View Single Post
Staro 31.05.2022., 19:43   #256
The Exiled
McG
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Feb 2014
J.E.B.E.N.O. - u današnjoj epizodi Žive istine s Joškom Martinovićem i Dariom Marjanović - Intel najavljuje nasljednika Ponte Vecchio HPC GPU rješenja koje ionak kasni zajedno s Aurora superračunalom.

Istovremeno ni traga ni glasa ARC desktop modelima, dok GeForce RTX 4000 i Radeon RX 7000 rješenja stižu u ljetno-jesenskim mjesecima.

Intelov tajming kao i uvijek - besprijekoran.

Citiraj:
Intel unveils Rialto Bridge: Second-Gen Xe-HPC accelerator to succeed Ponte Vecchio
Citiraj:
Intel’s GPU teams have been pipelining the development of Ponte’s successor even as the first large installation of Ponte itself (the Aurora Supercomputer) is still being stood up. While Intel isn’t offering a fully detailed technical breakdown this early in the process, at a high level the company is talking a bit about specifications, as well as providing a render of the future chip that removes all doubt that it’s a Ponte successor, showcasing that it’s comprised of dozens of tiles/chiplets in the same layout as Ponte. The biggest change that Intel is talking about today is that they’ll be expanding the total number of Xe compute cores from 128 on Ponte to a maximum of 160 on Rialto Bridge – presumably by increasing the number of Xe cores in each compute tile. Absent any concrete details on the manufacturing side of matters, Intel is at least confirming that Rialto will use newer manufacturing nodes for its construction, replacing its current mix of TSMC N7 (Link Tile), TSMC N5 (Compute), and Intel 7 (Cache & Base) parts. Per Intel’s roadmap, the plan is to have Rialto Bridge start sampling in mid-2023. Given Intel’s troubles getting Ponte Vecchio out on time – you still can’t get it unless you’re Aurora – this would be a surprisingly quick turnaround time for Intel.
Izvor: AnandTech
AMD Ryzen 7 Pro 4750G + Vega iGPU | be quiet! Pure Rock 2 Black | MSI B450 Tomahawk Max II | 32GB G.Skill DDR4-2666 Value | 256GB AData SX8200 Pro NVMe | 2x4TB WD Red Plus | Fractal Define 7 Compact | Corsair CX450M
The Exiled je offline   Reply With Quote