Odgovori

Uređivanje
Staro 24.07.2006., 12:37   #1
Mailman
Premium

Datum registracije: Nov 2001
AMD and ATI to Create Processing Powerhouse

Citiraj:
NEW YORK -- July 24, 2006 --AMD (NYSE: AMD) and ATI (TSX: ATY, NASDAQ: ATYT) today announced plans to join forces in a transaction valued at approximately $5.4 billion. The combination will create a processing powerhouse by bringing AMD’s technology leadership in microprocessors together with ATI’s strengths in graphics, chipsets and consumer electronics.
Under the terms of the transaction, AMD will acquire all of the outstanding common shares of ATI for a combination of $4.2 billion in cash and 57 million shares of AMD common stock, based on the number of shares of ATI common stock outstanding on July 21, 2006. All outstanding options and RSUs of ATI will be assumed. Based upon the closing price of AMD common stock on July 21, 2006 of $18.26 a share, the consideration for each outstanding share of ATI common stock would be $20.47, comprised of $16.40 of cash and 0.2229 shares of AMD common stock.

AMD anticipates it will finance the cash portion of the transaction with a combination of cash and new debt. AMD has obtained a $2.5 billion term loan commitment from Morgan Stanley Senior Funding, Inc. which, together with combined existing cash, cash equivalents, and short term investments balances of approximately $3.0 billion, provides full funding for the transaction.

ATI has received an opinion from its financial advisors that the transaction from a financial point of view is fair to its shareholders. The transaction was unanimously approved by the board of directors of each company. The transaction is subject to ATI shareholder approval, Canadian court supervision of a Plan of Arrangement, and other regulatory approvals including merger notification filings in the United States, Canada and other jurisdictions, as well as customary closing conditions. In the event that the transaction does not close, ATI has agreed to pay AMD a termination fee of $162.0 million under circumstances specified in the acquisition agreement. The transaction is expected to be completed in the fourth quarter of 2006.
http://www.amd.com/us-en/Corporate/V...110899,00.html

nije još vijest na naslovnici pce-a ali eto....
Mailman je offline   Reply With Quote
Staro 24.07.2006., 17:47   #2
stef
Premium
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Aug 2004
Citiraj:
IN A SHOCK TO no one, a few days ago, ATI had its chipset bus licence pulled, or at least not renewed by Intel. I guess that means that AMD won't be making many chipsets for Intel in a year or so
.... znači, za ozbiljno je
stef je offline   Reply With Quote
Oglasni prostor
Oglas

Oglas
Staro 24.07.2006., 21:37   #3
LAcy
Pink Floyd fan
Moj komp

Zanimljivo doista... kao sto je BOL napisao, sto ce biti sa chipsetima od nVidia-e? Valjda u AMD-u znaju sto rade...

Gigabyte Z170MX-Gaming 5 LGA1151
Core i7-6700K LGA1151 Skylake
Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT
Patriot Viper 4 Series DDR4 64GB (4 x 16GB) 3200MHz
RTX 2080 TI 11GB GDDR6
Samsung 850 EVO M.2 1TB SSD
Samsung 32" (2560x1440) CHG70 Gaming Monitor with Quantum Dot
MacBook M1 Pro
MacBook Air M2
Moto Edge

LAcy je offline   Reply With Quote
Staro 25.07.2006., 13:01   #4
Mailman
Premium

nakon završetka transakcije nećemo više kupovati ATIjeve grafičke kartice nego AMDove ...
Mailman je offline   Reply With Quote
Staro 25.07.2006., 13:12   #5
LAcy
Pink Floyd fan
Moj komp

Hmmmm i maticne ploce sa AMD chipsetima, hej pa to mozda i nije tako lose!
Vec dosta traje kuknjava da AMD nema vlastiti chipset i do NF smo bili osudjeni na VIA. Mozda je i to jedan od razloga kupovine.

Gigabyte Z170MX-Gaming 5 LGA1151
Core i7-6700K LGA1151 Skylake
Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT
Patriot Viper 4 Series DDR4 64GB (4 x 16GB) 3200MHz
RTX 2080 TI 11GB GDDR6
Samsung 850 EVO M.2 1TB SSD
Samsung 32" (2560x1440) CHG70 Gaming Monitor with Quantum Dot
MacBook M1 Pro
MacBook Air M2
Moto Edge

LAcy je offline   Reply With Quote
Oglasni prostor