View Single Post
Staro 03.03.2017., 03:01   #91
Manuel Calavera
Premium
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Jul 2012
Određeni problem postoji u nekim igrama. Morate razlikovati 2 situacije:

1) Situacije kada mora izgubiti, recimo u onim igrama koje skaliraju sa clockom i IPC, recimo i7 7700K sa 40% većim base clockom i cca 10% IPC naspram R7 1700. To je normalno i ništa neočekivano. Recimo to su situacije kada i broadwell-e isto popuši od dotičnog zbog istih razloga

2) Situacije kada rezultat nema logike tj. kada iz nekog razloga neopravdano zaostaje za sličnim broadwell-e procesorima, odnosno kada se sav taj IPC, singlecore općenito, SMT i sl. iz produktivnosti i benchmarka ne prenesu i u igre. Gašenje SMT-a & balanced i high performance windows mode imaju nešto efekta u takvim igrama, no ne rješavaju problem.

Citiraj:
We come away from today's coverage with a number of questions that couldn't be answered in time for the launch. For instance, we discovered Ryzen's tendency to perform better in games with SMT disabled. Could this be a scheduling issue that might be fixed later? AMD did respond to our concerns, reminding us that Ryzen's implementation is unique, meaning most game engines don't use if efficiently yet. Importantly, the company told us that it doesn’t believe the SMT hiccup occurs at the operating system level, so a software fix could fix performance issues in many titles.
Nadam se da je ovo drugo otklonjivo. Naravno ovi studiji su AMD partneri:

Citiraj:
“Oxide games is incredibly excited with what we are seeing from the Ryzen CPU. Using our Nitrous game engine, we are working to scale our existing and future game title performance to take full advantage of Ryzen and its 8-core, 16-thread architecture, and the results thus far are impressive. These optimizations are not yet available for Ryzen benchmarking. However, expect updates soon to enhance the performance of games like Ashes of the Singularity on Ryzen CPUs, as well as our future game releases.” - Brad Wardell, CEO Stardock and Oxide
Citiraj:
"Creative Assembly is committed to reviewing and optimizing its games on the all-new Ryzen CPU. While current third-party testing doesn’t reflect this yet, our joint optimization program with AMD means that we are looking at options to deliver performance optimization updates in the future to provide better performance on Ryzen CPUs moving forward. " – Creative Assembly, Developers of the Multi-award Winning Total War Series
E sad možda bi bilo bolje da je čak neki problem platforme što bi BIOS ili update OS-a rješio za sva vremena, nego da svaki studio mora raditi svoj update na postojećim igrama radi Ryzena

Zadnje izmijenjeno od: Manuel Calavera. 03.03.2017. u 03:11.
Manuel Calavera je offline   Reply With Quote