Uređivanje
Staro 22.03.2023., 11:59   #451
The Exiled
McG
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Feb 2014
Citiraj:
Autor Frung Pregled postova
Majoj dok ti se Raja vrati u AMD kak budeš sretan.
Ne, ne treba tog tipa nigdje blizu bilo koje firme, zato sad i ide svojim putem. Intel se nažalost naoružal s takvima, pa dokle god na dnevnoj bazi najavljuju nešto, a isporučuju ništa, već odgađaju i otkazuju - sami su si krivi.
AMD Ryzen 7 Pro 4750G + Vega iGPU | be quiet! Pure Rock 2 Black | MSI B450 Tomahawk Max II | 32GB G.Skill DDR4-2666 Value | 256GB AData SX8200 Pro NVMe | 2x4TB WD Red Plus | Fractal Define 7 Compact | Corsair CX450M
The Exiled je offline   Reply With Quote
Staro 22.03.2023., 17:45   #452
Dr. Strange

Datum registracije: Aug 2020
Vjerujem da je GPU divizija sve samo ne gotova, Intel ako želi opstati mora imati i jaku GPU diviziju, a mjesta za još jednog igrača ima, sve 3 kompanije mogu fino papati.
Dr. Strange je offline   Reply With Quote
Staro 22.03.2023., 17:57   #453
The Exiled
McG
Moj komp

I to je moguće, posebice sad kad su se riješili Raje koji je pričal i najavljival žešće pizdarije (neovisno u kojoj firmi se nalazi). Nije ni anemični CEO Pat Gelsinger puno bolji po tom pitanju.

Ono kaj Intelu treba je što manje ekonomista i PR bižuterije na vodećim pozicijama uz što manje priče i što više realizacije konkretnih i konkurentnih proizvoda.

Raja Koduri, Ryan Shrout i njima slični nisu nimalo pomogli ARC GPU diviziji uz svu silu marketing turneja kod raznih popularnih YouTube kanala.
AMD Ryzen 7 Pro 4750G + Vega iGPU | be quiet! Pure Rock 2 Black | MSI B450 Tomahawk Max II | 32GB G.Skill DDR4-2666 Value | 256GB AData SX8200 Pro NVMe | 2x4TB WD Red Plus | Fractal Define 7 Compact | Corsair CX450M
Staro 22.03.2023., 20:55   #454
Antony
Premium

Datum registracije: Jun 2007

Zadnje izmijenjeno od: Antony. 22.03.2023. u 21:04.
Antony je offline   Reply With Quote
Staro 11.04.2023., 08:55   #455
The Exiled
McG
Moj komp

I tak, još jedno (ne)planirano otkazivanje unaprijed najavljenih HPC modela, a muljator Raja je u međuvremenu pronašel svoje mjesto u upravno-nadzornom odboru Kellerove firme.
Citiraj:
Truth to be told, a position in the board of directors does not imply that Raja will be able to influence development of CPUs or AI accelerators.
Citiraj:
Intel axes Data Center GPU Max 1350, preps new Max 1450 for 'Different Markets'
Citiraj:
Intel has effectively restructured the company's Data Center GPU Max series of compute GPUs. The chipmaker confirmed to Tom's Hardware that it has decided to eliminate the Data Center Max GPU 1350 from its product stack. However, it will introduce a newly-baked Data Center Max GPU 1450 later this year with cut-down I/O bandwidth to cater to 'different markets.' The move comes on the heels of Intel's decision to cancel its Rialto Bridge GPUs in the wake of the restructuring of its AXG graphics division. The initial Ponte Vecchio GPU lineup consisted of the Data Center Max GPU 1550, Data Center Max GPU 1350, and Data Center Max GPU 1100. Intel already launched the 1550 model in the first quarter of this year. The impending Q2 launch for the 1100 model still stands unaffected by the recent addition of the Data Center Max GPU 1450 to the product stack. However, Intel hasn't provided a specific launch date for the Data Center Max GPU 1450 yet, though we do know it will arrive this year. One crucial detail from Intel's statement is that the chipmaker has tailored the Data Center GPU Max 1450 for "different markets," which we suspect pertains to China. According to Intel, the Data Center GPU Max 1450 will arrive with reduced I/O bandwidth levels, a move that, in all likelihood, is meant to comply with U.S. regulations on GPU exports to China.
Izvor: Tom's Hardware
Staro 11.04.2023., 09:40   #456
Disco
Prvoklasni Krkan
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Jan 2006
Ako je tako, očito je dobio ''nahrani majmuna i ništa ne diraj'' poziciju.

Ali B ga K, ako lova kaplje.
Staro 11.04.2023., 09:46   #457
The Exiled
McG
Moj komp

Da, netko drugi bude osmislil konkretna rješenja, a on samo sjedi, zuji i eventualno kasnije proba pobrati zasluge, u slučaju da ga ne najure ili opet ode dalje u potrazi za novim izazovima. Jao, koja tragikomedija od lika i djela.
Staro 27.04.2023., 13:56   #458
The Exiled
McG
Moj komp

I nakon Raje StručLjaka još jedan Indijac koji će sasvim sigurno cijelu GPU diviziju sprovesti na pravi put. Također danas je Intelovo financijsko izvješće za Q1 2023., pa da vidimo kak stoje po pitanju rekordnih zarada.
Citiraj:
Intel appoints Deepak Patil as head of Graphics Group, replaces Raja Koduri
Citiraj:
Deepak Patil will replace Raja Koduri as the CVP and GM of the restructured Accelerated Computing Systems and Graphics (AXG) group. Jeff McVeigh served as the interim leader for AXG after Koduri departed to head an AI gaming software start-up. Patil worked for Microsoft for over 15 years and was one of the founding members of Microsoft Azure. He also has a lot of engineering leadership roles under his belt: before Intel, he was the SVP of Dell's Cloud Platforms and Solutions Group. With his ample experience in cloud computing, it's easy to see why Intel hired Patil as the Chief Technology and Strategy Officer of the Datacenter and AI Group (DCAI). AXG can be a challenge. Intel formed the group in 2021, and it has seen a fair share of challenges. Remember the Ponte Vecchio delays? Intel has killed off many non-core businesses under CEO Pat Gelsinger's direction, including Optane, SSDs, 5G modems, and — most recently — prebuilt servers, and despite many predictions to the contrary, AXG continues to soldier on after its reorganization. It will be interesting to see whether Patil can turn the group around as CVP and GM of AXG.
Staro 25.06.2023., 23:22   #459
Mladenxy
Premium
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Feb 2007
Izgleda uspjeli donekle srediti probleme

Mladenxy je offline   Reply With Quote
Staro 26.06.2023., 00:00   #460
The Exiled
McG
Moj komp

Ajde da su to sve u takvom stanju izbacili 2021., ali ovak mrcvare taj ARC do besvijesti.
Citiraj:
  • Intel issued a product change notification (PCN), announcing the discontinuation of the reference-design ARC A770 16 GB Limited Edition graphics card.

• The product is now marked end-of-life (EOL) from Intel's end. What this means is that retailers cannot order more of it from Intel.
Staro 26.06.2023., 11:53   #461
coconut
Premium
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Mar 2006
Nisu ga ni izbacili, a već je EOL. Kakva komedija.
Staro 26.06.2023., 14:24   #462
bambi56x
Premium
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Jan 2008
Ne znam što nije jasno, ali ovo je samo prestanak proizvodnje tog modela te kartice, trgovci više ne mogu naručivati taj model od Intela za prodaju, i prodaje se što je na zalihama dok ima. S obzirom da je Limited Edition u nazivu, (pre)dugo se i prodavala ta kartica.
bambi56x je offline   Reply With Quote
Staro 26.06.2023., 18:17   #463
maXonja
bu
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Jan 2017
Uopće tko kupuje te Intel kartice?
maXonja je offline   Reply With Quote
Staro 26.06.2023., 18:32   #464
kopija
DIY DILETANT

Datum registracije: Jan 2009
Sirotinja?
kopija je offline   Reply With Quote
Staro 27.06.2023., 06:29   #465
Disco
Prvoklasni Krkan
Moj komp

Avanturisti.
Staro 27.06.2023., 07:27   #466
dart_tom
Premium
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Feb 2008
Mazohisti?
dart_tom je offline   Reply With Quote
Staro 08.07.2023., 15:11   #467
The Exiled
McG
Moj komp

Citiraj:
Intel’s next-gen Battlemage GPUs delayed to mid-2024, higher-end graphics cards canceled. Unfortunately, Battlemage is plagued by technical issues, forcing Intel to push the launch to mid or late 2024. nVidia has allegedly decided to strongarm board partners from working with Intel on its next-gen ARC Battlemage graphics cards. nVidia has threatened AIBs with a limited supply of RTX GPUs if they decide to partner with Intel on its upcoming ARC GPUs. The repercussions of the partnership could extend to a potential ban, although that’s quite unlikely.

Normally, rumors of this kind would be easily discarded, but nVidia has built a reputation for engaging in borderline anti-competitive activities, the most notable being the GeForce Partner Program (GPP). Board partners were forced to use separate product branding for Radeon graphics cards, leaving the flagship/holo for nVidia’s top-end offerings. Notable examples include the ASUS ROG Strix, MSI Suprim X, and Gigabyte’s Aorus Extreme. What’s ironic about this situation is that Intel has been using similar tactics against AMD in the notebook OEM/ODM space. Many gaming notebooks are still limited to Intel CPUs, even if they are simple refreshes of preceding lineups.
Staro 20.07.2023., 17:57   #468
The Exiled
McG
Moj komp

Ode još jedna u nizu Rajinih realizacija.
Citiraj:
Intel confirms Project Endgame efforts are currently on hold
Citiraj:
The concept of Project Endgame was introduced during the Investors Meeting 2022 by Raja Koduri, who was then Intel’s Senior VP and GM of Intel Graphics group. The project aimed to provide users with access to a GPU-accelerated compute platform either through a local network or the cloud. The primary goal was to offer low-latency and continuous access to Intel Arc GPUs from any location, catering to clients, edge devices, and the cloud. At Vision 2022 in May, Koduri showcased the first demo of Endgame using a low-power laptop running Epic Games’ Matrix Awakens demo. However, the laptop was unable to run the game at the desired framerate. To overcome this limitation, Koduri employed a ‘continuous compute’ option, which connected the laptop to an Arc-based system which was close by, leveraging its GPU power without altering any settings in the game demo.

Unfortunately, it appears that the project is currently on hold, as there have been no updates for over a year. Intel has confirmed on Twitter that there is no new information to share at this time. Although Intel mentioned that Endgame would enter beta testing in late 2022, no public announcement of any beta program has been made thus far. While Intel never fully disclosed the inner workings of Endgame, it was assumed that the service would work with any GPU compute-dependent software, such as video encoding, generative AI, or 3D graphics. Unlike services like GeForce NOW, which creates virtual instances of cloud-based Windows, Endgame was designed to seamlessly add more compute power from the network with just one click.
Izvor: VideoCardz
Staro 09.08.2023., 23:02   #469
The Exiled
McG
Moj komp

Novi Intel GPU driveri se po pitanju telemetrije taman fino pašu s nadolazećim Microsoft Edge verzijama web-preglednika, tako da krajnji korisnici imaju drivere koji između ostalog prate posjećene web-stranice, dok Edge uzima screenshot.
Citiraj:
Intel Graphics Drivers now collect Telemetry (after Opt-In)
Citiraj:
Intel CIP (Compute Improvement Program) is functionally similar to the Telemetry component of the GeForce Software. nVidia's Telemetry is installed and enabled by default along with your GeForce graphics drivers, and you cannot opt out from it, as it does not even figure in the "custom" installer options. AMD handles its version of CIP and Telemetry in arguably the most transparent manner. The installer of AMD Software Adrenalin presents the option to prevent its data-collection tool from being enabled at the completion of driver installation, regardless of whether you've chosen the "typical," "driver only," or "custom" install options. There's an entire page of the installer dedicated to this, you see a large checkbox about data-collection that's checked by default, but which you can uncheck, and complete installation. It's pertinent to note here, that since the CIP agreement is presented right after the main Intel Software License Agreement, and since it is a visually similar screen, gamers in a hurry could be tricked into thinking that the CIP agreement is as obligatory as the SLA. They could be made to think that one must accept both agreements for the installer to proceed, since the first one is mandatory. There's also the likelihood that someone in a hurry would simply keep mashing that "Accept" button below a wall of text, without bothering to read what it is.
Izvor: TechPowerUp
Staro 09.08.2023., 23:14   #470
stitrek
Premium

Datum registracije: Feb 2021
Citiraj:
Autor The Exiled Pregled postova
Novi Intel GPU driveri se po pitanju telemetrije taman fino pašu s nadolazećim verzijama web-preglednika, tako da krajnji korisnici imaju drivere koji između ostalog prate posjećene web-stranice, dok Edge uzima screenshot.
Vjerovatno i Intel radi na prikupljanju podataka za svoju ili deep state AI bazu kao i X (ex Twitter)
stitrek je offline   Reply With Quote
Staro 26.09.2023., 20:53   #471
The Exiled
McG
Moj komp

I tak, ode Ryan Shrout, ali ko zna možda završi u AMD-u obzirom da je takav stručLJak izuzetno tražen, posebice sad kad je Radeon verzija Ryana također u potrazi za novim izazovima.
Citiraj:
Ryan Shrout announces departure from Intel
Citiraj:
The corporate world of semiconductor companies has seen some restructuring lately, and today, we learn that Ryan Shrout of Intel is leaving the company. Most recently serving as Senior Director of Client Segment Strategy, CCG at Graphics and AI Group, Ryan Shrout joined Intel over four years ago. Mr. Shrout started at the company as Chief Performance Strategist in 2018, and later, in 2020, he changed his role to Senior Director of Technical and Competitive Client Marketing. After that, he made a switch and was Senior Director of Gaming, Graphics, and HPC Marketing (AXG Marketing). His most recent role was relatively short-lived, only lasting for three months. Many people in the community may know Mr. Shrout due to his time at PC Perspective, which he founded and was first Editor-in-Chief in 1999. However, today, on his Twitter/X profile, we learned that he is departing Intel to take on another role. "Fall is a season for change! Yesterday was my last day at Intel. I'm going to take a couple weeks with the family then I'm excited to talk about what's next," the post stated. With such extensive experience in the PC industry, we are eager to see where Mr. Shrout lands next.
Izvor: TechPowerUp
Staro 17.12.2023., 17:53   #472
The Exiled
McG
Moj komp

Citiraj:
Intel details game-boosting frame generation tech — ExtraSS uses extrapolation instead of AMD and nVidia's approach that uses interpolation
Citiraj:
Intel is preparing to introduce its own frame generation technology similar to DLSS 3 and FSR 3, called ExtraSS. Detailed at Siggraph Asia in Sydney, ExtraSS is not just a clone of DLSS 3 or FSR 3: instead of using frame interpolation, it uses frame extrapolation. Although these two methods are very similar, extrapolation has some advantages that could set ExtraSS apart from its competitors. On the whole, ExtraSS is pretty similar to DLSS's and FSR's respective frame generation technology. Intel has built on top of XeSS and makes use of motion vectors and spatial data to improve visual quality, but with extrapolation, the data used to make a new frame is very different. Instead of using two frames to create a new one to insert in between (that's the inter in interpolation), extrapolation takes just one frame to generate the new one.

The obvious disadvantage here is the lack of extra data to put into Intel's algorithm. Extrapolation requires a higher resolution input and could still result in lots of visual glitches and artifacts, as Intel admits in its white paper. However, the benefit is that there is a reduced latency penalty compared to interpolation, which has to delay frames so it can generate new ones (otherwise, they'd show up out of order). The reason why Intel has decided to go with extrapolation when its rivals chose interpolation is because the company has "a new warping method with a lightweight flow model," which apparently makes extrapolation more feasible. However, we don't have footage of the demo (which was done in Unreal Engine), so we can't properly evaluate how good ExtraSS is, at this time.

The key drawback of DLSS 3 and FSR 3 has been the big latency penalty, which practically needs to be mitigated by nVidia's Reflex and AMD's Anti-Lag technologies, respectively. ExtraSS, if its visual quality is good enough, could be a potent alternative since it doesn't depend on additional features to get its latency to a playable level. However, that's a pretty big if, considering DLSS 3 and FSR 3 already struggle in visuals, and they use a higher quality frame generation method.
Staro 18.12.2023., 11:22   #473
Sinac
...samo te gledam...
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Mar 2007
To mi izgleda kao izmišljanje tople vode uz postojeću toplu vodu. I na kraju će se svi čuditi kako sve na papiru izgleda obećavajuće, brzo i fluidno, a onda u stvarnosti šteka da se svi drže za glavu, obećavajući da će "iduća verzija drajvera riješiti postojeće probleme".
Sinac je offline   Reply With Quote
Staro 18.12.2023., 16:04   #474
Disco
Prvoklasni Krkan
Moj komp

Staro 18.12.2023., 22:13   #475
Wiz3m4n
Premium
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Apr 2009
Nekako sam mišljenja kako će dobar dio nas u naredne 2g. isprobati koju Intelovu Vga
Wiz3m4n je offline   Reply With Quote
Staro 18.12.2023., 22:45   #476
The Exiled
McG
Moj komp

IMHO moglo bi vrlo lako ispasti da se FSR i XeSS uz popratna AMD i Intel frame generation rješenja po defaultu implementiraju i uključe uz nVidijin DLSS.
Citiraj:
AMD recently provided the source code for the FSR 3 “Frame Generation” filter, which performs similarly to DLSS 3 and works on all GPUs, including integrated graphics.
Odgovori

Uređivanje

Pravila postanja
Vi ne možete otvarati nove teme
Vi ne možete pisati odgovore
Vi ne možete uploadati priloge
Vi ne možete uređivati svoje poruke

BB code je Uključeno
Smajlići su Uključeno
[IMG] kod je Uključeno
HTML je Uključeno