije upropastiti ljude, tehniku, šefa i stanicu.
Staro 25.09.2024., 19:41   #6021
Dr. Strange

Datum registracije: Aug 2020
Citiraj:
Ne znam di im je pamet bila da ovog Gelsingera opet dovuku, jer on je inženjer, pa kao zna kak ih ponovno vratiti u vodeću poziciju za razliku od prijašnjih ekonomsko orijentiranih računovodstvenih direktora. CEO Pat je kao inženjer svojevremeno između ostalog bil zadužen za Itanium i Larrabee, a oba projekta se baš i nisu proslavila i dok se inženjer Pat još u vrijeme svoje direktorske VMware pozicije dvoumil o povratku u toliko mu dragi Intel, na kraju je nostalgija ipak presudila - na stranu 100 milijuna dolara u plaći i dionicama, glavno da on voli Intel.

Nažalost, ubrzo je izašlo na vidjelo da direktor Pat nije ništa puno bolji od svojih prethodnika, a izjave i obećanja su mu s vremenom postala sinonim za tzv. susramlje, dok se vrijednost toliko mu drage firme i dionica pod njegovim voCtvom strmoglavila do te mjere da sad imaju rekordne gubitke uz rasprodaju inventara. Možda iz Qualcomm ponude i potražnje neće biti ništa, ali bome su im ga fino smjestili kad su (do)pustili da Intelu onaj bajni Murthy (1 - 2) u svojih pet godina uspije upropastiti ljude, tehniku, šefa i stanicu.
Smijurija od kompanije, baš kao i njihovi fanboysi. Na kraju će im možda GPU segment postati najjača strana ako im CPU nastavi ovako degradirati (doslovno).
Dr. Strange je offline   Reply With Quote
Staro 25.09.2024., 19:55   #6022
The Exiled
McG
Moj komp

GPU diviziju su itekak sjebali, Raja i Ryan su si dali truda do te mjere da se GPU segment više uopće ne spominje u onim planovima za spašavanje firme.
Citiraj:
Intel has lost all of its dedicated GPU market share
Citiraj:
Intel, though, has effectively been shut out, with sales remaining flat compared to last quarter. After entering the AIB market with its Arc Alchemist series in 2022, the company briefly achieved a four percent market share toward the end of that year, but it had evaporated by early 2024. Alchemist was supposed to provide an alternative to competing mid-range graphics cards. However, shipment delays put it behind the price-to-performance curve compared to Nvidia Ampere, Ada Lovelace, and AMD's RDNA 3 chips. The initial drivers also dragged performance significantly downward, though they have since improved dramatically.
Staro 25.09.2024., 21:19   #6023
Mladenxy
Premium
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Feb 2007
Šteta, treba treći igrač plus napravili su jako dobar upscaling alat.
Mladenxy je offline   Reply With Quote
Staro 25.09.2024., 22:20   #6024
The Exiled
McG
Moj komp

Htel sam reći da ne bi bilo loše kad bi šrot AMD (po)kupil taj dio od Intela sad kad ionak dosta toga ide na rasprodaju, ali izgleda da su se donekle skockali.
Staro Jučer, 09:21   #6025
Taproot7
Premium
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Dec 2021
Citiraj:
Da, super je da su uopće okrenuli ploču i ipak se prebacili na chiplet dizajn, makar su u startu sve skupa okarakterizirali kao "ljepilo". Tak da taj dio svakak nije loš, tj. da imaju više toga, a manje ovih CEO Pat i cvjetno društvo pizdarija, bog-bogova. Kaj se pak HT-a tiče, IMHO za desktop više ne računaju s tim, ali bome onaj rentable units pristup nekak podsjeća na AMD-ov CMT, samo funkcionalan.
Nije li Intel ismijavao chiplet dizajn onda kad ga je AMD predstavio?

Citiraj:
Autor Dr. Strange Pregled postova
Gdje je nestala ona hardcore Intel ekipa? Kada je Intel bio u boljoj poziciji, branili su ga dan i noć, a sada kada mu je stvarno potrebna pomoć, svi su nestali . Ah da, zaboravio sam da su svi popili ban na svim forumima. Kad se samo sjetim Intela nekad, kakvo je to ime bilo, a danas su kraljevi memova i predmet sprdnje. Sve što je nekad bio AMD, danas je Intel – hoćeš ljepilo, hoćeš nestabilnost i degradacija, hoćeš paper launch itd, karma....
Što se tiče tog Intel fanboys team-a, uvjeren sam da u životu nisam sreo veću i beskorisniju nakupinu biomase od tih morbidno zadojenih morona Lucidiusa ili kako se već dotični samonaziva te njegovih čmarnih dlaka war3-tfta i sličnih. Tu bi se neke ustavnove Republike Hrvatske mogle dobrano pozabaviti da prouče te slučajeve metalnog stanja pojedinca. Srećom pa ovdje administracija radi svoj posao brzo i efikasno pa im nisu dozvolili da se predugo razmašu iako su otvorili popriličan broj korisničkih računa i krenuli u jihad i školovanje kako je to govorio predvodnih debilnog klana.

Što se Intela tiče, žao mi je za sve to skupa i ne veselim se što se to dogodilo jer nije dobro za cijelu industriju da stagniraju ili propadnu. Posljedica toga će biti da će se AMD ulijeniti i također će napredak biti slab do nikakav. Usudio bih se reći da je Zen5 promašaj epskih proporcija baš zbog toga što AMD zna da Intel nema i ne zna napraviti išta bolje tojest efikasnije pa se opet sve svodi na nekakve ekstremne 1-3% vršne performanse u "gaming-u" i cijeđenje zadnjeg herca iz ionako nasviranog silicija jezgre. Ako očekujete ispriku ili priznanje greške od Intela zbog bilo čega što su ismijavali AMD a kasnije kopirali - nećete je dobiti. Kao svaka korporacija će reći kako je to novo i dobro i tako treba biti, a to što vas nekoliko entuzijasta pamtite što je Brian Krizanich rekao 2018. godine, nitko na ovoj planeti više ne uzima za relevantno.

Citiraj:
Gužva im je na poslu, a i Discord je obaveza sama po sebi, dok su neki u međuvremenu prešli na šrot AMD, jer jebiga Intel quad-core iz 2016. više nije kaj je nekad bil.

Zajebanciju na stranu, Intel sad radi sve ono kaj je i AMD radil da se izbave s ruba propasti, samo kaj bude Intelu s ovim voCtvom malo dulje trebalo da poprave zajeb.
I izbavit će se. Nikome nije u interesu da toliko školovanih i sposobnih ljudi završi na cesti, da hrpe patenata propadnu. Znam što ćete reći - nije vas briga jer je Intel zla firma koja je podmićivala OEM partnere i kupovala utjecaj na sve strane ali za to ne mora ispaštati R&D inženjer koji svojim idejama radom i znanjem doprinosi razvoju poluvodičke tehnologije. Odgovorni za to trebaju u zatvor i platiti kazne a tvrtka mora opstati.

Citiraj:
Autor Dr. Strange Pregled postova
Smijurija od kompanije, baš kao i njihovi fanboysi. Na kraju će im možda GPU segment postati najjača strana ako im CPU nastavi ovako degradirati (doslovno).
Navedeni fanboy-si su svakako smijurija ali ovo oko Intela nije smiješno nego tužno, barem meni kao njihov korisnik dugi niz godina što se procesora tiče.

Citiraj:
Htel sam reći da ne bi bilo loše kad bi šrot AMD (po)kupil taj dio od Intela sad kad ionak dosta toga ide na rasprodaju, ali izgleda da su se donekle skockali.
Kad AMD bude imao marketinški odjel kakav ima Intel onda će biti kompanija vrijedna divljenja. Dok god AMD ima marketing kakav ima, ta firma je i dalje na razini ozbiljnosti nekog kineskog sweatshop-a koja može napraviti sve, odmah, brže i jeftinije. Najrecentniji primjer je sadašnja mikroarhitektura Zen 5 pa možemo odvrtiti njihove prezentacije koliko i što je prikazano, a kako je na kraju ispalo. Krivci se traže u Microsoft-u pa se spominje opet i Intel-ov utjecaj u tome, no gospođa doktorica Lisa Su bi trebala krenuti čistiti kod sebe.
Taproot7 je offline   Reply With Quote
Staro Jučer, 09:50   #6026
The Exiled
McG
Moj komp

Da, slažemo se oko svega rečenog, a što prije se Intel i AMD riješe ovih utega u smislu nesposobnih ljudi kaj u voCtvu, kaj u PR-u, tim bolje jer to je bar s moje strane glavni predmet ismijavanja. Intel CEO fala i doviđenja, te ista stvar za kompletni AMD PR odjel, mada je već određenih prebjega bilo u posljednjim godinama i mjesecima, ali na kraju se sve svodi na nekolicinu istih ljudi koji samo rotiraju svoju poziciju po firmama. I dobro da su u Intelu napokon prešli na (ismijavani) chiplet dizjan i TSMC, jer već je i slijepom i gluhom jasno da njihove priče o vlastitim rješenjima i proizvodnim pogonima - ne drže vodu ni najmanje. Kakve god nedaće ih snašle, tak jasno da bude ih država spašavala, jer im je svima u interesu, pa tu zapravo nemaju brige, ali nažalost u međuvremenu su uspjeli dovesti firmu u poprilično nezavidnu poziciju.
Odgovori

Pravila postanja
Vi ne možete otvarati nove teme
Vi ne možete pisati odgovore
Vi ne možete uploadati priloge
Vi ne možete uređivati svoje poruke

BB code je Uključeno
Smajlići su Uključeno
[IMG] kod je Uključeno
HTML je Uključeno

Idi na