View Single Post
Staro 26.09.2020., 03:29   #287
Blue Spirit
Premium
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Apr 2004
Nevidijin marketing gurao je - promovirao RTX 2000 seriju i govorio ovo:

Više FPS-a , montor se brže osvježava, manji input lag, više kilova - imamo naj jakiji GPU so choose US (nvidia).

Ta tvrdnja ne drži vodu (u 99.99% igara ; ona trenutno vrijedi samo za Fortnite te OFC za one koji imaju Nvidija GTX 900 seriju ili noviju karticu ) kad je GPU zakucan na 99% tj kad smo GPU bound

To se dobro vidi na slici ispod gdje pri GPU loadu od 99% je najveci input delay.

Nvidia Ultra Low Latency i AMD Anti-LAG smanjuju input lag - latency kad je grafa opterecena 99% tj kad je igra GPU bound / GPU bottleneck -ana.

Nvidia Ultra Low Latency i AMD Anti-LAG povecavaju input lag kad GPU nije opterecena 99% tj kad igra nije GPU bound -ana / GPU bottleneck -ana.

@ 00:01:02
System latency is affected by the GPU load, and it increases significantly when your GPU is maxed out.

@ 00:01:50
NVidia took my findings seriously !

Godinu dana nakon što je napravio prvi video (40% Less Input Lag Without AMD Anti-Lag or NVidia Ultra-Low Latency 18.9.2019) ,

Nvidija je ipak priznala i rekla:

FPS više nije jedina brojka koja je važna vec je također važan i Input Latency tj delay / kašnjenje ( kako god vam je draže ).

Te su nakon konzultacije s njim napravili;

NVIDIA Reflex Low Latency https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce...ency-platform/

@ 00:02:06

The reason why a maxed-out GPU causes the system latency to increase significant is because the CPU then runs ahead of the GPU and piles up work in the render queue.

When the render queue is full then the CPU must wait around for the GPU to work on what the CPU put into the render queue.

So that is where the backpressure and the increased system latency is coming from when you are GPU bound.

The reason why a good in-game frame rate limiter helps here is because it basically creates a CPU bound scenario.

Which means that the render queue is always almost empty as the CPU cannot run ahead of the GPU then.

The GPU is just sitting there waiting to render what is prepared by the CPU.

@ 00:02:50

Nvidia’s Ultra Low Latency mode tries to mitigate the delay increase caused by the backpressure in a GPU bound scenario.

However, since the game is not aware of this driver feature, it cannot affect the pipeline on a level that would lead to a significant delay reduction when you are GPU bound.

With the new Reflex SDK however,

NVidia allows developers to implement a low latency mode which does not disable the render queue, but instead aims to keep it empty.

This is achieved by enabling the game to better pace the CPU so that it cannot run ahead of the GPU.

As well as allowing the game to send new frames to the GPU just in time to get rendered.

So very simply put you can think of the Reflex Low Latency mode like a very good in-game frame rate limiter.

But with the major difference that the Reflex Low Latency mode does not lock you at a specific frame rate, nor does it require any configuration.

The Reflex Low Latency feature works like a dynamic frame rate limiter.

Which means that it tries to achieve the highest possible frame rate, while preventing the system latency increase you will otherwise get in a GPU bound scenario.

Nvidija Reflex Low Latency works with any monitor.

Some people got confused by the announced 360Hz monitors which support the Reflex Latency Analyzer.

These monitors allow you to measure system latency yourself – but you do not need such a monitor to use the Reflex Low Latency feature
provided by game developers through the Reflex SDK.

What you do need is a game where the developers added support for the Reflex Low Latency Feature, and an NVidia graphics card where all GPUs starting with Maxwell, that’s the GeForce 900 Series, are supported.

Citiraj:
The NVIDIA Reflex SDK supports GPUs all the way back to 2014’s GeForce GTX 900 Series products.
However, the Low Latency Boost on GeForce RTX 30 Series GPUs will maintain a slightly higher clock rate to further reduce latency.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce...ency-platform/

The Boost option overrides the power saving features of the graphics card which causes the GPU clocks to stay high even when you are CPU bound.

Compared to the on setting, the boost option can lead to an additional slight latency reduction, but it comes at the cost of the GPU consuming significantly more power.

Which means more heat and most likely more noise.

The boost feature does the same as manually setting the Power Management Mode in the nvidia control panel to “prefer maximum performance”.

So that is why the Reflex Low Latency mode exists and how it works.

Nvidija jako "voli" Fortnite OFC pa je potaknula (khmm financijski stimulirala) Epic Games da u igru ugradi njihov novi Reflex feature skupa sa Rejtrejsingom.

Baš me zanima koliko ce druge igre tj developeri igara biti raspoloženi za uvesti Reflex u svoje proizvode...

NVIDIA Reflex coming soon: Apex Legends, Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, Call of Duty: Warzone, Cuisine Royale, Destiny 2, Enlisted, Kovaak 2.0, and Mordhau.

Since every game engine is different, you cannot apply the results from one game to another. I would not even apply the results from one Unreal Engine game to another, as games differ even when they use the same engine.

Sa donje slike se vidi da prva dva "reda" desnog "stupca" Reflex Low Latency: On i BOOST imaju imaju naniži latency / delay.

COD 141.11.196.66:28960 || COD 141.11.196.66:28940 || COD 185.107.96.125:28977

Zadnje izmijenjeno od: Blue Spirit. 14.11.2020. u 20:30.
Blue Spirit je offline   Reply With Quote