Lozinka

Odgovori

Uređivanje
Staro 13.08.2020., 17:26   #91
Manuel Calavera
Premium
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Jul 2012
Nebih se ni najmanje začudio da xe bude bolja od vega, jer vidim AMD planira još jednom vegu refreshat i za zen3 apu (ryzen 5000)
Manuel Calavera je offline   Reply With Quote
Staro 13.08.2020., 17:39   #92
The Exiled
McG
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Feb 2014
Bude, to nije upitno, ali taj Xe iGPU je jedino kaj nije upitno. Mislim, cijela firma je u situaciji kakvoj je i onda ne pokažu ništa, umjesto da sve vrišti od konkretnog hardvera. Evo, primjera radi. Tiger Lake + Xe iGPU stiže za tri tjedna i to je već gotov proizvod, pa čak ni to nisu htjeli pokazati u nekoj situaciji. Ne kužim u čemu je problem, pa sad im je najbolja prilika da pokažu konkretan napredak koji toliko ističu. Cijela ona prezentacija djeluje užasno sterilno, sve po špranci. Tiger Lake je trenutni odgovor na AMD Zen 2 Renoir APU SoC, a fora je u tome da kad se Tiger Lake udomaći, onda već lagano stiže mobilni Ryzen 5000 Zen 3 APU SoC i OK, iGPU bude i dalje varijacija na Vega temu, ali lako za to - nije ni to neka tragedija. Kak god se okrene, Intel je bar jednu generaciju iza.

Zadnje izmijenjeno od: The Exiled. 13.08.2020. u 17:46.
The Exiled je offline   Reply With Quote
Oglasni prostor
Oglas

Oglas
Staro 26.10.2020., 12:01   #93
The Exiled
McG
Moj komp

Raja Koduri to present at Samsung Foundry Forum amid Intel's outsourcing efforts
Citiraj:
Intel has a contract to develop an exascale supercomputer at Argonne National Laboratory, called Aurora. That supercomputer is using Intel's CPUs and the company's upcoming Xe GPUs. Since the company has problems with manufacturing and has to deliver the products (it is bound by several contracts) to its contractors and customers, it decided to look at external manufacturers for its products, specifically Xe graphics. Being that Mr. Koduri tweeted an image of him visiting Samsung Giheung Fab in Korea, and now presenting at the Samsung Foundry event, it is possible that Intel will tap Samsung's semiconductor manufacturing process for its Xe GPU efforts and that Samsung will be the contractor in charge.
Izvor: TechPowerUp
I nakon Samsunga, gospodin Rađa Maharadža ide u posjet Đuri Đakoviću i 3. Maju, tako da uz TSMC i Samsung imaju još dodatnog kadra za sve kaj nisu u stanju sami proizvesti.
Staro 31.10.2020., 21:21   #94
The Exiled
McG
Moj komp

Citiraj:
Intel isn’t seriously positioning Xe MAX as a gaming solution – in fact I’m a little hesitant to even attach the word “graphics” to Xe MAX, since Intel’s ideal use cases don’t involve traditional rendering tasks. Instead, intel is primarily pitching Xe MAX as an upgrade option for mobile content creation; an additional processor to help with video encoding and other tasks that leverage GPU-accelerated computing. This would be things like Handbrake, Topaz’s Gigapixel AI image upsampling software, and other such productivity/creation tasks. At any rate, as an entry-level solution Xe MAX is being setup to compete with NVIDIA’s last-generation entry-level solution, the MX350. Competing with the MX350 is a decidedly unglamorous task for Intel’s first discrete graphics accelerator, but it’s an accurate reflection of Xe MAX’s performance capabilities as an entry-level part, as well as a ripe target since MX350 is based on last-generation nVidia technology.
Izvor: AnandTech
Staro 18.11.2020., 14:37   #95
The Exiled
McG
Moj komp

Intel Xe-HP GPU deployed for Aurora exascale development
Citiraj:
At SC20, Intel announced that it is making its Xe-HP high performance discrete GPUs available to early access developers. Notably, the new chips have been deployed at Argonne National Laboratory, and will serve as a transitional development vehicle for the future Aurora supercomputer, subbing in for the delayed Intel  Xe-HPC (“Ponte Vecchio”) GPUs that are the computational backbone of the system. The schedule and exact design of the Xe-HPC GPUs is still unclear, but after announcing a one-year delay due to a defect mode in the 7nm process, Intel has now committed to deploying Aurora in 2022. A previous incarnation of Aurora was originally to be deployed in 2018, but that project was recast in 2017 as the nation’s first exascale machine with a 2021 target. At Intel Architecture Day in August, the company said the Xe-HPC GPU would be manufactured using 10nm SuperFin for the base tile, with 10nm Enhanced SuperFin for the Rambo Cache tile, but the company has not disclosed the process node for the compute tile, which will use either an Intel Next Gen process or go through an external fab.
Izvor: HPCwire
Staro 18.11.2020., 22:01   #96
Exomaniac
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Mar 2016
Kako se čini ovim tempom Intel novih, stvarno novih proizvoda neće imati do negdje 2023., ili 2024.

U 2.5 godine mandata ovog financijaša na čelu Intela doslovno nije napravljeno ništa, 10nm je praktički neupotrebljiv, no dobro, to nije primarno njegova krivica, 7nm je već druga priča, na razvoj toga je mogao dobrano utjecati. A 7nm kako je već kasnio dosad, mogao bi on skliznuti i s late 2022. na late 2023.

Al tako se to događa kad firme vode nekakvi tulipani s MBA diplomama umjesto inženjera i ljudi iz struke koji točno razumiju problematiku, izazove i načine na koje bi se problemi mogli riješiti.

Dugoročno ovo nije nimalo dobra slika za Intel, i to nikako nije dobro za kupce i za tržište, sad će i AMD jednostavno početi primjenjivati istu tehniku koji je primjenjivao Intel dok je AMD bio na dnu. U server segmentima rastu akceleratori, kao i ARM procesori, koje sad koriste najsnažnija superračunala na svijetu, a jedan veliki komad x86 posla počinje odgrizati i Apple koji je sa svojim M1 pokazao da su njihovi inženjeri itekako sposobni napraviti ARM procesor koji konkurira snagom u low power uređajima, a efikasnošću ih doslovno ubija. Još ćemo vidjeti što će spremiti A14T koji bi trebao biti još dosta jači nego je M1 za iMacu.

Naravno, to sad nije toliki udarac, ali ovo su prvi koraci gdje bi se moglo pojavljivati sve više inačica programa koji nativno podržavaju ARM uz x86, a kad se to malo raširi onda Apple može u potpunosti izgurati Intel i x86 iz svojih proizvoda.

Nvidia je kupila ARM tako da Nvidia sad kontrolira najvećeg konkurenta x86 procesorima. Da, ima određenih problema s Ampere karticama, ali gledajući veliku sliku i korporaciju kao takvu oni su u jako dobroj poziciji. Da je ovo partija Rizika, na Intelovom mjestu bi se trebao nadati nekoj kombinaciji kartica za ekstra trupe da se može povratiti područja, ali trenutno nikako ne izgleda dobro.
Exomaniac je offline   Reply With Quote
Staro 27.11.2020., 12:43   #97
The Exiled
McG
Moj komp

Nastavno na Intelove trenutne i po svemu sudeći - buduće nedaće.
Citiraj:
TSMC's 3nm factory structure construction complete
Citiraj:
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. has completed the construction of its latest semiconductor fabrication plant in central Taiwan. On Tuesday the firm held a traditional topping-out ceremony at the factory location, in Tainan's Southern Taiwan Science Park. The plant sits on 35 hectares of land and boasts over 160,000 square meters of cleanroom area – approximately equivalent to 22 football pitches. Now the factory buildings are complete, TSMC has to prepare the factory and it will be completing this next stage and moving in the necessary production equipment over the next 12 to 18 months. This isn't a trivial stage, with the cleanrooms needed to maintain "extremely low levels of particulates, such as dust, airborne organisms, or vaporized particles," notes Taiwan News.

At the topping off ceremony TSMC chairman, Mark Liu, said that the facility will be world's most advanced logic process plant, and help maintain TSMC's leadership. Once up to speed the Tainan plant will have a production capacity of around 55,000 WPM – hopefully that will be plenty to sate demand of its N3 output. This capacity will come online in H2 2022. There are already 15,000 people working on the new 3nm plant. Once the facility is fully operational it is expected that it will provide 20,000 steady jobs. Such a large plant doesn't necessarily have a terrible impact on the environment. TSMC is committed to green manufacturing and promotes energy conservation, water conservation, waste and carbon reduction, and ecological protection. It has pledged to use 100 per cent renewable energy by 2050.

In other recent TSMC news, it was reported that the contract chip maker was working closely with both AMD and Google on 3D stacking technology. Again the first TSMC fabricated products using this technology are expected to emerge from 2022.

Intel chief pens congratulatory letter to President-elect Biden urging work on immigration and domestic manufacturing
Citiraj:
Intel CEO Bob Swan has penned an open letter to President-elect Joe Biden congratulating him on his win, and urging his incoming administration to continue investment in domestic semiconductor manufacturing."Rising costs and foreign government subsidies to national champions are a significant disadvantage for US semiconductor companies that make substantial capital investments domestically," wrote Swan. "A national manufacturing strategy, including investment by the US government in the domestic semiconductor industry, is critical to ensure American companies compete on a level playing field and lead the next generation of innovative technology."
Izvor: Hexus.net i The Register
Staro 31.12.2020., 10:51   #98
Manuel Calavera
Premium
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Jul 2012
Slušao sam podcast The Moore Law is dead, lik ima najjače izvore iz intela, kaže za Xe da je cilj za gamersku napraviti 256-bit gpu sa 16gb vram, koja bi bila između RTX 3070 i 3080 cijene 400$. Znači nešto slično RX 6800 non-X po tehničkim speckama, samo jeftinije

Sounds good to me
Manuel Calavera je offline   Reply With Quote
Staro 31.12.2020., 11:08   #99
Mladenxy
Premium
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Feb 2007
Onda sam se zajebao sa zelenima
Mladenxy je offline   Reply With Quote