View Single Post
Staro 04.11.2021., 20:47   #34
The Exiled
McG
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Feb 2014
The Intel 12th Gen Core i9-12900K Review: Hybrid Performance Brings Hybrid Complexity
Citiraj:
Power is an interesting topic, and although our peak power numbers when all cores were loaded were above the 241W Turbo power on the box, in real world workloads it didn’t tend to go that high. The P-cores alone on the chip matched the power consumption of Intel’s 11th Generation in AVX2 workloads, but adding in the E-cores does put it over the previous generation. I’m not entirely sure what that says about Intel’s 7 manufacturing process compared to the 10SF used before. A lot of the performance gains here appear to come from IPC and DDR5, and that doesn’t seem to have come with performance per watt gains on the P-cores. It means that Intel is still losing on power efficiency at load compared to the competition.

Overall though, it’s no denying that Intel is now in the thick of it, or if I were to argue, the market leader. The nuances of the hybrid architecture are still nascent, so it will take time to discover where benefits will come, especially when we get to the laptop variants of Alder Lake. At a retail price of around $650, the Core i9-12900K ends up being competitive between the two Ryzen 9 processors, each with their good points. The only serious downside for Intel though is cost of switching to DDR5, and users learning Windows 11. That’s not necessarily on Intel, but it’s a few more hoops than we regularly jump through.
Izvor: AnandTech
AMD Ryzen 7 Pro 4750G + Vega iGPU | be quiet! Pure Rock 2 Black | MSI B450 Tomahawk Max II | 32GB G.Skill DDR4-2666 Value | 256GB AData SX8200 Pro NVMe | 2x4TB WD Red Plus | Fractal Define 7 Compact | Corsair CX450M
The Exiled je offline   Reply With Quote