View Single Post
Staro 26.06.2019., 19:19   #2654
The Exiled
McG
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Feb 2014
Lijepo sve to zvuči na papiru, skoro ko i njihov 10nm proizvodni proces, ali bojim se da ih realnost (1 - 2) iz dana u dan sve više sustiže.

Sudeći po friškom materijalu čak i njihovi zaposlenici imaju poteškoća vjerovati kako sve ide prema davno zacrtanom planu.
Citiraj:
Many Intel employees are commenting on this article in the internal forum, which provides interesting insights into the state of the company and how people truly feel. Find some of them below:
Citiraj:
The "secret sauce" section of this article (personally) makes me cringe. There isn't one piece of evidence that makes me hopeful for Intel in the short term when it comes to competing vs. AMD - no numerics at all, except for how big our former SSG [editor: Software and Services Group] is. Having more SW engineers than AMD? Not convincing. Technology portfolio? Not convincing, esp. given that AMD has much more Graphics/Gaming technology expertise AI/DL expertise? It's pretty clear that we are following in this regard as well. AMD is on fire, esp. given it's size. They continually squeak out new products with less people, and have leap-frogged our HW several times in the past. They have a competitive product with FAR more cores/threads -- which is a huge marketing ploy, and has been what our customers have been asking for. There's no excuse for why we didn't do the same, and now we're in a race to catch up at a time where we are hemorrhaging talent, while also feeling the consequences of the past 5-8 years of mgmt decisions in the way we manage our CPU teams, and the priorities of that mgmt.
The Exiled je offline   Reply With Quote