View Single Post
Staro 11.05.2022., 23:56   #1272
The Exiled
McG
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Feb 2014
AMD FSR 2.0 Quality & Performance Review - The DLSS Killer
Citiraj:
AMD has achieved the unthinkable—the new FidelityFX Super Resolution FSR 2.0 looks amazing, just as good as DLSS 2.0, actually DLSS 2.3 (in Deathloop). Sometimes even slightly better, sometimes slightly worse, but overall this is a huge win for AMD. Take a look at our comparison images—there's a huge improvement when comparing FSR 1.0 to FSR 2.0. The comparison to "Native" or "Native+TAA" also always looks worse than FSR 2.0, which is somewhat expected. When comparing "DLSS Quality" against "FSR 2.0 Quality" it is possible to spot minor differences, but for every case that I found I'd say it's impossible to declare one output better than the other, it's pretty much just personal preference, or not even that.

Things look a bit different at the lower end of the spectrum, comparing "DLSS Performance" to "FSR 2.0 Performance". Here I would say that DLSS is slightly better, especially when it comes to textured surfaces. Thin geometry also looks a little bit more detailed with DLSS, but it's a very close outcome overall, especially considering that nVidia has had a lot of time to fine-tune DLSS, whereas FSR 2.0 is on its first iteration.

Another novelty is that FSR 2.0 supports dynamic resolution scaling, which works very well. You have plenty of options to play with, including setting a FPS target and a quality minimum, and the algorithms take care of the rest. The way the game switches between resolutions is so smooth I couldn't even spot it—I tried. In terms of performance FSR 2.0 deserves praise, too. While it is a little bit more demanding than FSR 1.0, not surprising given the additional logic, it's still mighty fast and is pretty much identical to DLSS 2.0, even on nVidia hardware, which is able to offload many DLSS upscaling operations to the Tensor Cores.
Izvor: TechPowerUp
AMD Ryzen 7 Pro 4750G + Vega iGPU | be quiet! Pure Rock 2 Black | MSI B450 Tomahawk Max II | 32GB G.Skill DDR4-2666 Value | 256GB AData SX8200 Pro NVMe | 2x4TB WD Red Plus | Fractal Define 7 Compact | Corsair CX450M
The Exiled je offline   Reply With Quote