View Single Post
Staro 07.05.2021., 11:36   #172
The Exiled
McG
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Feb 2014
Exclusive: Intel’s DG2 for Mobile and Desktop – Xe enters the second phase
Citiraj:
Intel is currently planning DG2 in the notebook as well as in the desktop area, whereby the latter is left to the board partners and is obviously not active itself. I know from employees from Asus and MSI that Intel has made representations to some of the big names in the industry. But what exactly was agreed (or not) there is still a well-kept secret The diagram below is a bit older and shows the connection to Tiger Lake H. In the meantime, however, Intel is planning to use Alder Lake-P in the notebook sector, i.e. CPUs as 1-chip BGA with a TDP of 15 to 45 watts. The production of DG2 for the mobile sector is supposed to start already in calendar weeks 43 to 50 with the two smaller SKUs (4 and 5), if the current plans go, so that one is probably aiming at still very close to the Christmas business. The major SKUs (1 to 3) should then follow between week 50 in 2021 and week 10 in 2022.
Whether and especially when the three big models will also find their way to the new board partners as desktop GPUs is still uncertain, because the focus is clearly on the mobile area of notebooks according to the sources. The following table is a first indication, but not yet complete. I see a need for clarification especially with the TDP ratings. What you state with the maximum 100 watts should refer to the chip alone. With memory, you’d quickly be in the 125+ watt range – a lot of cooling work for a notebook. The dedicated cards are not mentioned in the current data in this regard, but you should be able to expect well over 200 watts for the entire card.
Izvor: Igor's Lab
The Exiled je offline   Reply With Quote