Datum registracije: Sep 2013
I open source.
Odinarius je offline   Reply With Quote
Staro 05.09.2018., 21:02   #1053
MadBoY
MadModerator
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Sep 2002
Već neko vrijeme rade na tome, dosta su poboljšali podršku za "pro" alate. Za ovakve stvari je Vega super i dolazi do izražaja sirova snaga arhitekture.
AMD Radeon ProRender
Staro 10.09.2018., 23:49   #1054
Manuel Calavera
Premium
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Jul 2012
Citiraj:
Summary

-Nvidia hybrid ray tracing is a nice selling point, but performance is what's important - not $1,000 generation 1 tech. Don't drink the ray tracing Kool-Aid.

-Little competition in GPU means Nvidia can charge what ever it wants.

-Future Nvidia cards are experiencing some backlash due to prices. This presents AMD with an opportunity - IF - they can get a product out.

-AMD must step up its game in GPU (as it is far behind): Stop-gap products might just buy them the time to do so.

What can AMD (AMD) do to combat Nvidia (NVDA)? That is the question rolling around in my head. Clearly Nvidia's newest GPU RTX brings some unique features to consumers via hybrid ray tracing. Can AMD compete? Do they have a chance? What would/should/could AMD being doing to combat them? What problems might Nvidia face? Lots of questions. Let's speculate on answers and how we are playing it.

Ray Tracing

One of the strong points of the Nvidia RTX series is the hybrid ray tracing. Granted, this is generation 1 tech. Ray tracing reminds of me of when 3DFX introduced anti aliasing to gamers. At the time, the performance hit was immense and while it was neat - it was just not practical (if you wanted decent frame rates). Fast forward a few years and the tech has matured... the same might happen with ray tracing, but it is just not ready for - mainstream- prime time. Don't drink the Nvidia Kool-Aid... at least not until generation 2 tech hits.

Pricing

Even the highest Nvidia cards are only getting what passes as acceptable frame rates with ray tracing enabled (and some might even question that). However, ray tracing is a nice selling point and some gamers will indeed fork over premium prices for a premium experience. Obviously, the technology will improve with subsequent generations of development. AMD simply can't just allow this to pass. Yet... I do not think they have any plans to.

Future Tech

If we look at the DirectX and Vulkan, they both will support ray tracing and AMD is working on improving its Radeon Rays 2.0. Given the history of AMD, I suspect they are working on hardware-specific ray tracing but just how much energy they are putting behind it is the question. For that... we simply do not have an answer.

Energy

It comes down to a question of limited resources and energy. How many projects can you divide the GPU teams to work on? Currently, we know or suspect they are working on:
1. Vega 7nm for datacenter
2. New APUs
3. Navi for Sony Playstation (rumor)
4. Undisclosed GPU for Xbox successor (rumor)
5. Navi for consumer PC
6. Polar 500 series refresh (14nm to 12nm node update - once again a rumor) and a few I'm sure I'm forgetting.
The point being one only has so many resources to devote and AMD is putting those teams to work. On top of all of that, they have to do ray tracing, which brings us back to how much energy is going into it? Obviously, they have to devote some since DirectX and Vulcan are moving in this direction. Yet... does AMD really need it this generation? I do not think so. Honestly, I think it is a non-issue for this generation. It's a neat gimmick, but for the average guy it's simply not happening due to price considerations and performance. Which brings us to... what can AMD do to fight Nvidia?

Achilles Heel of Nvidia

The weak point of the Nvidia RTX series is simply the price points (from what we know). Per Digitrends:
"The Nvidia FE GPUs will launch at $1,200 for the RTX 2080 Ti, $800 for the RTX 2080, and $600 for the RTX 2070. Reference designs will be noticeably cheaper at $1,000, $700, and $500 respectively, but that is still much more expensive than previous generation cards have been. Equivalent 10-series GPUs debuted at $200-$300 less."
Since Nvidia arguably has no competition on the high end, they can charge what they want - they demand a pretty penny for the upper range of Nvidia cards. How AMD can combat this is to ignore the top $1,000 tier. If they focus on producing powerful, yet affordable, GPU solutions in the sub $200-$300 market they can capture market share with the vast majority of gamers.
The 500 series Polaris targets the $200-$300 range and is in dire need of a refresh. Moving from 14nm to 12nm could offer some performance boosts. Meanwhile, AMD should take its Vega 7nm 32 gig enterprise card and explore bringing it to the consumer market. While AMD will have to reduce the card from 32 gigs of HBM2 memory to a smaller amount, this might be a viable option for a stop -gap product as we wait for next-generation GPU Navi from AMD.
Navi is due sometime in the later half of 2019, but that's quite a ways out. These stop gap products will buy AMD time, but it's also a matter of cost from the prospective of AMD. Once again can AMD afford to tie up teams to work on various projects? So far, AMD has been silent on any stop gap plans.

How We Are Playing It

AMDs' run has been spectacular... parabolic comes to mind. With that said, we have shifted our money out of "in the money options" (taking profits) to "out of the money." We maintain long exposure via April $30 and $31 strike calls and have added February $30 calls. Come early October to mid October, we might see a pre-earnings accumulation. Right now, we are taking a cautious approach to AMD in the short term but the trend is your friend.
Long term, the story is intact. Rome and Ryzen 2 are due next summer. If AMD can fix its GPU division things will really start to take off.
Manuel Calavera je offline   Reply With Quote
Staro 11.09.2018., 14:19   #1055
Odinarius
All-rounder
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Sep 2013
Što se Navija tiče, očito je od starta da mu timetable nije prilagođen gpu ciklusima.
Odinarius je offline   Reply With Quote
Staro 11.09.2018., 16:09   #1056
Manuel Calavera
Premium
Moj komp

AMD nikad nije ni imao timetable, stalno se nešto čeka - bilo hbm, hbm2 ili u slučaju navija - 7nm node, vjerojatno i sam završetak projekta + čekanje reda na node. Odavno sam rekao da ne vidim navi prije 6 mjeseca, a prema nekim novijim glasinama se čak spominje Q3, Q4

Što se tiče ovog boldanog oko gaming verzije vege 7nm, to je i meni baš palo na um neki dan. Da imaju malo ambicije i bezobrazluka mogli bi utjerati nvidiji. Zamisli ovi pričaju non stop o raytracingu, a da AMD preko noći samo izbaci gamersku 7nm vegu sa 8gb ili 16gb koja bi im parirala u RT ili čak bila bolja, te možda efikasnija. To bi bila komedija

Navodno ima 336mm2 i 20 tflopsa. Pa makar bilo neisplativo i napravili samo 200 komada za recenzente i šeike. Čisto radi bragging rightsa da imaju prvu 7nm gpu, RT te znak da su živi.

Zadnje izmijenjeno od: Manuel Calavera. 11.09.2018. u 16:20.
Staro 11.09.2018., 17:41   #1057
Eladio
..starija garda
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Dec 2002
Citiraj:
Autor Manuel Calavera Pregled postova
AMD nikad nije ni imao timetable, stalno se nešto čeka - bilo hbm, hbm2 ili u slučaju navija - 7nm node, vjerojatno i sam završetak projekta + čekanje reda na node. Odavno sam rekao da ne vidim navi prije 6 mjeseca, a prema nekim novijim glasinama se čak spominje Q3, Q4

Što se tiče ovog boldanog oko gaming verzije vege 7nm, to je i meni baš palo na um neki dan. Da imaju malo ambicije i bezobrazluka mogli bi utjerati nvidiji. Zamisli ovi pričaju non stop o raytracingu, a da AMD preko noći samo izbaci gamersku 7nm vegu sa 8gb ili 16gb koja bi im parirala u RT ili čak bila bolja, te možda efikasnija. To bi bila komedija

Navodno ima 336mm2 i 20 tflopsa. Pa makar bilo neisplativo i napravili samo 200 komada za recenzente i šeike. Čisto radi bragging rightsa da imaju prvu 7nm gpu, RT te znak da su živi.
Glupani zapošljavaju samo inženjere..
Umjesto PR stručnjake

MojSkuter
---------------------------------PEACE
Eladio je offline   Reply With Quote
Staro 16.09.2018., 01:11   #1058
Gigi1
Premium
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Feb 2005
Kruze neke price od 2x(mozda cak i 3x ) vega20 cipa na jednom pcbu.
Sa connectivityem od epyca i sirovom compute snagom vegi iduce godine bi veliki kupci mogli imati odlican in house paket od amd-a, proslogodisnji project 47 je izgleda samo bila uvertira, odnosno predjelo
Staro 16.09.2018., 09:43   #1059
MadBoY
MadModerator
Moj komp

To se već neko vrijeme priča ali ne zna se kad će krenuti s tim. Sigurno ne s Vega 20 jer su već pokazali cijeli GPU i vidi se da je jedna jezgra s 4 HBM2 stacka.
Moguće da naprave dual GPU karticu, koja koristi IF za spajanje dva GPU-a.
Staro 16.09.2018., 10:56   #1060
JC Denton
dr. sc. tech. dipl. ing.
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Sep 2003
Citiraj:
Autor MadBoY Pregled postova
To se već neko vrijeme priča ali ne zna se kad će krenuti s tim. Sigurno ne s Vega 20 jer su već pokazali cijeli GPU i vidi se da je jedna jezgra s 4 HBM2 stacka.
Moguće da naprave dual GPU karticu, koja koristi IF za spajanje dva GPU-a.

Moguce je da naprave poseban interposer koji sadrzi dva GPU-a povezana IF-om i HBM module. I na kraju to sve tako skupa nakelje na PCB. Tehnologiju za to definitivno imaju, a da li ce to bas tako i kada napravit - to ne znamo.
JC Denton je offline   Reply With Quote
Staro 27.09.2018., 22:32   #1061
Manuel Calavera
Premium
Moj komp

Staro 28.09.2018., 21:39   #1062
MadBoY
MadModerator
Moj komp

Komentar AMD-ovog zaposlenika na redditu:

Citiraj:
False alarm, folks. The code names are just something we will be using in the open source driver code, so we can publish code supporting new chips for upstream inclusion before launch without getting tangled up in marketing name secrecy.

Trying to avoid the confusion we have today where we publish new chip support as "VEGA10" and then the product gets marketed as "Vega 56" or "Vega 64". In future the new chip support might get published as something like "MOOSE" and then be marketed as something completely different.

The code names are per-chip not per-generation.
Staro 16.10.2018., 00:22   #1063
Eladio
..starija garda
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Dec 2002

MojSkuter
---------------------------------PEACE
Eladio je offline   Reply With Quote
Staro 21.10.2018., 21:26   #1064
Manuel Calavera
Premium
Moj komp

Citiraj:
7nm looks better than expected

According to our sources, AMD already has its 7nm Navi-based graphics card up and running in its lab, and the 7nm GPU looks good.

While it is clear that the Navi-based graphics card will launch in the second half of 2019, with the best scenario rumored to be the third quarter 2019, the good news is that the GPU is up and running in AMD labs. Of course, this is probably one of the early versions as AMD has still a long way before it has a final product ready, as there is a lot of work involved into bringing a new generation of graphics cards to the market.
Our sources also suggested that the 7nm GPU looks better than expected. Unfortunately, our source did not go into specifics so we do not know if this means that yields are good or that the actual 7nm GPU is giving a performance/power consumption. Bear in mind that these are some of the first details coming regarding the 7nm Navi GPU, in addition to earlier rumors suggesting that we could see the GTX 1080 performance-level at $250 price range.

Earlier information, which comes from a PCGamesn interview with the Senior Vice President of Engineering at AMD Radeon Technologies Group, David Wang, also suggested that AMD won't be using an MCM (Multi-Chip Module) approach, but rather a standard monolithic die design.
Our sources are still adamant about the fact that the Navi GPU will target the mid-range graphics card market, so think of it as a successor to the Polaris GPU, rather than the Vega one. This could also mean that we won't see a high-end Navi GPU before early 2020.

AMD will probably manage to keep a lot of pressure on Nvidia with the 12nm Polaris refresh, as the RX 580 is already putting a lot of pressure on the GTX 1060 in that market segment, especially in the performance per buck front.
AMD's 7nm Navi is expected to be succeeded by 7nm+ next-gen architecture, recently rumored to be called Arcturus, but that comes in 2020 and after.
Hopefully, more information regarding AMD's 7nm Navi GPU will show up as while AMD's Zen CPU architecture has certainly put a lot of pressure on Intel, lack of the competition in the high-end GPU market and the cryptocurrency craze have both led to higher graphics card prices.
AMD has 7nm Navi GPU up and running in its lab

MadBoY trebat će kad tad otvoriti Navi temu, da se ne provlači po vega ili polaris tememama, pa ako se budeš osjećao inspirirano... Ili eventualno 09.01. 2019 kada ću ju vjerojatno predstaviti ili barem malo detaljnije službeno najaviti
Staro 03.11.2018., 11:11   #1065
Manuel Calavera
Premium
Moj komp

https://www.adm.hr/graficka-kartica-...m_medium=click

Najjeftinije do sada ako se ne varam u našim shopovima

Mada i dalje slab deal kad se sa evga stranice za 1000kn manje može naručiti gtx 1070
Staro 06.11.2018., 22:59   #1066
Manuel Calavera
Premium
Moj komp

AMD Radeon Instinct MI60, The First 7nm Vega 20 GPU Based 32GB HBM2 Graphics Card Detailed – 13.2 Billion Transistors on a 331mm2 Die, 7.4 TFLOPs Double Precision Compute, 1 TB/s Bandwidth

- prva 7nm gpu (prvi high performance proizvod uopće na 7nm)
- prva gpu sa 1 TB/s memory bandwidth
- prva pci-e 4.0 gpu
- najbrža fp64 i fp32 pci-e gpu do sada
Staro 07.11.2018., 14:19   #1067
Manuel Calavera
Premium
Moj komp

Staro 15.11.2018., 13:11   #1068
Max_Damage
Premium
Moj komp

Datum registracije: May 2007
U zadnje vrijeme malo pratim cijene 56-ica i 64-ki, u većini dućana je 56 puno veća cijena nego 64. Ne kužim kako se to vuku cijene od dilera, u jednoj trgovini je do 1000kn jedna skuplja od druge.

Naime, eto sad baš gledam na nabava i vega 64 (gledam samo sapphire) je 4500. Meni se čini da je to najniža cijena Vege 64 kod nas.. Nadam se samo da će i Sapphire 56 pasti cijena...

Edit: Baš sad mjerim svoj Zalman z3 kejs. Majke ti, pa ove Vege su grdosije, nisam baš siguran da će mi stat nutra Po dužini, debljini i bome dubini. Hebemu

Zadnje izmijenjeno od: Max_Damage. 15.11.2018. u 21:43.
Max_Damage je offline   Reply With Quote
Staro 14.12.2018., 00:41   #1069
denied
Premium
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Aug 2005
Koje postavke imate na vegi64 s adrenalinom 2019? Stavio sam od statea 4 pa na dalje 1050mV i 50% power i ponekad mi se znaju resetirati....Na 19.3 verziji mi je bilo ok (ste 6 i 7) takva voltaža.....Jedino mi je dobro što mi ne smrzne komp kad isprobavam ko stari drajveri neg se samo driver resetira.....

Edit: Što se sad ventovi uopce ne gase na balanced?

Zadnje izmijenjeno od: denied. 14.12.2018. u 01:24.
denied je offline   Reply With Quote
Staro 09.01.2019., 08:00   #1070
Manuel Calavera
Premium
Moj komp

WCCF tvrdi da se najavljuje Vega II (7nm za consumere), što bi značilo ništa od Navija (zasad), ili druga opcija (manje vjerojatna) da Navi arhitekturu brendiraju kao Vega II gpu, što IMO baš i nema smisla jer Vega brand nije baš popularan među gamerima, bolje je ići na novu naming shemu...

Citiraj:
AMD will be soft launching (read: announcing) at least two 7nm product lineups. The first one is the 7nm Ryzen 3000 next-generation series (yeah that’s different from the 12nm variants) and the other is the consumer variant of their 7nm Vega GPU – which has been codenamed Radeon Vega II (although AMD might decide to christen that something else externally). From what I have heard this will be just a soft launch with the actual availability planned for sometime in Q2 2019. AMD is very excited about these products and believes it can be the first to market with 7nm SKUs.

As for how much detail AMD will go into, I can only guess, but my understanding is that they will not go into specific details at this time and are aiming for a more holistic approach to introducing their product (under promise, over deliver – the way it should be). So expect a discussion regarding both the 7nm Ryzen 3000 series and their plans for consumer vega – which I have already discussed – is internally codenamed as the Radeon Vega II. They will also be talking about more Radeon Graphics cards but I do not have details on those right now.
The third major item on the agenda is going to be Ryzen 3000 series with Vega graphics, these are also next-generation processors which will have Vega on-package and will provide competition to Intel in the integrated graphics category. Ryzen and Vega would make for a great combination – especially in the budget gaming / HTPC market and unlike traditional iGPUs – will actually be able to churn out some gaming horsepower.
One thing I did want to mention: AMD is incredibly excited about their progress and this sentiment itself is dripping down the grapevine – it’s clear that they are incredibly confident they can beat everyone (including Intel and NV) to market with 7nm products. Stay tuned for coverage of the actual keynote tomorrow! I wanted to keep this update short and sweet so this is all for now, folks.
Staro 09.01.2019., 08:09   #1071
Gigi1
Premium
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Feb 2005
opcija C za vegu II, da ne bude desktop nego prosumer kartica(WX ili Frontier edition) koje i dalje idu pod consumer kapu proizvoda.
Staro 09.01.2019., 08:12   #1072
Manuel Calavera
Premium
Moj komp

Nadam se da je to tj. to i ima najviše smisla

Vega II za gaming bi vjerojatno značila da Navija nema najmanje do kraja godine, ako ne i do sljedeće god, te da je performansama ispod toga, ako je navi zamjena za polaris, a vega II opet "upper tier", što opet u neku ruku ima pozitivno to da bi AMD možda napokon imao gtx 1080Ti takmaca
Staro 09.01.2019., 18:46   #1073
JuiceBox
Premium
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Sep 2007
Opcup kolika grafa sunasce ti, 2x8 pin i 16 gb memorije

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Screen-Openi...O4O5:rk:5:pf:0

JuiceBox je offline   Reply With Quote
Staro 09.01.2019., 18:50   #1074
Gigi1
Premium