Odgovori

Uređivanje
Staro 23.08.2010., 11:40   #1
Warrior
Premium
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Nov 2006
Pitanje oko podrške za Crossfire i SLI?

Općenito pitanje glasi, da li ploče koje u opisu imaju da podržavaju Crossfire, a nemaju u opisu da podržavaju nVidia SLI mogu nekako podržati i SLI? Mislim, tehnologije su iste, samo je jedna od ATI-a, a druga od nVidie, ne?

Thanks.
Staro 23.08.2010., 12:15   #2
bluefluid
Premium
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Nov 2007
Ukratko, ne. Radi se o razlicitim tehnologijama. Sli je moguc samo na nvidijinim chipsetima ili u novije vrijeme pomocu posebnog chipa (nforce200) koji se implementira na plocu (sa intelovim chipsetom), dok je cf nativno podrzan na amd-ovim i intelovim chipsetima.

ATI CrossFire

Scalable Link Interface

Citiraj:
Comparisons...

CrossFire can be implemented with varying-GPU cards of the same generation (this is in contrast to Nvidia's SLI, which generally only works if all cards have the same GPU). This allows buyers who have varying budgets over time to purchase different cards and still get the benefits of increased performance. With the latest generation cards, they will only crossfire with other cards in their sub series. A 5850 will crossfire with a 5830 or a 5850, and a 5770 will crossfire with a 5750, but a 5850 won't crossfire with a 5770.

ATI has opened the CrossFire architecture to Intel, allowing CrossFire to be enabled on many Intel chipsets which boast two x16 PCI-E slots. SLI, however, requires a motherboard which is SLI certified, which includes all nForce chipsets (such as the nForce 590 SLI, nForce 680i SLI, and nForce 790i), and most Intel X58 and Intel P55 based motherboards.
Citiraj:
In order to use SLI, a motherboard with an nForce4, nForce 500, nForce 600 or nForce 700 SLI chipset must be used, although with the use of hacks and older drivers, one can make SLI work on motherboards with Intel, ATI and ULi chipsets. NVIDIA has stated that only their own chipsets can allow SLI to function optimally, and that they will not allow SLI to work on any other vendor's chipsets. Some early SLI systems used Intel's E7525 Xeon chipset, which caused problems when NVIDIA started locking out other vendor's chipsets as it limited them to an outdated driver set. In 2007, Intel has licensed NVIDIA's SLI technology for its SkullTrail platform, and select motherboards supporting the Intel X58 (Tylersburg) chipset have unlocked SLI capabilities. Not all X58 motherboards support this technology, as NVIDIA offered it to motherboard manufacturers at the cost of $5 per motherboard sold.

Zadnje izmijenjeno od: bluefluid. 23.08.2010. u 12:21.
bluefluid je offline   Reply With Quote
Oglasni prostor
Oglas

Oglas
Staro 23.08.2010., 19:28   #3
Speedbreaker
Premium

Datum registracije: Jun 2007
Citiraj:
da li ploče koje u opisu imaju da podržavaju Crossfire, a nemaju u opisu da podržavaju nVidia SLI mogu nekako podržati i SLI?
Mogu, samo treba posebne (hackane) drivere instalirati.

Citiraj:
Description

So making multiple NVIDIA cards working together in SLI mode can be done on all motherboards for now. This became true due simplified verification procedure, which is implemented officially for Intel X58 platform, since 180.xx version of Forceware driver.
link
Speedbreaker je offline   Reply With Quote
Staro 23.08.2010., 19:52   #4
Doink the Clown
Jack of all, master of none
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Jan 2009

C L O W N I N G A R O U N D
Doink the Clown je offline   Reply With Quote
Staro 23.08.2010., 21:31   #5
MAGARAC
Premium
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Jan 2008
X58 mogu sigurno a vjerojatno i p55. Primjer je x58 UD3R koja je u startu bila samo za CF a kasnije je putem biosa dobila podršku za SLI.
MAGARAC je offline   Reply With Quote
Oglasni prostor
Oglas

Oglas
Odgovori

Uređivanje

Pravila postanja
Vi ne možete otvarati nove teme
Vi ne možete pisati odgovore
Vi ne možete uploadati priloge
Vi ne možete uređivati svoje poruke

BB code je Uključeno