Uređivanje
Staro 03.04.2019., 12:14   #5401
Manuel Calavera
Premium
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Jul 2012
Citiraj:
Autor Drug Brko Pregled postova
Pretpostavljamo onda da to bude i službeno predstavljanje i launch ili još jedan demo "evo samo što nije"? Nadam se ovo prvo
Epyc nam je uglavnom nebitan no svakako bi voljeli vidjeti konkurentnu GPU i taktove novog Ryzena.

Za ryzen i epyc bi trebao biti launch, odnosno predstavljanje pred sam launch (tipa izlazi za tjedan-dva, max mjesec dana). Znači sve živo bi se trebalo znati - modeli, taktovi, cijene itd. a za Navi bi trebalo biti samo prvo službeno predstavljanje (kao za ryzen u 1. mjesecu), a sam izlazak pitaj boga kada (do kraja god. vjerojatno)
Manuel Calavera je offline   Reply With Quote
Staro 03.04.2019., 12:37   #5402
The Exiled
McG
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Feb 2014
Ma taman da apsolutno ništa ne lansiraju, već zaspamaju medije PR materijalom - dobro bude, jer Intel i ionak već zadnje dvije godine trči ko kokoš bez glave po dvorištu.
The Exiled je online   Reply With Quote
Oglasni prostor
Oglas

Oglas
Staro 03.04.2019., 21:09   #5403
stef
Premium
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Aug 2004
Ak će predstavit negdje, logično da će biti na Computexu jer je to zadnja prilika prije jeseni, bar što se tiče velikih evenata. Availability ne mora biti taj dan.
stef je offline   Reply With Quote
Staro 03.04.2019., 21:18   #5404
The Exiled
McG
Moj komp

Ma je, ovo prije je bila zajebancija s moje strane, jer cijela stvar podsjeća na 28-core Xeon W čiler edišon, koji je pokazan na drž-ne daj, jer je sljedeći dan AMD službeno predstavil Threadripper 2990WX.

U svakom slučaju, izgleda da se AMD lagano priprema.
Staro 04.04.2019., 07:54   #5405
Manuel Calavera
Premium
Moj komp

Vidim i da im je dionica opet 29$, ovaj put vjerojatno da ostane tako (i na više), bez velikih padanja

GPU prodaja im je u ogromnom padu naspram prošle god. jer nema mininga

Citiraj:
AMD expects its first-quarter 2019 revenues to slip 12% sequentially and 24% on year due to seasonality and weakening graphics card shipments. Although the company launched its latest 7nm Radeon VII GPU in February, the product alone was still not sufficient to offset the sharp decline created by the dissipation of the cryptocurrency mining fad.
At the moment, AMD's profits from the GPU business is mainly contributed by demand from the datacenter market, while Google's new cloud stream gaming platform Stadia is also adopting AMD's GPUs for the system.
Staro 07.04.2019., 19:04   #5406
The Exiled
McG
Moj komp

TSMC makes progress on 5nm with complete infrastructure design and risk production
Citiraj:
TSMC has announced that it has completed infrastructure design on its 5nm process node that will leverage the company's second generation of extreme ultraviolet (EUV), as well as deep ultraviolet (DUV) lithography. TSMC's 5nm chips will be aimed at SoC designs, 5G mobile applications, AI, and high performance computing. TSMC has also completed development of its 5nm Design Rule Manual (DRM), SPICE model (simulation program with integrated circuit emphasis), and process design kits (PDK). The entirety of the 5nm design infrastructure is available for TSMC customers via TSMC Online. TSMC also notes it has chips in risk production with its alpha customers, which likely indicates volume production could ramp in 2020. That would align with TSMC's previous plans to hit 5nm by 2020 and 3nm by 2022. Their 5 nm node continues to use bulk silicon FinFET transistors. Leveraging their experience from 7nm+, 5nm is expected to utilize EUV for more critical layers in order to reduce the multi-patterning complexity. The 5nm node is expected to deliver a 15% improvement in performance at constant power or a 20% reduction in power at constant performance. TSMC is targeting both low-power mobile and high-performance compute with this node.
Why AMD EPYC Rome 2P will have 128-160 PCIe Gen4 lanes and a bonus
Citiraj:
With AMD EPYC “Rome”, there are two I/O die with x86 cores that hang off the I/O die. When we look externally, AMD has a set number of pins that need to carry data to and from the socket. That includes pins for eight memory channels along with eight x16 links. We are going to leave the memory channels alone, and discuss the x16 links. With AMD EPYC 7002 or “Rome” already has PCIe Gen4 support announced, while the 2nd Gen Intel Xeon Scalable CPUs still use 14nm and Intel’s PCIe Gen3 IP. In a single socket, that means that AMD EPYC Rome will have 128 PCIe lanes using eight x16 links for PCIe. We expect AMD will use the Rome generation to add another PCIe lane, making 129 PCIe lanes total, and we are going to discuss that in our “Bonus Lanes” section later. Unlike Intel’s PCH, AMD’s chips are designed to have all I/O on package. When looking at 1st and 2nd Gen Intel Xeon Scalable systems versus AMD EPYC, one has to remember that Intel systems include a Lewisburg PCH that uses power and adds cost. AMD had a goal of using flexible I/O and its Server Controller Hub (SCH) to remove the need for the PCH.
Izvor: TechSpot, TechPowerUp, WikiChip, RetiredEngineer i ServeTheHome
Staro 09.04.2019., 18:15   #5407
Omega 3

Datum registracije: Oct 2017
Koliko sam shvatio Zen 2 dizajn svaki taj čiplet sadrži do 8 jezgri? Hoće li modeli do 8 jezgri ići na 1 chiplet ili će raspodijeliti na 2? Pitam zbog latencija, ako bi išli na 1 chiplet onda bi latencije trebale biti vrlo niske između jezgri?
Omega 3 je offline   Reply With Quote
Staro 09.04.2019., 18:24   #5408
Manuel Calavera
Premium
Moj komp

8 core je prikazan kao 1 čip, no Škot je siguran da će 8 core biti 4 jezgre u jednom čipu, a 4 u drugome (vjerojatno zbog yieldova na novom nodeu), a 8 core čipovi vjerojatno za epyc i eventualno APU

Što se tiče latencija nema smisla uspoređivati sa postojećim zenovima jer je zen2 nešto posve drugo - ima I/O die, navodno postoje veze i između čipova sa jezgrama + navodno je infinity fabric duplo brži odnosno veći bandwidth

Uglavnom sve te brojke i teorija su nebitne, kad dođe gotov proizvod vidjet će se koliko je točno brži u konretnim stvarima
Staro 16.04.2019., 03:51   #5409
Blue Spirit
Premium
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Apr 2004
MSI Betrays AMD's Socket AM4 Longevity Promise: No Zen2 for 300-series?

MSI will support Zen 2 processors only on X470 amd B450 chipsets

Citiraj:
https://www.techpowerup.com/254634/m...for-300-series

Greedy motherboard vendors such as MSI want you to buy a new motherboard every two generations of processor for no sound reason at all.

MSI is reportedly blocking support for 3rd generation Ryzen "Matisse" processors on its AMD 300-series chipset motherboards, including those based on high-end AMD X370 and OC-capable B350 chipsets.

This would also put those who own $300 motherboards such as the X370 XPower out of luck. To recap, AMD announced on numerous occasions that it doesn't want to be a greedy clique like its competitor, by forcing motherboard upgrades and promised that socket AM4 motherboards will be backwards and forwards compatible with at least four generations of Ryzen processors, running all the way up to 2020.

This normally should mean that any 300-series motherboard must support 4th generation Ryzen processors with a simple BIOS update.

Most 300-series motherboards, including from MSI, even ship with USB BIOS Flashback feature to help with forwards compatibility.

Unfortunately, motherboard companies such as MSI care more about their bottom-lines than the consumer.
In a support e-mail to an X370 XPower Titanium owner, MSI confirmed that it will not extend Zen 2 support to AMD 300-series.
Other motherboard vendors could follow MSI's suit as a representative of another motherboard vendor, on condition of anonymity, told TechPowerUp that "Zen 2" processors have steeper electrical requirements that 300-series motherboards don't meet.
This is an excuse similar to the one Intel gave for the planned obsolescence of its 100-series and 200-series chipsets, even as it was repeatedly proven that those motherboards can run and overclock 9th generation processors with custom firmware just fine.
Would MSI care to explain whether a B450M PRO-M2 has a stronger VRM than an X370 XPower Titanium to warrant "Zen 2" support? Will all "Zen 2" processor SKUs have steep electrical requirements?
Will there not be any SKUs with double-digit-Watt TDP ratings?

COD 141.11.196.66:28960 || COD 141.11.196.66:28940 || COD 185.107.96.125:28977
Blue Spirit je offline   Reply With Quote
Staro 16.04.2019., 13:34   #5410
Tajl3r
Dobro je sve.
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Sep 2012
Sta sad triba isti rumor na 5 thredova razvlacit.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk
Tajl3r je offline   Reply With Quote
Oglasni prostor
Oglas

Oglas
Staro 16.04.2019., 20:50   #5411
Manuel Calavera
Premium
Moj komp

Očekivano je demantirano (tema o matičnim pločama)

Nego:

AMD 7nm chips for next-generation PlayStation to be ready in 3Q20

Ako je ovaj vremenski okvir Q3 točan (prije se spominjala 2020) - PS5 bi možda mogao imati zen 3 mikroarhitekturu na 7nm+ (od Navija ionako očekujem refresh u drugoj generaciji)
Staro 16.04.2019., 22:02   #5412
The Exiled
McG
Moj komp

U svakom slučaju, AMD za PS5 sprema čudovište i kroji ga prema Sonyjevim željama.
Staro 18.04.2019., 23:06   #5413
Manuel Calavera
Premium
Moj komp

Staro 20.04.2019., 10:30   #5414
Manuel Calavera
Premium
Moj komp

Što se tiče APU-a izgleda da se događa ono što se već spominjalo kao opcija - 3xxx series apu je current gen (zen+, 12nm i vega)

klik

APU sa zen2 i Navi očito onda neće još godinu dana (4xxx series apu). Uglavnom potvrđuje se da je APU uvijek jedna generacija iza običnih ryzena - prve generacija APU-a je došla dosta kasnije, (uoči zen+) sad tek izlazi zen+ uoči zen2 cpu itd.