View Single Post
Staro 02.04.2021., 19:47   #37
The Exiled
McG
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Feb 2014
Nije čudno, jer je i ovak sve skup na knap ...
Citiraj:
Citiraj:
Intel could easily make a 20+ core processor with these Cypress Cove cores, however the die size would be too large to be economical, and perhaps the power consumption when all the cores are loaded would necessitate a severe reduction in frequency to keep the power under control. To that end, Intel finalised its design on eight cores. For die sizes, even with enabling only eight cores, the new Rocket Lake design is substantially bigger than the 10-core variant on Comet Lake. So it's worth noting that Intel's new 8 core Rocket Lake processor is actually bigger than the 10 core Broadwell-E processor from 2016. One major difference between those two however is AVX-512, which does have a slight die-size increase. Nonetheless, Intel is approaching its HEDT platform die size with Rocket Lake, but can't sell them for as much as the HEDT has historically sold for.
Izvor: AnandTech
... obzirom da 8C/16T Rocket Lake all-core 5.0GHz AVX-512 OC Turbo BUG forum ediŠon modeli potrošnjom nadilaze 64C/128T EPYC i Threadripper modele, bilo što veće od osmerojezgrenih čipova, cijelu situaciju dodatno podiže u još veće apsurde.
Citiraj:
Citiraj:
Autor Odinarius Pregled postova
I američka vlada možda shvati da njihovih 28 milijardi neće osigurati nikakvu tehnološku SAD-a...
Citiraj:
Autor Sinac Pregled postova
Ovako hoćeš-nećeš moraš pregledati točnu specifikaciju procesora na Intelovoj stranici na kojoj se vrti reklama na kojoj piše da je u pitanju brand-new-and-the-best-of-the-best technology (ono, svira, pjeva i pleše i samo kaj ti ne popljuga...) kako bi te odvratili da uopće gledaš AMD procesore.
Nastavno na Intelova ogromna ulaganja ...
Citiraj:
SK Hynix to build $106 Billion Fab Cluster: 800,000 Wafer starts a month
Citiraj:
South Korea authorities this week gave SK Hynix a green light to build a new, 120 trillion won ($106.35 billion) fab complex. The fab cluster will be primarily used to build DRAM for PCs, mobile devices, and servers, using process technologies that rely on extreme ultraviolet lithography (EUV). The first fab in the complex will go online in 2025. The four fabs will have a planned capacity of around 800,000 wafer starts per month (WSPM), which will make the site one of the world's biggest semiconductor production hubs. Keeping in mind that we are dealing with EUV fabs, it is not surprising that a huge 200,000-WSPM plant with EUV tools will cost SK Hynix north of $25 billion. The new fabs will be used to make various types of DRAM using SK Hynix's upcoming production technologies that will use extreme ultraviolet (EUV) lithography. And with a start date still years away, we're likely looking at a fab that will be used to manufacture DDR5, LPDDR5X, and other future types of DRAM.
Izvor: AnandTech
... konkurencija nemilosrdno pojačava vlastite kapacitete na 11.
The Exiled je offline   Reply With Quote