Staro 28.03.2018., 01:43   #234
Neo-ST
Buying Bitcoin
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Feb 2007
Onda? Dobra ili ?

Citiraj:
Spoiler free review.
It doesn't feel like a Far Cry game, while simultaniously feeling like a Far Cry game. In my opinion, this is how you proceed on with a franchise. Old mechanics that people didn't like were abandoned (and the game even makes a quip about one of them), and other ones are revamped in good ways.
Anyone who tells you that the game is a 'reskin' obviously hasn't taken a good look at this game. Ally NPCs that'll fight alongside you similar to games like Fallout, indepth gun customization revamped from Far Cry 4, an entirely new vehicle purchasing and customization system (not to mention the addition of planes and helicopters), full and proper map editor integration and revamp with a stupid amount of assets, a system where causing more chaos will have the main antagonists send things like recon helicopters out to try to find you when you're in their territory, a hidden stash system where you learn of the location of a cluster of goodies through word of mouth or recorded message... the game is different but in the best way possible. Whatever Ubisoft did this time, they couldn't have done it more right... except maybe add some more customization. Some areas are a bit lackluster.

People complain about graphics, but, to be honest, we're at a point where graphics getting better is starting to get a little much. It looks beautiful and fine as it is, minus a handful of oddly low-quality textures, but they're easily ignorable (and forgivable considering the game's environments)

Optimization is pretty good, however, the game seems to run the same no matter what settings I put it at. The only thing changing FPS drastically is making my FOV smaller, so if you have issues with FPS, lower your FOV if you're at something like 120.
* A new NVIDIA driver was just released that seems to give a decent bit of FPS, try that out too.

Progression feels pretty solid. Never felt pressured into buying into any of the microtransactions, so there's really no point to complain about them as they don't purposefully slow down progress or anything.

The game's atmosphere is on point. Matched with the story, if you're someone who can easily get immersed into something, you'll find yourself easily falling into the game, especially at key scenes.

I have not run into nearly as many bugs as any negative reviews claim there is. I tried playing with my friend and I had a glitch where it just simply didn't respawn me, but that was about it. Any other bugs were ignorable.

Definitely an improvement from the previous games. As good, if not better, than Far Cry 3. I really hope this doesn't fall through the cracks because of stupid issues like 'b-but microtransactions!!!' or 'b-but it doesn't look better than real life!!!!' Another common argument against buying the game is the DRM associated, among other similar factors. All I can tell you is that you're missing out, and if you can find a way to get it without facing those issues, do it. (I've never been bothered by any sort of DRM, so purchasing it on Steam hasn't been a problem.)
I also have a little bit of a small bias - the fact that it takes place in the United States instead of a random country I'm not nearly familiar with makes the game a lot more attractive to me.
Neo-ST je offline   Reply With Quote