View Single Post
Staro 12.11.2018., 21:21   #2077
Lewis
Freelancer
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Jan 2007
Neznam sta bi ti reko jer kao sto rekoh nije tako jednostanvo kad je DLNA standard u pitanju ali pitanje je i dali si ti probao sa NASa to raditi na tvom TVu (ne rasberyPI nego bas neki NAS sustav) jer DLNA nije svagdje isto podrzan (kao sto rekoh na pocetku) plus bit ce da je Samsung sa uvodjenjem TizenOSa zaboravio ubaciti to sto je radilo na starijem OSu (jer moj je Tizen V1).

Evo ti recimo quote samo jednog od hrpe postova.

---------
The first one is that the TV supports the playing of the subtitles, in which case it will request the subtitles from the DLNA and display it (usually, there's a button on a tv remote to turn on the subtitles explicitly - on Sony there's a button with four dots inside the square (....) that turns on the subtitles). Usually, the subtitles have to be in the same folder where the video is, and with the exact same title. But, not all subtitle formats are usually supported (e.g. srt, etc), and this varies from vendor to vendor.
The other option is for the DLNA to send the subtitles along inside the video image. For this, you need transcoding. Transcoding is usually used when the TV doesn't have support for the source video format and the DLNA transcodes it to a format TV can play, but in the case of subtitles, the DLNA has to transcode just so it can insert the subtitles into the movie image. Some DLNA servers usually have an option to 'always transcode when subtitles found'.

------------

No, DLNA currently does not support subtitles per se. Samsung supports SRT subtitles as a proprietary extension to DLNA, but only samsung readers can benefit from it. DLNA engineers did a terrible job on the specifications. I hope they fix this on a new revision. DLNA is one of the lamest specifications I've seen so far.

--------------------
Yes, but it probably depends on which hardware/software your are using! Normally it should work just by placing subtitles in the same folder as the video file, but perhaps some setting to always transcode (even if the target device knows the format) could help if you have problems.
If you do need to merge subtitles with video files, you can soft-merge using the mkv (Matroska) container format with a tool like Mkv Merge
"

itd. itd....

Zadnje izmijenjeno od: Lewis. 12.11.2018. u 21:28.
Lewis je offline   Reply With Quote