View Single Post
Staro 27.04.2018., 01:16   #1015
Manuel Calavera
Premium
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Jul 2012
Citiraj:
AMD President & CEO Dr. Lisa Su – Q1 2018 Earnings Report

“I’m also happy to report that our next-generation 7nm Radeon Instinct product, optimized for machine learning workloads, is running in our labs and we remain on track to provide samples to customers later this year.”
Citiraj:
Timothy Arcuri – UBS Securities
“I think you said that the 7nm product is in the lab and it’s going to launch later this year. That’s the product at TSMC, correct? And I’m just wondering on that front do you feel comfortable that you can get capacity from that vendor?”

AMD President & CEO Dr. Lisa Su

“Our foundry strategy is to use both TSMC and Globalfoundries on the first 7nm product, we are using TSMC for that product and we have a very strong relationship with them. And so, we do see good momentum on it from what we see and I’m not concerned about capacity.”
Citiraj:
Although the company still does not refer to its new 7nm Vega chip as Vega 20, previously leaked internal AMD slides clearly describe a 7nm based “Vega 20” GPU that’s specifically designed for AI and intended for market entry in 2018.

Vega 20 differs from Vega 10 in several key aspects. In that it’s designed to deliver 8 times the double precision compute performance, double the memory interface width and support for up to 4 HBM2 stacks for a total of 32GB of HBM2 vRAM and 1TB/s of memory bandwidth.

Vega 20 will be AMD’s first chip designed specifically for AI and machine learning workloads and it’s set to compete with NVIDIA’s Volta based accelerators, including the Quadro GV100 and Titan V.
Manuel Calavera je offline   Reply With Quote