View Single Post
Staro 06.03.2021., 13:48   #4318
The Exiled
McG
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Feb 2014
Jesmo pričali da bude tak i onda još za šećer na kraju, frajeri stave 600€ cijenu za Core i9-11900K 8C/16T model ko da je riječ o Threadripper konkurentu.

I lagano tragikomično da stariji Zen 2 Renoir Ryzen 7 4750G nije puno lošiji od Core i7-11700K, dok je čak i mobilni Tiger Lake u određenim slučajevima bolji od Rocket Lake modela.
EDIT:
Citiraj:
Intel’s desktop product teams have had their hands in a bind for a while. The goal was always to migrate from 14nm to 10nm when the intersection of performance, cost, and power hit the sweet spot. This was originally expected to happen after 2017, with the launch after Kaby Lake, but we are here in 2021 and this still hasn’t happened. Rocket Lake brings to the table a big core design with new features such as AVX-512 and PCIe 4.0. The core is so big that in order to keep die size, yield, and costs similar to the previous generation, the final design only has eight cores rather than ten.

The migration of Sunny Cove cores, already known for being power hungry, onto an older process node, and then bundling AVX-512 in the mix, has had a number of enthusiasts concerned for how Intel would approach power consumption. Based on our testing today, the simple answer is to offer a blessing to the deity of your choice for a good CPU. Our Core i7-11700K is rated at 125 W. But in practice for a mild AVX2 workload we saw 225 W of power consumption and a temperature of 81şC, while a general workload was around 130-155 W at 60şC.

The danger is that during our testing, the power peaked at an eye-catching 292 W. This was during an all-core AVX-512 workload, automatically set at 4.6 GHz, and the CPU hit 104şC momentarily.

Zadnje izmijenjeno od: The Exiled. 06.03.2021. u 14:35.
The Exiled je online   Reply With Quote