Lozinka

Odgovori

Uređivanje
Staro 03.12.2022., 18:28   #61
Pupo
Nikad sit, uvijek žedan
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Jun 2005
To baš i nije tako, osim ako pod brzo misliš na godine (što zaista je brzo u tom kontekstu). Za sve što je ispod 8nm(il neki druge sitne vrijenosti, ne sjećam se) trebaju ASML tj. Leica strojevi. Ne postoji drugi dobavljač.

Citiraj:
Autor Exy Pregled postova
Ameri pokazuju tko je glavni, imat će najnapredniji proces na planetu na svom tlu. Europa naravno gleda i glumi gljivu.

Budemo uveli embargo na izvoz strojeva i to je to
Staro 03.12.2022., 18:32   #62
Exy
Premium
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Sep 2006
Ameri pokazuju tko je glavni, imat će najnapredniji proces na planetu na svom tlu. Europa naravno gleda i glumi gljivu.
Exy je offline   Reply With Quote
Staro 03.12.2022., 18:32   #63
The Exiled
McG
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Feb 2014
Citiraj:
Autor Pupo Pregled postova
To baš i nije tako, osim ako pod brzo misliš na godine (što zaista je brzo u tom kontekstu). Za sve što je ispod 8nm(il neki druge sitne vrijenosti, ne sjećam se) trebaju ASML tj. Leica strojevi. Ne postoji drugi dobavljač.
Svi trebaju ASML, nema druge, ono kaj hoću reći da TSMC sve kaj najavi sprovode u realnost, jer taj 5nm FAB u Arizoni bude izbacival wafere, prije, nego Intel uopće krene s postavljanjem opreme u svoje fabrike, a u međuvremenu TSMC već složi 3nm koji ide sad usporedno s ovim 5nm koji se već priprema za proizvodnju. Znam da za to trebaju godine, tak jasno, samo velim da su već prošle te godine i TSMC je svoje najave ostvaril i općenito ih ostvaruje, dok Intel i dalje čeka da ih netko sprovede na pravi put ili da konkurencija jednostavno nestane prek noći.
Citiraj:
Autor Exy Pregled postova
Da, pa samo Apple, AMD i nVidia (bome i Intel u zadnje vrijeme) tuku gadne pare za TSMC, a sve redom domaće američke firme, tak da imaju itekakav interes.
AMD Ryzen 7 Pro 4750G + Vega iGPU | be quiet! Pure Rock 2 Black | MSI B450 Tomahawk Max II | 32GB G.Skill DDR4-2666 Value | 256GB AData SX8200 Pro NVMe | 2x4TB WD Red Plus | Fractal Define 7 Compact | Corsair CX450M

Zadnje izmijenjeno od: The Exiled. 03.12.2022. u 18:40.
The Exiled je online   Reply With Quote
Staro 03.12.2022., 18:40   #64
Pupo
Nikad sit, uvijek žedan
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Jun 2005
Da li postoji u EU tvornica wafera uopće, a da bas nisu iz devesprve?
Staro 03.12.2022., 18:42   #65
The Exiled
McG
Moj komp

Ima Intel svoje u Irskoj i GloFo u Dresdenu, ali i EU sad po uzoru na USA želi svoj CHIPS Act, pa da se sve više toga na modernim proizvodnim procesima slaže diljem Europe.
AMD Ryzen 7 Pro 4750G + Vega iGPU | be quiet! Pure Rock 2 Black | MSI B450 Tomahawk Max II | 32GB G.Skill DDR4-2666 Value | 256GB AData SX8200 Pro NVMe | 2x4TB WD Red Plus | Fractal Define 7 Compact | Corsair CX450M
Staro 12.04.2023., 21:46   #66
The Exiled
McG
Moj komp

Intel Foundry and ARM to collaborate on 1.8nm mobile SoCs
Citiraj:
Arm and Intel Foundry Services on Wednesday announced plans to conduct design technology co-optimization (DTCO) and system technology co-optimization (STCO) for Arm's mobile IP on the Intel 18A fabrication technology (1.8nm-class). The plan will enable clients of Arm and IFS to maximize performance, lower power consumption, and optimize die sizes of their upcoming SoCs involving Arm's IP. Under the agreement, Intel Foundry Services and Arm will co-optimize Arm's IP and Intel's 18A fabrication process to increase the performance, power, area, and cost advantages of the new node. The two companies will initially focus on mobile SoC designs, but may eventually expand their collaboration to automotive, aerospace, datacenter, Internet of Things, and government applications. As part of the pact, Arm and IFS will develop reference design and optimized process developers kits for mobile SoCs.
Citiraj:
The deal won’t see Intel’s Foundry Services division produce chipsets for ARM. Instead, it will make it easier for ARM licensees, including the likes of Qualcomm and MediaTek, to hire Intel to make chips in the future.
When it comes to Intel's 18A fabrication process, there are a lot of things that can be optimized on node and design level to extract more PPAC advantages out of the node. One of the key innovations of Intel 18A is usage of gate-all-around (GAA) transistors that Intel calls RibbonFET. In GAA transistors, the channels are horizontally oriented and completely enclosed by gates. These GAA channels are created through epitaxy and selective material removal, enabling designers to fine-tune them by altering the transistor channels' width to get higher performance or lower power consumption. If everything works well, such control allows them to reduce transistor leakage current and performance variability — this provides great opportunities for DTCO.
Izvor: Tom's Hardware
Staro 24.10.2023., 13:54   #67
The Exiled
McG
Moj komp

Citiraj:
nVidia and AMD are planning Arm-based CPUs for consumer PCs: Intel's shares tumbled following the news
Citiraj:
Forward-looking: An Arm revolution could be coming to the PC as soon as 2025. According to a new report, nVidia is planning to launch CPUs based on the architecture designed specifically to run Windows, while AMD also plans to go down the same route. It's concerning news for Intel, which saw its share price fall 5% on the back of the claims. Reuters' unnamed sources say that Nvidia, which already dominates the AI, HPC, and consumer graphics card industries, is expanding its portfolio to include Arm-based processors for client Windows PCs. AMD is also planning to make PC processors based on Arm's designs.

The report says that Microsoft is encouraging others to enter the Arm-based systems market once the current exclusivity deal it has with Qualcomm ends next year. In 2016, Microsoft chose the company to bring the full Windows experience to Arm-powered devices. "Microsoft learned from the 90s that they do not want to be dependent on Intel again, they do not want to be dependent on a single vendor," Jay Goldberg, chief executive of D2D Advisory, told Reuters. "If Arm really took off in PC (chips), they were never going to let Qualcomm be the sole supplier."

nVidia has plenty of experience with Arm-based processors. Its product stack includes the Grace-Hopper and Grace CPU Super Chips. There's also its Tegra SoC that powered tablets and phones and is still found in the Nintendo Switch and nVidia Shield. An early version of the Tegra was also used in Microsoft's first Surface tablet, the Surface RT, but the device never gained many fans and was discontinued a year later. AMD, meanwhile, uses Arm cores in products such as its Versal FPGAs. The company was even rumored to be working on an Arm-based Apple M1 rival back in 2020.
Izvor: TechSpot
Staro 25.10.2023., 20:10   #68
Sinac
...samo te gledam...
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Mar 2007
Ako će Nvidia upariti svoj GPU i AI dio s ARM jezgrom, mislim da će i AMD i Intel i Apple imati poštenog konkurenta.
Sinac je offline   Reply With Quote
Staro 26.10.2023., 09:13   #69
Mario92
Omicron Alpha resident
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Jun 2009
S obzirom kaj je Qualcomm najavil sa Elite X procevima, moglo bi biti prilično čupavo na tržištu u sljedećih godinu-dve.

Ak je istina kaj su najavili, ja ne vidim kak bu x86 preživel u laptopu u sljedećih 5 godina

Ryzen 7 5700G

AsRock B550 Pro4

HyperX Fury DDR4 3000MHz (4 x 16GB)

Kingston A2000 1TB NVMe

Intel 660p 1TB NVMe

Fortron Hexa 400W

Random PC case

Proxmox VE

95% of the world is retarded, I'm glad I am the 10%.
HP Elitebook 840 G7

Intel i5 10310U

Corsair Vengeance 2x16GB 3000MHz

SK Hynix P31 Gold 1TB

14" FHD IPS

Mario92 je offline   Reply With Quote
Staro 26.10.2023., 12:15   #70
BinaryJesus

Datum registracije: Feb 2021
Ak ne slože x86 virtualizaciju nitko to neće kupovati.
BinaryJesus je offline   Reply With Quote