Uređivanje
Staro 09.03.2006., 22:54   #1
JC Denton
dr. sc. tech. dipl. ing.
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Sep 2003
ePenis

Citiraj:
Do understand that the reason NVIDIA leaves these harsh filtering optimizations on is two-fold. First, on smaller displays, it simply does not make a difference to the vast majority of gamers out there. Second, it gives NVIDIA based GPUs better benchmark numbers. And in the land of video card marketing, where the size of your ePenis score is king, you don’t want to give up a few benchmark points lest you have the other team waving their ePenis back at you
LOOOOL!!! : roller : : roller : : roller :

potrgo sam se dok sam ovo citao... spominje se u kontekstu shimmeringa na novim(i starim) nV grafama.

Izvor: [H]ardOCP GF7900GTX & GT Review
JC Denton je offline   Reply With Quote
Staro 09.03.2006., 22:57   #2
atha
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Jan 2005
elektronski penis.
jeltz to uvijek kazhe kada spominje moju grafichku karticu.
× Philips 49PFS5501 LED TV × Technics SA-EH780 5.1 × Windows 10
Laptop1: Lenovo x100e w/Windows 10
atha je offline   Reply With Quote
Oglasni prostor
Oglas

Oglas
Staro 10.03.2006., 10:00   #3
SRV
Premium
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Sep 2005
LOOOL
SRV je offline   Reply With Quote
Staro 10.03.2006., 10:30   #4
Bran
nemam kaj napisati

Datum registracije: May 2003
Stvarno su maštoviti u izboru imena.

Bran je offline   Reply With Quote
Staro 10.03.2006., 13:32   #5
Mailman
Premium

Datum registracije: Nov 2001
mda...stari izraz...
kao što su stari i Nvidijini "problemi" sa shimmering-om...
Mailman je offline   Reply With Quote
Staro 11.03.2006., 01:00   #6
Codiac
bycod

Datum registracije: May 2004
ePenis sto sve necu vidjeti omg

Intel-i5-760 / Cooler-Master-Hyper-212 / Gigabyte P55-USB3
GSkill -2x4gb / MSI R7 370 2GB / Audigy SE Xtreme
Samsung EVO850 250GB / Samsung HD204UI / WDC 1TB/Samsung SH203b
Seasonic-430w / Chieftec-LCX-2x120 / DELL U2412M
Logitech Illuminated Keyboard / Logitech-G9 / Steelpad 4D / Rumble-pad-2 / Logitech-Z4

.i.
Codiac je offline   Reply With Quote
Staro 11.03.2006., 10:32   #7
JC Denton
dr. sc. tech. dipl. ing.
Moj komp

Citiraj:
you don’t want to give up a few benchmark points lest you have the other team waving their ePenis back at you
Ja se potrgam svaki put kad ovo procitam i zamislim si tu sliku.... : lol2 :
Staro 12.03.2006., 01:22   #8
Jelc
Super Moderators

Datum registracije: May 2002
Aaa...tek sam sad ulovio vremena pročitati cijeli članak.
Dakle-Nvidia i dalje praši po starom...

Shimmering, Oh My!

There you go, yes, I said it, “shimmering.” Specifically “texture crawling,” caused by either aggressing filtering or really bad LOD. I notice it using the Dell 2405FPW LCD. I believe the brighter contrast and crisper image coupled with the fact that the screen is just physically larger at a higher resolution all amplifies the problem and makes it extremely visible. I don’t notice it in all games, but there are a couple games in which it did negatively impact my overall level of gaming immersion. While this is another raging Green Vs. Red argument found many places on the Net, we have never specifically addressed it as we have never truly seen it impact our gameplay, but that is simply not the case with our 24” widescreen display.

We found in World of Warcraft there was horrible texture crawling on the ground as you walk through the game. It is most notable on coble stone or dirt paths through forests. Comparatively, texture crawling is much worse on NVIDIA GPUs than on ATI GPUs from our experience, but rest assured this is a problem that is present in both teams’ technologies. I noticed distinctly that moving from a NVIDIA-based GPU to the ATI Radeon X1900 XTX or XL very much reduced this “shimmering” problem in World of Warcraft as textures had less crawling. However, there was still some noticeable. Texture crawling is definitely worse on the GeForce 7800/7900 GPUs though. We were using the default driver settings for both NVIDIA and ATI.

We also noticed texture crawling in EverQuest II. Again on the ground, though this game wasn’t as bad as World of Warcraft. I didn’t really notice it or find anything distracting in games other than those mentioned above. It seems that World of Warcraft is the worst of them all when it comes to shimmering, and it was quite distracting on the large widescreen LCD.

What do we think about this texture crawling issue? We don’t like it and we hope NVIDIA makes some improvements with their filtering quality in their drivers soon. We are aware that you can force a higher mode of texture filtering by turning off some of their optimizations, but honestly we’d like the default filtering quality to simply be better without having to turn off optimizations by hand in their driver control panel. Be aware that some folks are much more alert to this shimmering issue than others, so if you have not seen it, I suggest you don’t go out and look for it.

Do understand that the reason NVIDIA leaves these harsh filtering optimizations on is two-fold. First, on smaller displays, it simply does not make a difference to the vast majority of gamers out there. Second, it gives NVIDIA based GPUs better benchmark numbers. And in the land of video card marketing, where the size of your ePenis score is king, you don’t want to give up a few benchmark points lest you have the other team waving their ePenis back at you.

If NVIDIA is going to leave these optimizations on by default in the driver, and they are well aware that these optimizations negatively impact your gaming experience on larger displays, that is the ruler we are going to judge them by. We will continue to point out filtering issues where we see them impacting our gameplay.

Dakle i sa novom serijom je sve po starom
Jelc je offline   Reply With Quote
Staro 12.03.2006., 01:28   #9
Mailman
Premium

Citiraj:
Autor Jelc
Aaa...tek sam sad ulovio vremena pročitati cijeli članak.
Dakle-Nvidia i dalje praši po starom...

Shimmering, Oh My!

Dakle i sa novom serijom je sve po starom
pa naravno!
kako da inače održe korak sa Atijem?
Staro 12.03.2006., 01:29   #10
JC Denton
dr. sc. tech. dipl. ing.
Moj komp

A mislim...glupo je... lako se mi "iskusniji" useri toga rijesimo tako da u driverima sve stavimo na High Quality.. ali neki prosjecni "Stef" bezveze mora gledat gusjenice kako mu trce po podu u WoW-u i umirat u strahu jer misli da ga napadaju i da ce ga utamanit

Iskreno, zaboli me za to dok se moze maknut u driverima..ali sam se dobro nasmijao zbog nacina na koji je to na kraju opisano s ovim ePenisom...
Oglasni prostor
Oglas

Oglas
Staro 12.03.2006., 01:34   #11
Mailman
Premium

Citiraj:
Autor JC Denton
A mislim...glupo je... lako se mi "iskusniji" useri toga rijesimo tako da u driverima sve stavimo na High Quality..
mda...nego čitam (tj. gledam sliku ) ovdje da i u slučaju da staviš postavke na "high quality" neke optimizacije ostaju i onda naravno utječu na krajnji skor....vrijedi za OpenGL samo
Staro 12.03.2006., 01:40   #12
Jelc
Super Moderators

Citiraj:
Autor JC Denton
A mislim...glupo je... lako se mi "iskusniji" useri toga rijesimo tako da u driverima sve stavimo na High Quality..
Pa u nekim verzijama drivera ti ni to ne pomaže.

Ali-prosječni korisnik će pri kupovini grafe prelistati par bencheva i pomisliti kako je grafa brža od konkurencije.
I kupiti je.
A takvi rezultati bencheva su dobiveni varanjem i snižavanjem kvalitete prikaza.

Dakle-klasična "muda pod bubrege" i "bacanje krafni u oči"

Čovjek bi se zapitao tko je tu ovca...

Za one koje zanima kako se to radi:

http://www.3dcenter.org/artikel/neue_filtertricks/

Da ne bude zabune-ovo je ozbiljan site.
Na njemačkom je ali mislim da ćete uloviti bit.
Posebno su zanimljive reze u GL-u koji je uvijek bio jača strana Nvidie.
Staro 12.03.2006., 01:42   #13
Jelc
Super Moderators

Pretekao me poštar
Staro 12.03.2006., 01:57   #14
Mailman
Premium

Citiraj: