View Single Post
Staro 27.12.2013., 16:08   #326
JuiceBox
Premium
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Sep 2007
Pa tko je rekao da je opravdano ? Nije opravdano ali je tako, ja kazem da povecanje cijene nije uzrokovano pozarom nego s tim da su se smanjile zalihe cipova i sad krkaju cijenu da zarade sto vise mogu.

"
*The floodings in Thailand in 2011 resulted in shortages for several PC components (most notably HDDs), therefore the number of PCs sold dropped.

*Since nobody was really prepared for this, including DRAM manufacturers, prices for pretty much everything that was not affected by those floods dropped significantly since there was suddenly a massive oversupply.

*One of the DRAM manufacturers, Elpida, filed for bankruptcy in 2012. It was later bought by Micron. How exactly this affected DRAM prices is difficult to tell (at least for me), but manufacturer consolidation usually means less drastic price falls (since less competition), or even price increases (eventually, stabilization). For a good example on this, see the HDD market. There is a long list of defunct HDD manufacturers which have fallen victim to market consolidation over the decades. Once the market is consolidated as much as authorities will tolerate (usually they will not allow a complete monopoly), prices tend to stabilize. If they fell drastically before this, they might increase first until a plateau has been reached. HDD prices were low before the floods, but they were comparably stable from what I recall, and since recovering (more or less) from the price spikes caused by the floods, they have been very stable (at least where I live).

*According to some articles I've read over the months, the DRAM market is extremely volatile. Meaning: Very slight oversupply will result in drastic price falls, very slight overdemand will result in very drastic price increases.
DRAM manufacturers have started to reduce the numbers of shipped units. Since they were barely (if at all) making profits on those low prices, they simply seem to have decided to throttle supply, thus increasing prices. I think this might be the most important factor for the price increases we're seeing right now.

*DRAM makers have been switching off DDR3 production for while now, this is the effect of that.

Expect prices to get even higher for DDR3, when they start switching over production to DDR4 chips too.

Ali i : http://www.eteknix.com/dram-producti...o-2014-micron/

Zadnje izmijenjeno od: JuiceBox. 27.12.2013. u 16:14.
JuiceBox je offline   Reply With Quote