Uređivanje
Staro 30.01.2022., 12:42   #151
The Exiled
McG
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Feb 2014
nVidia Hopper might have huge 1000 mm² die monolithic design
Citiraj:
Hopper is still sporting a classic monolithic die design despite previous rumors, and it appears that nVidia's performance targets have led to the creation of a monstrous, ~1000 mm² die package for the GH100 chip, which usually maxes out the complexity and performance that can be achieved on a particular manufacturing process. This is despite the fact that Hopper is also rumored to be manufactured under TSMC's 5nm technology, thus achieving higher transistor density and power efficiency compared to the 8nm Samsung process that nVidia is currently contracting. At the very least, it means that the final die will be bigger than the already enormous 826mm² of nVidia's GA100.

If this is indeed the case and nVidia isn't deploying a MCM (Multi-Chip Module) design on Hopper, which is designed for a market with increased profit margins, it likely means that less profitable consumer-oriented products from nVidia won't be featuring the technology either. MCM designs also make more sense in nVidia's HPC products, as they would enable higher theoretical performance when scaling - exactly what that market demands. Of course, nVidia could be looking to develop an MCM version of the GH100 still; but if that were to happen, the company could be looking to pair two of these chips together as another HPC product (rumored GH-102). ~2,000 mm² in a single GPU package, paired with increased density and architectural improvements might actually be what nVidia requires to achieve the 3x performance jump from the Ampere-based A100 the company is reportedly targeting.
Izvor: TechPowerUp
AMD Ryzen 7 Pro 4750G + Vega iGPU | be quiet! Pure Rock 2 Black | MSI B450 Tomahawk Max II | 32GB G.Skill DDR4-2666 Value | 256GB AData SX8200 Pro NVMe | 2x4TB WD Red Plus | Fractal Define 7 Compact | Corsair CX450M
The Exiled je offline   Reply With Quote
Staro 24.02.2022., 18:55   #152
The Exiled
McG
Moj komp

RTX 4000 rumors: September release, over 800W TDP
Citiraj:
nVidia’s upcoming RTX 4000 series of graphics cards, codenamed Lovelace, are rumored to arrive this September. But in addition to availability and price concerns, you’ll probably need a new PSU for the high-end models, which are said to consume over 800W of power. We heard reports last year claiming the RTX 4000 cards would use some of the most power-hungry GPUs we’ve ever seen. That’s especially true of the AD102 that’s rumored to have a TGP of 800W or more. The latest rumors come from prolific leakers Kopite7kimi and Greymon55, both of whom say they’ve heard claims that the AD102 GPUs will have scarily high TGPs. The former thinks the RTX 4080 will carry a 450W TGP and the RTX 4080 Ti will be 600W. The RTX 4090, meanwhile, will come with a monstrous 800W rating. According to a report from Hardware Times, nVidia is prepared to pay dearly for the ability to meet growing demand for increasingly powerful graphics cards. Specifically, it may be offering up to $10 billion to TSMC for a significant chunk of its 5nm manufacturing capacity. Other companies tapping TSMC’s N5 process node are Bitmain, AMD, and Apple.
Izvor: TechSpot
AMD Ryzen 7 Pro 4750G + Vega iGPU | be quiet! Pure Rock 2 Black | MSI B450 Tomahawk Max II | 32GB G.Skill DDR4-2666 Value | 256GB AData SX8200 Pro NVMe | 2x4TB WD Red Plus | Fractal Define 7 Compact | Corsair CX450M
Oglasni prostor
Oglas

Oglas
Staro 24.02.2022., 18:57   #153
Lewis
Freelancer
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Jan 2007
ono dvije grafe u boostu + CPU = 2kW, strasno
Staro 24.02.2022., 19:02   #154
The Exiled
McG
Moj komp

Iskreno, koliko god pretjerano zvučalo, ne bi me čudilo da budu tu negdje, jer već sad imaju 450W i 500W BIOS-e za RTX 3090 modele.

S ovom novom opet idu na ogroman monolitan čip, dok AMD već ima spreman i funkcionalan MCM, tj. chiplet dizajn za RDNA 3.
Staro 24.02.2022., 20:33   #155
Disco
Prvoklasni Krkan
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Jan 2006
Ima video od od Toma iz MLID koji misli da to nije istina, i kao jedan od glavnih razloga navodi da bi to bilo nemoguće hladit ako srče 800+ wata. Pa to je imho apsolutno suluda potrošnja za igranje…uz skupi HW, trebat ce imat i za struju. Nadam se da nije istina, i nadam se da ce onda bar AMD imati nesto normalno.
E da Tom misli da su to mozda i serverske grafe ili ona cudesa za AI, ili je to isto, ne sjecam se sto je točno rekao
Staro 24.02.2022., 20:42   #156
The Exiled
McG
Moj komp

Citiraj:
Autor Disco Pregled postova
Ima video od od Toma iz MLID koji misli da to nije istina, i kao jedan od glavnih razloga navodi da bi to bilo nemoguće hladit ako srče 800+ wata. Pa to je imho apsolutno suluda potrošnja za igranje…uz skupi HW, trebat ce imat i za struju. Nadam se da nije istina, i nadam se da ce onda bar AMD imati nesto normalno.
E da Tom misli da su to mozda i serverske grafe ili ona cudesa za AI, ili je to isto, ne sjecam se sto je točno rekao
Da, pogledal sam i sve to stoji, ali velim ništa me ne bi začudilo da slože takve potrošače, ne mora čak ni biti tih nagađanih 800W+, dosta je da bude iznad ovih 450W ili 500W koliko gutaju sadašnji high-end RTX modeli. HPC/AI/ML modeli nadolazećih kartica bi stvarno mogli i trošiti čuda tehnike uz HEP na brzom biranju, jer njima nije problem po defaultu služiti vodeno hlađenje. Kaj se AMD RDNA 3 tiče, sve ovo kaj nVidia priprema opet s monolitnim čipom, je baš zato, jer isto ko i Intel najlakše budu najboljiJi kad se potrošnja nafrlji do kraja, pa kud puklo da puklo. Tom se isto na to osvrnul da nVidia već sad zna da RDNA 3 MCM dizajn uz bolje performanse nudi i bolju učinkovitost, pa da onda odmah u startu našpanaju svoje čisto za svaki slučaj. Sve u svemu, budemo pričekali da vidimo kaj imaju spremno, ali kak god se okrene, nove Radeon i GeForce kartice budu trošile više, jedino kaj bi moglo ispasti da nVidia stvarno pretjera.
EDIT:
Citiraj:
GPU giant nVidia is investigating a potential cyberattack
Citiraj:
US chipmaker giant nVidia confirmed today it's currently investigating an "incident" that reportedly took down some of its systems for two days. Systems impacted in what looks like a cyberattack include the company's developer tools and email systems, as first reported by The Telegraph. The reported outage is the result of a network intrusion, and it is still not known if any business or customer data was stolen during the incident. nVidia told BleepingComputer that the nature of the incident is still being evaluated and that the company's commercial activities were not affected. An insider has described this incident as having "completely compromised" nVidia's internal systems.
Izvor: BleepingComputer

Zadnje izmijenjeno od: The Exiled. 26.02.2022. u 01:26.
Staro 26.02.2022., 20:23   #157
Eladio
..starija garda
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Dec 2002
Nadam se da se jako varam, hm, moj savjet onima koji cekaju bi bio kupite grafu sad dok ne padne i Taiwan..
Brijem da nize cijene i bolju dobavljivost nego sto sad imamo, nećemo imati tako skoro

MojSkuter
---------------------------------PEACE
Eladio je offline   Reply With Quote
Staro 26.02.2022., 20:52   #158
Lewis
Freelancer
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Jan 2007
Ja sam kupio jos dvije 3090 dok nije nestasica
Staro 27.02.2022., 13:58   #159
Eladio
..starija garda
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Dec 2002
Nisi me bas shvatio.. geopoliticki nemir uz rat u Ukrajini i mozebitni novi ratovi (Kina/Taiwan) te sankcije koje idu u paketu uz rat ne ide na ruku IT trzistu... to je jedan novi faktor... naravno nisam baba vanga, ali samo nagadjam da tko očekuje još pad cijena, mogao bi se neugodno iznenaditi ako krenu nove nestašice i poskupljenja

MojSkuter
---------------------------------PEACE
Eladio je offline   Reply With Quote
Staro 27.02.2022., 14:12   #160
MadBoY
MadModerator
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Sep 2002
Ukrajina proizvodi 70% neona, koji se koristi u proizvodnji chipova. Bez obzira kolike zalihe proizvođači imaju, ovo će im biti izgovor za dizanje cijena.
Oglas

Oglas
Staro 28.02.2022., 12:57   #161
The Exiled
McG
Moj komp

Citiraj:
Hacking group threatens to leak nVidia GPU driver and firmware data, already selling GA102/104 LHR algorithm bypass
Citiraj:
The group responsible for the ransomware attack on nVidia servers a few days ago, now reports that they had access to nVidia servers for about a week and have been able to gain admin access to a lot of systems. Furthermore, the group claims that despite nVidia’s efforts the data including drivers, schematics or firmware has been accessed. To make matters worse, it is said that an LHR V2 bypass for GA102 / GA104 GPUs is now being offered for sale, which means that the group has allegedly found the algorithm that was responsible for the crypto mining hash rate limiter implemented into the RTX 30 series last year. The group has already released the first part of the leak and based on what we have been told the partial data included in the package appears to match the claims.
Izvor: Interneti
Što dalje ova situacija ide, to se viši čini da je nVidia interno vrtjela onaj fake LHR unlocker za koji se ispostavilo da je malware, pa sad imaju problem.
Staro 02.03.2022., 08:40   #162
p3r02d3r0
Premium
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Jul 2012
Nvidia's DLSS source code leaked by hackers

Citiraj:
The group has threatened to release more information unless Nvidia removes its Ethereum hash rate limiter.
p3r02d3r0 je offline   Reply With Quote
Staro 03.03.2022., 11:25   #163
Disco
Prvoklasni Krkan
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Jan 2006
Mah, ti hackeri se prijete da će pustit u opticaj nadolazeće specke novih grafa...nV se ''ukakala'' od potencijalne štete...
Staro 03.03.2022., 11:39   #164
The Exiled
McG
Moj komp