View Single Post
Staro 22.04.2018., 02:40   #91
The Exiled
McG
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Feb 2014
Citiraj:
Autor Manuel Calavera Pregled postova
Mislim da GloFo laprda bez veze. Fakat mi nije jasno kako će AMD-u na proizvodnim procesima čijima su tvorcima na prvom mjestu mobitelaši i low power node, a za high performance "šta bude bude" - rasti clock do 5ghz, a intelu koji je utukao milijarde isključivo u high perfomance proizvodne procese - padati clockovi sa 5ghz na niže. Nešto mi tu sve opako smrdi. Il je intel opako zasrao ili ovi drugi (glofo i tsmc) nemaju pojma što ih još čeka...
Siva eminencija iza svega kaj GlobalFoundries radi je IBM, a mislim da se možemo složiti da je Veliki Plavi ipak malo drukčiji igrač - čak i kad je u pitanju Intel.
Citiraj:
GlobalFoundries acquired IBM’s microelectronics business unit along with fabs, personnel and customers. Under the terms of the deal, IBM paid GF around $1.5 billion in cash to take the business, and gave GF access to its leading edge manufacturing patents, but in exchange GF was obliged to serve IBM’s clients and to produce IBM CPUs made using custom fabrication processes for the following 10 years (until 2024). General specifications of GF’s first variant of the 7LP process technology uses deep ultraviolet (DUV) argon fluoride (ArF) excimer lasers with 193 nm wavelength. These processes are relatively well known, but we also know that the company plans to offer three generations of the technology, two of which will use EUV lithography. Something less known is that there will be five different versions of GF’s 7 nm node aimed at different applications.
Sve ovo ne mora nužno značiti da ćemo ubrzo imati 5.0GHz Ryzen modele, ali po svemu sudeći IBM i GlobalFoundries spremaju nešto za svoj 7nm proizvodni proces.
Citiraj:
The 7nm platform of GlobalFoundries is called 7LP for a reason — the company is targeting primarily high-performance applications, not just SoCs for smartphones, which contrasts to TSMC’s approach to 7nm. GlobalFoundries intends to produce a variety of chips using the tech, including CPUs for high-performance computing, GPUs, mobile SoCs, chips for aerospace and defense, as well as automotive applications. GlobalFoundries has been processing test wafers using 7nm process technology for clients for several quarters now. The company’s customers are already working on chips that will be made using 7nm DUV process technology, and the company intends to start risk production of such ICs early in 2018. Keep in mind that large customers of GlobalFoundries (such as AMD) do not need the final version of the PDK to start development of their CPUs or GPUs for a given node.
Izvor i štivo za kasno nedjeljno poslijepodne:

Zadnje izmijenjeno od: The Exiled. 22.04.2018. u 03:52.
The Exiled je online   Reply With Quote