Lozinka

Odgovori

Uređivanje
Staro 02.10.2018., 02:04   #1
Blue Spirit
Premium
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Apr 2004
(tutorial) Gigabyte AM2 problem s instalacijom Win 10 putem USB-a i Nvidia driveri

PROBLEM:

Solving the dreaded Gigabyte "Won't boot from USB" problem
As mentioned in this post, I just did a fresh install of Ubuntu 10.04 "Maverick Meerkat". I mentioned two fairly major problems I had with the Ubuntu installer in that post. I also had another problem, but this one isn't Ubuntu related.
I had chosen to install from a USB key, but what I had forgotten is that the motherboard in the PC is a Gigabyte motherboard, and it doesn't like booting from USB. This is a common problem with Gigabyte motherboards - just Google for Gigabyte and "boot from USB", and you'll see many variations of "can't boot from USB", "won't boot from USB", "unable to boot from USB", etc, etc. What happens is that the motherboard just completely ignores the USB key; effectively, it's like it isn't there.

Unfortunately, there isn't a solution to be found in any of those posts. Or at least I ran out of patience before I found one, although it's clear that the problem is to some extent USB drive dependent - Gigabyte motherboards seem to like some drives, others not. So rather than continue to go through endless posts that don't offer solutions, I started playing around. What I found was:

• With any other drive in the machine, even if the boot from the drive was disabled in BIOS, the Gigabyte motherboard would still ignore the USB key and boot from the other drive;
  • With all other drives physically unplugged, boot would fail with a "Insert boot disk and press enter" message. The light on the USB key didn't even flicker at any point in the process, indicating that the USB key wasn't even being seen;
  • However, that was where things got interesting. What I found was that if I then unplugged the USB key, and plugged it in again, then pressed enter, the USB key was recognized, and the machine booted.
Now this is a step in the right direction. If you don't have any other bootable drives in the machine, then you can just follow that procedure. Problem is what if you do have other drives in the machine? In my case, the intention was to install Ubuntu on a dual booted drive, so having a bootable drive in the machine was required, and the there wasn't any way to get to the "Insert boot disk" prompt - the machine just booted from the drive I wanted to install Ubuntu to.

Solution:

Solution:

The Solution

Thinking about this, the USB key only being recognized if it was unplugged and then plugged in again suggests that somehow, if the USB key is inserted at the time the machine is powered up, the motherboard gets into a mode where it doesn't recognize the key and it gets ignored until a operating system driver starts up. But later in the boot cycle, the motherboard does seem to be able to recognize it. So what I did was simple:
  1. I started the machine with the USB key unplugged;
  2. Once the machine had got through the first parts of its boot sequence, I plugged the key in, then hit the F12 key to bring up the boot menu. And on the third try, there the USB key was, on the list of hard drives. And it booted fine!
Two thing to note here - what I found worked, for me anyway, was to plug the USB key in just after the BIOS displayed the list of PCI devices, and just as it gave its "Verifying DMI pool" message. Secondly, note that the USB key appears on the list of hard drives.

Now I must admit, plugging the USB key in during the boot sequence is neither elegant or reliable - you'll probably have to try it a few times - but it worked for me.

Comments from people

RaZ November 26, 2010 at 4:56 AM
God, thanks for your tip. Gigabyte motherboards are a huge pain in the ass for USB boot. I can't believe that in 2010 we are reduced to plug our usb keys ata certain time for them to work.

Lucas McDermott-Freeman May 11, 2018 at 7:17 PM
It's now 2018 and im dealing with exact issue for win 10 recovery.. = |

Lucas McDermott-FreemanMay 11, 2018 at 7:17 PM

Chris February 4, 2011 at 10:23 PM
Anyone else looking for a solution to this I found that with an F8 bios update I could not boot from a USB stick, when I down graded to F6 I could. NFI why...just telling that it works.

Ferda April 22, 2011 at 12:42 PM
I can recommend GA-EP35-DS4. Gigabyte, but no problems with booting. Or maybe it was becasue I used unetbootin instead of manually syslinuxing the USB stick.

rtalcott December 14, 2011 at 1:19 PM
I have 4 ma785gm-us2h boards...all booted from usb until I upgraded 3 to the F12A BIOS so I could use a few more cpu's...the 3 upgraded boards lost their ability to boot via usb the one board that I did not upgrade will boot from the same usb that the other three will not.

'DASHING' SINGH March 11, 2012 at 11:40 AM
yeah i too was searching for the options that where will it show the 'USB' option in the boot menu!!
But later I noticed that there is '+' symbol in the front of 'HDD' ( the first option. selecting whic Menu expands and there bingo! here is your USB disk and HDD.
Though i updates the bios to next version too.
Somehow..this article helped..ha ha
Thanks!

SOFTLIVRE SOFTLIVRE consultoria e treinamento October 27, 2017 at 10:51 PM
Combining this post and THIS reply, i finally got it to install win10 under GA-G31M-ES2L
TKS SO MUCH!!!!!!!

GuruOctober 28, 2017 at 3:11 PM
Wow. Very un-intuitive. F*ck you Gigabyte! Thanks SashingSingh.

Unknown March 14, 2018 at 11:44 AM
+1 for this
Found it under HDD menu (above the boot order in Advanced Bios Settings)

Anonymous May 14, 2012 at 5:08 PM
Thank you. Your solution worked perfectly on the first try. I am not sure, but I think that the Gigabyte motherboards have trouble seeing MBR usb drives. I only had OS X installed on my machine since I built it and never had any trouble loading the GUID usb drive installers. This is just a theory based on my experience. I may be wrong.

Anonymous September 12, 2012 at 2:45 PM
[SOLVED] Here is how I got around this problem. My particular motherboard is Gigabyte GA-E350N.
It would refuse to recognize/boot any of otherwise perfectly working USB images.
The method that ALWAYS works for me is to use SanDisk Cruzer Fit USB stick. I have tried 5 different sticks and only the SanDisk works flawlessly. I don't have to insert it at any particular time of BIOS boot sequence either. It will be recognized after you power-on the machine all the way through the boot. I used unetbootin to create the image.
Good luck.

Alexys Hegmann November 29, 2012 at 9:41 PM
DASHING SINGH, you're my hero!!! I thought that the + meant "default option" xD

asteria syros January 24, 2013 at 2:47 PM
what a pain....i was trying and trying and it was so simple...
f12, then +hard drive
and there you select your usb...

Anonymous February 15, 2013 at 10:52 PM
thanks for the tips

idude February 22, 2013 at 10:37 AM
You were right about everything you said. Thank you for posting this, I sure wouldn't have figured that out on my own. Not my problem is the usb apparently doesn't have drivers on it. If is was easy to do this stuff then it wouldn't be fun!

Saurav March 13, 2013 at 9:19 AM
Hi what to do if even when you press the + next to the hard disk sign you don't get the USB key ?

Daniel Runebjörk January 11, 2014 at 9:01 AM
Great advice! Worked on my first attempt, had been rebooting for hours until I found this solution! Thanks once again!

kurt ragnallApril 5, 2014 at 1:57 PM
if your still having issues with booting from pen drive i have a solution use a nackered windows disc to boot from cd then remove b4 installing windows so it cant try the disc it should auto select flash drive n get files from flash drive worked for me

Anderson Cardoso June 5, 2014 at 12:07 PM
hi.
Another solution is, using the "rufus software" to create a usb boot. (http://rufus.akeo.ie/)
In the advanced tab (clicking in "format options), select the option: "ADD FIXES FOR OLD BIOSes (extra partition, align, etc.)
Work great for me.

Jeff September 28, 2014 at 2:03 PM
Blogger Anderson your "rufus software" solutin worked for me! Thanks!

Unknown November 5, 2014 at 5:36 PM
Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2P trying the Rufus advanced for older bios. none of the others worked. not evern sandisk. so been usind DVD-RW for all test OS's Windows 10 v9860 latest. Rufus is last hope.

Unknown November 6, 2014 at 7:05 AM
Did not work, Nothing fixes my Gigabyte, so still use CD-DVD-RW
Rufus -= advanced = NO, slip or reset, it sees but s till every time the can not read, stick in a better mobo and works perfect so not my work, it is the GigaByte

Eric Layne November 15, 2014 at 6:50 AM
'DASHING' SINGH's solution worked for me. Just plug in the usb before powering on, then hold down F12. When the boot menu appears, highlight the option that says "HDD" with a plus sign next to it and press enter. A new boot menu will appear with the usb as an option. Simple! Thank you Dashing Singh.

Unknown November 15, 2014 at 10:18 AM
yep that part works, it does show +HDD, then yes it does see the USB. but No it never boots, it sets and sets and spins and never boots, tested on Win7, Win 8, Win9 and Win 10.
and the USBS all boot to different systems.

Anonymous February 25, 2015 at 10:28 PM
Hey, it worked for the ga-k8nf-9 like Eric Layne said. Thank you Eric and Dashing Singh. +HDD was the solution.

mugge March 6, 2015 at 4:32 AM
THE solution for all boards won't boot from USB is using a CD-ROM bootloader: Create boot-CD with "Plop Boot Manager" http://www.plop.at/en/bootmanager/index.html, put in the USB-stick to boot from, boot from the Plop-CD and simply select "USB" in the Plop-Boot-Menu! The system now boots from the stick!

FabeNovember 5, 2017 at 3:39 PM
worked for me.....ty

Ferlief May 7, 2015 at 7:40 PM
I just brought the SanDisk Cruzer Fit USB stick to the top of boot sequence in bios. Saved and then it was fine. The menu in F12 didn't work for me. I have ga-78mlt-usb3, the bios is still a older version.

Unknown May 8, 2015 at 11:29 AM
I finally got my GA to use USB. my fix was REFLASH the BIOS with latest. same old one.. but FLASHEd anyway. now f12 - select +HDD and if the USB was inserted prior to BOOT - It will see an Boot from USB.

Alexandru July 27, 2015 at 11:14 AM
Thanks mate!
PLEASE BOLD "note that the USB key appears on the list of hard drives. "

djk80J uly 27, 2015 at 10:33 PM
************What worked for me is in the BIOS there is a setting that says "Wait for HDD power up" in seconds default is 0 - I changed it to the max of 15 and then plugged in my my USB on the bios splash screen and it finally showed up under HDD...This probably took me a solid 20 minutes of trying. I'm not sure if changing the power up setting in the bios was the deciding factor but it worked first try after that and I'm not rebooting again to find out. The setting is there in the bios. See if this works for you too.

Khurram Saadat November 16, 2015 at 10:41 AM
F12 then +hard drive then USB worked like a charm. Thanks Asteria.

Nik BNovember 29, 2015 at 10:53 PM
holy shit, thank you so much.

Jure Markota January 12, 2016 at 6:55 AM
hi guys,i'll try to help... i was able to boot on my g31m-es2l 2.4rev... this helped to me:
I rolled back to bios FH version...Take HDD(in my case SSD) and plug it to sata0 and put dvd drive into ide and set in bios to COMBINED. Able to load my hdd from another computer with win10 (That shit was ridiculous to me,how was that even possible xD) but i installed windows without any problems and it was pretty fast.
gigabyte mobs r pretty shitty,but this board is beast... hope this helps... cheers!

Dr Morbius March 23, 2016 at 9:39 PM
I was able to get my system to boot using the timing trick you described, but it was really hard to get the timing just right. That was when I realized that I have been using a USB keyboard. My Gigabyte MB also had a 'combo' PS/2 keyboard mouse port. When I plugged a PS/2 keyboard directly into that port, then I was able to boot off my USB device every time. I suspect that this is how Gigabyte did all of their testing. Anyway, Thanks for posting this! I hope my 'trick' helps...

SteveApril 29, 2016 at 8:14 PM
Ive found with my gigabyte board that if I have too many usb devices plugged in, even ones not active, it won't find the flash drive. I unplug everything but my keyboard and it usually finds it.

Gregory L. Magnusson May 19, 2016 at 11:56 AM
Hallejuallh. For a GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD3R F12 for the boot menu then choose +Hardrive and select your USB pendrive. No need to play with the timing. thanks people you are all awesome.

Unknown September 3, 2016 at 9:37 AM
Gigabyte PC's fail to recognize your USB because you didn't use the windows download tool to copy your iso from your PC to your USB. Go to wikihow you'll find steps to follow to turn your USB to a bootable USB etc etc I did it and I faced the same problem you are.

Rofhiwa Nyamande September 3, 2016 at 9:45 AM
After much confusion i got from this blog i did my own research and got the solution no pc/laptop will refuse this,Go to this link on how turn your USB to a bootable device, download the windows 7 USB/DVD download tool to use after following the instructions on that link

Rofhiwa Nyamande September 3, 2016 at 9:47 AM
Gigabyte PC's fail to recognize your USB because you didn't use the windows download tool to copy your iso from your PC to your USB. Go to wikihow you'll find steps to follow to turn your USB to a bootable USB etc etc I did it and I faced the same problem you are.

ra ker December 11, 2016 at 2:09 PM
I found an option on the bios under "integrated peripherals" called "usb storage function". After I turned it on then reset, I see the usb drive in the list of hard disks. With that option off, it isn't there.

Wee Sritippho February 12, 2018 at 10:33 AM
Works for my mother board too (g41m-combo). Thanks.

Dan Hackenberg February 19, 2017 at 5:20 AM
ra ker: Thanks, that worked (-;

Frédéric Delaporte February 25, 2017 at 2:44 PM
Finally got it to boot... Do not know what last thing has decided it to work: I have for the last try removed all other usb peripherals excepted the keyboard and re-written the stick with rufus https://rufus.akeo.ie/ and option to support old buggy bios (ntfs formatted).

Stephen Thomas March 14, 2017 at 1:35 AM
NTFS and Old bios setting in Rufus finally fixed it for me

KyserApril 4, 2017 at 3:28 PM
Rufus old bios worked for me!

Wai HungApril 4, 2017 at 9:30 PM
I have tried all of the above but didn't work. I finally got it work: Upgraded the BIOS to F21 and formatted the USB thumb drive with FAT32 and GUID Partition Map setting.

UnknownApril 22, 2017 at 9:14 AM
I folks,
thanks from France where i got stuck quite a while with my Gigabyte and Ubuntu on USB.
Was able to install after removing a USB mouse ; then the USB Key finally was available to boot.
Best regards to all posters.

Tom B September 7, 2017 at 10:43 PM
Thanks for the tip to press F12

David November 5, 2017 at 12:46 AM
from all the solutions stated here only formating with NTFS on Rufus worked for me. THANKS!!

Anyone else looking for a solution to this I found that with an F8 bios update I could not boot from a USB stick, when I down graded to F6 I could. NFI why...just telling that it works.

I can recommend GA-EP35-DS4. Gigabyte, but no problems with booting. Or maybe it was becasue I used unetbootin instead of manually syslinuxing the USB stick.
--- Ferda

I have 4 ma785gm-us2h boards...all booted from usb until I upgraded 3 to the F12A BIOS so I could use a few more cpu's...the 3 upgraded boards lost their ability to boot via usb the one board that I did not upgrade will boot from the same usb that the other three will not.

yeah i too was searching for the options that where will it show the 'USB' option in the boot menu!!
But later I noticed that there is '+' symbol in the front of 'HDD' ( the first option. selecting whic Menu expands and there bingo! here is your USB disk and HDD.
Thanks!

Combining this post and THIS reply, i finally got it to install win10 under GA-G31M-ES2L
TKS SO MUCH!!!!!!!

Guru October 28, 2017 at 3:11 PM

+1 for this

Thank you. Your solution worked perfectly on the first try. I am not sure, but I think that the Gigabyte motherboards have trouble seeing MBR usb drives. I only had OS X installed on my machine since I built it and never had any trouble loading the GUID usb drive installers. This is just a theory based on my experience. I may be wrong.

[SOLVED] Here is how I got around this problem. My particular motherboard is Gigabyte GA-E350N.
It would refuse to recognize/boot any of otherwise perfectly working USB images.
The method that ALWAYS works for me is to use SanDisk Cruzer Fit USB stick. I have tried 5 different sticks and only the SanDisk works flawlessly. I don't have to insert it at any particular time of BIOS boot sequence either. It will be recognized after you power-on the machine all the way through the boot. I used unetbootin to create the image.
Good luck.

f12, then +hard drive

AnonymousFebruary 15, 2013 at 10:52 PM
thanks for the tips

You were right about everything you said. Thank you for posting this, I sure wouldn't have figured that out on my own. Not my problem is the usb apparently doesn't have drivers on it. If is was easy to do this stuff then it wouldn't be fun!

Hi what to do if even when you press the + next to the hard disk sign you don't get the USB key ?

Great advice! Worked on my first attempt, had been rebooting for hours until I found this solution! Thanks once again!

kurt ragnall April 5, 2014 at 1:57 PM
if your still having issues with booting from pen drive i have a solution use a nackered windows disc to boot from cd then remove b4 installing windows so it cant try the disc it should auto select flash drive n get files from flash drive worked for me

Anderson CardosoJune 5, 2014 at 12:07 PM
hi.
Another solution is, using the "rufus software" to create a usb boot. (http://rufus.akeo.ie/)
In the advanced tab (clicking in "format options), select the option: "ADD FIXES FOR OLD BIOSes (extra partition, align, etc.)
Work great for me.

Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2P trying the Rufus advanced for older bios. none of the others worked. not evern sandisk. so been usind DVD-RW for all test OS's Windows 10 v9860 latest. Rufus is last hope.

Rufus -= advanced = NO, slip or reset, it sees but s till every time the can not read, stick in a better mobo and works perfect so not my work, it is the GigaByte

'DASHING' SINGH's solution worked for me. Just plug in the usb before powering on, then hold down F12. When the boot menu appears, highlight the option that says "HDD" with a plus sign next to it and press enter. A new boot menu will appear with the usb as an option. Simple! Thank you Dashing Singh.

yep that part works, it does show +HDD, then yes it does see the USB. but No it never boots, it sets and sets and spins and never boots, tested on Win7, Win 8, Win9 and Win 10.

Hey, it worked for the ga-k8nf-9 like Eric Layne said. Thank you Eric and Dashing Singh. +HDD was the solution.

THE solution for all boards won't boot from USB is using a CD-ROM bootloader: Create boot-CD with "Plop Boot Manager" http://www.plop.at/en/bootmanager/index.html, put in the USB-stick to boot from, boot from the Plop-CD and simply select "USB" in the Plop-Boot-Menu! The system now boots from the stick!

Fabe November 5, 2017 at 3:39 PM
worked for me.....ty

I just brought the SanDisk Cruzer Fit USB stick to the top of boot sequence in bios. Saved and then it was fine. The menu in F12 didn't work for me. I have ga-78mlt-usb3, the bios is still a older version.

I finally got my GA to use USB. my fix was REFLASH the BIOS with latest. same old one.. but FLASHEd anyway. now f12 - select +HDD and if the USB was inserted prior to BOOT - It will see an Boot from USB.

AlexandruJuly 27, 2015 at 11:14 AM
Thanks mate!

djk80July 27, 2015 at 10:33 PM
************What worked for me is in the BIOS there is a setting that says "Wait for HDD power up" in seconds default is 0 - I changed it to the max of 15 and then plugged in my my USB on the bios splash screen and it finally showed up under HDD...This probably took me a solid 20 minutes of trying. I'm not sure if changing the power up setting in the bios was the deciding factor but it worked first try after that and I'm not rebooting again to find out. The setting is there in the bios. See if this works for you too.

Jure MarkotaJanuary 12, 2016 at 6:55 AM
hi guys,i'll try to help... i was able to boot on my g31m-es2l 2.4rev... this helped to me:
I rolled back to bios FH version...Take HDD(in my case SSD) and plug it to sata0 and put dvd drive into ide and set in bios to COMBINED. Able to load my hdd from another computer with win10 (That shit was ridiculous to me,how was that even possible xD) but i installed windows without any problems and it was pretty fast.
gigabyte mobs r pretty shitty,but this board is beast... hope this helps... cheers!

I was able to get my system to boot using the timing trick you described, but it was really hard to get the timing just right. That was when I realized that I have been using a USB keyboard. My Gigabyte MB also had a 'combo' PS/2 keyboard mouse port. When I plugged a PS/2 keyboard directly into that port, then I was able to boot off my USB device every time. I suspect that this is how Gigabyte did all of their testing. Anyway, Thanks for posting this! I hope my 'trick' helps...

Steve April 29, 2016 at 8:14 PM
Ive found with my gigabyte board that if I have too many usb devices plugged in, even ones not active, it won't find the flash drive. I unplug everything but my keyboard and it usually finds it.

Hallejuallh. For a GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD3R F12 for the boot menu then choose +Hardrive and select your USB pendrive. No need to play with the timing. thanks people you are all awesome.

After much confusion i got from this blog i did my own research and got the solution no pc/laptop will refuse this,Go to this link on how turn your USB to a bootable device, download the windows 7 USB/DVD download tool to use after following the instructions on that link

I found an option on the bios under "integrated peripherals" called "usb storage function". After I turned it on then reset, I see the usb drive in the list of hard disks. With that option off, it isn't there.

Dan HackenbergFebruary 19, 2017 at 5:20 AM

Finally got it to boot... Do not know what last thing has decided it to work: I have for the last try removed all other usb peripherals excepted the keyboard and re-written the stick with rufus https://rufus.akeo.ie/ and option to support old buggy bios (ntfs formatted).

Kyser April 4, 2017 at 3:28 PM

Wai Hung April 4, 2017 at 9:30 PM
I have tried all of the above but didn't work. I finally got it work: Upgraded the BIOS to F21 and formatted the USB thumb drive with FAT32 and GUID Partition Map setting.

Unknown April 22, 2017 at 9:14 AM
I folks,
thanks from France where i got stuck quite a while with my Gigabyte and Ubuntu on USB.
Was able to install after removing a USB mouse ; then the USB Key finally was available to boot.

from all the solutions stated here only formating with NTFS on Rufus worked for me. THANKS!!

God, thanks for your tip. Gigabyte motherboards are a huge pain in the ass for USB boot. I can't believe that in 2010 we are reduced to plug our usb keys ata certain time for them to work.

Nažalost nisam ni stim uspio rješit problem.

Moje Rješenje: ...

Al sam se dosjetio moguceg rješenja pošto su se u tom racunalu nalazila 2 hard diska.

Drugi disk sam sa DISKPART om pripremio isto kao što i obicno pripremite USB stick za instalaciju Windowsa 7 ice i kopirao fajlove sa WINDOWS.ISO -a na drugi hard - ili isto to što Windows7-USB-DVD-Download-Tool pripremi USB stick i kopira instalaciju na USB.

Palim racunlo, stiscem F12 i odabirem drugi hardisk da se s njega buta racunalo i pokrece mi se instalacija Windowsa sa hardiska i usnimavam winse na prvi hardisk

Oni koji koriste integriranu Nvidiju sa Nforce chipseta , obicnu graficku serije 6 i 7 ili pak mobine verzije serije 6 i 7 koje se nalaze u laptopima trebat ce im i ovi drajveri sa ovog linka

https://ivanrf.com/en/nvidia-compati...th-windows-10/

WIN 10 drajveri za navedene graficke

GeForce 6 Series

GeForce 6100
GeForce 6100 nForce 400
GeForce 6100 nForce 405
GeForce 6100 nForce 410
GeForce 6100 nForce 420
GeForce 6100 nForce 430
GeForce 6150
GeForce 6150 LE
GeForce 6150LE / Quadro NVS 210S
GeForce 6150SE nForce 430

GeForce 6200
GeForce 6200 A-LE
GeForce 6200 LE
GeForce 6200 TurboCache
GeForce 6200SE TurboCache
GeForce 6250
GeForce 6500
GeForce 6600
GeForce 6600 GT
GeForce 6600 LE
GeForce 6600 VE

GeForce 6610 XL
GeForce 6700 XL
GeForce 6800
GeForce 6800 GS
GeForce 6800 GS/XT
GeForce 6800 GT
GeForce 6800 LE
GeForce 6800 Ultra
GeForce 6800 XE
GeForce 6800 XT

GeForce 7 Series

GeForce 7025 / nForce 630a
GeForce 7050 PV / nForce 630a
GeForce 7050 / nForce 610i
GeForce 7050 / nForce 620i
GeForce 7050 / nForce 630i
GeForce 7100 / nForce 630i
GeForce 7100 / nForce 620i
GeForce 7100 GS
GeForce 7150 / nForce 630i
GeForce 7300 SE / 7200 GS

GeForce 7300 LE
GeForce 7300 GS
GeForce 7300 GT
GeForce 7350 LE
GeForce 7500 LE
GeForce 7550 LE
GeForce 7600 LE
GeForce 7600 GS
GeForce 7600 GT
GeForce 7650 GS

GeForce 7800 GT
GeForce 7800 GS
GeForce 7800 GTX
GeForce 7800 SLI
GeForce 7900 GS
GeForce 7900 GT/GTO
GeForce 7900 GTX
GeForce 7950 GT
GeForce 7950 GX2

GeForce Go 6 Series (Notebooks)

GeForce Go 6100 / 6150
GeForce Go 6200

GeForce Go 6400
GeForce Go 6600

GeForce Go 6800

GeForce Go 7 Series (Notebooks)

GeForce 7000M / nForce 610M
GeForce 7150M / nForce 630M
GeForce Go 7200
GeForce Go 7300
GeForce Go 7400
-->
Ako kome treba rješenje da ne gubi vrijeme

Problem je sa vecinom Gigabyte plocama iz tog AM2 socket vremenskog razdoblja

Citiraj:
the PC is a Gigabyte motherboard, and it doesn't like booting from USB. This is a common problem with Gigabyte motherboards -
just Google for Gigabyte and "boot from USB", and you'll see many variations of "can't boot from USB", "won't boot from USB", "unable to boot from USB", etc, etc.
What happens is that the motherboard just completely ignores the USB key; effectively, it's like it isn't there
Ploca ocita USB, nakon toga na 1 sekundu pokrene instalaciju Windows i ne mrda.

Cim pocne ocitavat USB prikaze plavi prozor ali ne prikaze kruzic koji se okrece i stoji tako nepomicno u nedogled.

Probao sam rješenja sa ove stranice , također i flešao zadnji bios i nije ništa pomoglo.

Kod drugog prijatelja isto gigabyte ploca ali nije nforce ali isto za AM2 socket i ista stvar

Solving the dreaded Gigabyte "Won't boot from USB" problem http://chromasoft.blogspot.com/2010/...boot-from.html

u slucaju da stranica nestane kopirao sam tekst u spoiler

Problem:

PROBLEM:

Solving the dreaded Gigabyte "Won't boot from USB" problem
As mentioned in this post, I just did a fresh install of Ubuntu 10.04 "Maverick Meerkat". I mentioned two fairly major problems I had with the Ubuntu installer in that post. I also had another problem, but this one isn't Ubuntu related.
I had chosen to install from a USB key, but what I had forgotten is that the motherboard in the PC is a Gigabyte motherboard, and it doesn't like booting from USB. This is a common problem with Gigabyte motherboards - just Google for Gigabyte and "boot from USB", and you'll see many variations of "can't boot from USB", "won't boot from USB", "unable to boot from USB", etc, etc. What happens is that the motherboard just completely ignores the USB key; effectively, it's like it isn't there.

Unfortunately, there isn't a solution to be found in any of those posts. Or at least I ran out of patience before I found one, although it's clear that the problem is to some extent USB drive dependent - Gigabyte motherboards seem to like some drives, others not. So rather than continue to go through endless posts that don't offer solutions, I started playing around. What I found was:

• With any other drive in the machine, even if the boot from the drive was disabled in BIOS, the Gigabyte motherboard would still ignore the USB key and boot from the other drive;
  • With all other drives physically unplugged, boot would fail with a "Insert boot disk and press enter" message. The light on the USB key didn't even flicker at any point in the process, indicating that the USB key wasn't even being seen;
  • However, that was where things got interesting. What I found was that if I then unplugged the USB key, and plugged it in again, then pressed enter, the USB key was recognized, and the machine booted.
Now this is a step in the right direction. If you don't have any other bootable drives in the machine, then you can just follow that procedure. Problem is what if you do have other drives in the machine? In my case, the intention was to install Ubuntu on a dual booted drive, so having a bootable drive in the machine was required, and the there wasn't any way to get to the "Insert boot disk" prompt - the machine just booted from the drive I wanted to install Ubuntu to.

Solution:

Solution:

The Solution

Thinking about this, the USB key only being recognized if it was unplugged and then plugged in again suggests that somehow, if the USB key is inserted at the time the machine is powered up, the motherboard gets into a mode where it doesn't recognize the key and it gets ignored until a operating system driver starts up. But later in the boot cycle, the motherboard does seem to be able to recognize it. So what I did was simple:
  1. I started the machine with the USB key unplugged;
  2. Once the machine had got through the first parts of its boot sequence, I plugged the key in, then hit the F12 key to bring up the boot menu. And on the third try, there the USB key was, on the list of hard drives. And it booted fine!
Two thing to note here - what I found worked, for me anyway, was to plug the USB key in just after the BIOS displayed the list of PCI devices, and just as it gave its "Verifying DMI pool" message. Secondly, note that the USB key appears on the list of hard drives.

Now I must admit, plugging the USB key in during the boot sequence is neither elegant or reliable - you'll probably have to try it a few times - but it worked for me.

Comments from people

Lucas McDermott-Freeman May 11, 2018 at 7:17 PM

Lucas McDermott-FreemanMay 11, 2018 at 7:17 PM

Thanks!

TKS SO MUCH!!!!!!!

GuruOctober 28, 2017 at 3:11 PM

+1 for this

Good luck.

f12, then +hard drive

Anonymous February 15, 2013 at 10:52 PM
thanks for the tips

kurt ragnallApril 5, 2014 at 1:57 PM

Anderson Cardoso June 5, 2014 at 12:07 PM
hi.
Work great for me.

FabeNovember 5, 2017 at 3:39 PM
worked for me.....ty

Alexandru July 27, 2015 at 11:14 AM
Thanks mate!

djk80J uly 27, 2015 at 10:33 PM

Jure Markota January 12, 2016 at 6:55 AM

SteveApril 29, 2016 at 8:14 PM

Dan Hackenberg February 19, 2017 at 5:20 AM

KyserApril 4, 2017 at 3:28 PM

Wai HungApril 4, 2017 at 9:30 PM

UnknownApril 22, 2017 at 9:14 AM
I folks,

--- Ferda

Thanks!

TKS SO MUCH!!!!!!!

Guru October 28, 2017 at 3:11 PM

+1 for this

Good luck.

f12, then +hard drive

AnonymousFebruary 15, 2013 at 10:52 PM
thanks for the tips

kurt ragnall April 5, 2014 at 1:57 PM

Anderson CardosoJune 5, 2014 at 12:07 PM
hi.
Work great for me.

Fabe November 5, 2017 at 3:39 PM
worked for me.....ty

AlexandruJuly 27, 2015 at 11:14 AM
Thanks mate!

djk80July 27, 2015 at 10:33 PM

Jure MarkotaJanuary 12, 2016 at 6:55 AM

Steve April 29, 2016 at 8:14 PM

Dan HackenbergFebruary 19, 2017 at 5:20 AM

Kyser April 4, 2017 at 3:28 PM

Wai Hung April 4, 2017 at 9:30 PM

Unknown April 22, 2017 at 9:14 AM
I folks,

Nažalost nisam ni stim uspio rješit problem.

Moje Rješenje: ...

Al sam se dosjetio moguceg rješenja pošto su se u tom racunalu nalazila 2 hard diska.

Drugi disk sam sa DISKPART om pripremio isto kao što i obicno pripremite USB stick za instalaciju Windowsa 7 ice i kopirao fajlove sa WINDOWS.ISO -a na drugi hard - ili isto to što Windows7-USB-DVD-Download-Tool pripremi USB stick i kopira instalaciju na USB.

Palim racunlo, stiscem F12 i odabirem drugi hardisk da se s njega buta racunalo i pokrece mi se instalacija Windowsa sa hardiska i usnimavam winse na prvi hardisk

Oni koji koriste integriranu Nvidiju sa Nforce chipseta , obicnu graficku serije 6 i 7 ili pak mobine verzije serije 6 i 7 koje se nalaze u laptopima trebat ce im i ovi drajveri sa ovog linka

https://ivanrf.com/en/nvidia-compati...th-windows-10/

WIN 10 drajveri za navedene graficke

GeForce 6 Series

GeForce 6100
GeForce 6100 nForce 400
GeForce 6100 nForce 405
GeForce 6100 nForce 410
GeForce 6100 nForce 420
GeForce 6100 nForce 430
GeForce 6150
GeForce 6150 LE
GeForce 6150LE / Quadro NVS 210S
GeForce 6150SE nForce 430

GeForce 6200
GeForce 6200 A-LE
GeForce 6200 LE
GeForce 6200 TurboCache
GeForce 6200SE TurboCache
GeForce 6250
GeForce 6500
GeForce 6600
GeForce 6600 GT
GeForce 6600 LE
GeForce 6600 VE

GeForce 6610 XL
GeForce 6700 XL
GeForce 6800
GeForce 6800 GS
GeForce 6800 GS/XT
GeForce 6800 GT
GeForce 6800 LE
GeForce 6800 Ultra
GeForce 6800 XE
GeForce 6800 XT

GeForce 7 Series

GeForce 7025 / nForce 630a
GeForce 7050 PV / nForce 630a
GeForce 7050 / nForce 610i
GeForce 7050 / nForce 620i
GeForce 7050 / nForce 630i
GeForce 7100 / nForce 630i
GeForce 7100 / nForce 620i
GeForce 7100 GS
GeForce 7150 / nForce 630i
GeForce 7300 SE / 7200 GS

GeForce 7300 LE
GeForce 7300 GS
GeForce 7300 GT
GeForce 7350 LE
GeForce 7500 LE
GeForce 7550 LE
GeForce 7600 LE
GeForce 7600 GS
GeForce 7600 GT
GeForce 7650 GS

GeForce 7800 GT
GeForce 7800 GS
GeForce 7800 GTX
GeForce 7800 SLI
GeForce 7900 GS
GeForce 7900 GT/GTO
GeForce 7900 GTX
GeForce 7950 GT
GeForce 7950 GX2

GeForce Go 6 Series (Notebooks)

GeForce Go 6100 / 6150
GeForce Go 6200

GeForce Go 6400
GeForce Go 6600

GeForce Go 6800

GeForce Go 7 Series (Notebooks)

GeForce 7000M / nForce 610M
GeForce 7150M / nForce 630M
GeForce Go 7200
GeForce Go 7300
GeForce Go 7400

COD 141.11.196.66:28960 || COD 141.11.196.66:28940 || COD 185.107.96.125:28977

Zadnje izmijenjeno od: Blue Spirit. 02.10.2018. u 02:54.
Blue Spirit je offline   Reply With Quote
Oglas

Oglas
Oglasni prostor

Odgovori

Pravila postanja
Vi ne možete otvarati nove teme
Vi ne možete pisati odgovore
Vi ne možete uploadati priloge
Vi ne možete uređivati svoje poruke

BB code je Uključeno
Smajlići su Uključeno