View Single Post
Staro 08.07.2019., 08:59   #144
sti
Premium
Moj komp

Datum registracije: May 2006
Asus je (možda) bio zločest. The Stilt-ov (Asusov HW guru) članak, jako dobro jutarnje štivo.

https://www.overclock.net/forum/10-a...ot-really.html

Također pokazuje koliko loše je AMD hendlao distribuciju procesora recenzentima - dobili su ih samo 6 dana prije launcha !

OC:

Citiraj:
The variation between the different cores even on the same piece of a silicon appears to be huge, which would indicate that the process isn't very mature at this point.
Citiraj:
Based on my experience, the best case of scenario on 6C CCDs (3600, 3600X and 3900X) is around 4.25GHz, at relatively safe voltage levels.
In case of 3900X, given that you can cool the chip with two of those 6C CCDs. SKUs with 8C CCDs (3700X, 3800X and 3950X) the best case is around 4.15GHz.
Citiraj:
The biggest limit is the intensity (heat per area), secondly the voltage you can safely feed to the silicon.
I za kraj, njegova preporuka za OC (@silver_tip će biti sretan ):

Citiraj:
Like on previous Ryzen generations, entering OC-Mode also means that you will loose the turbo boost (all cores operate at same frequency). On the higher-end SKUs, the single threaded performance penalty will be massive from doing so. For example on 3900X, you'd be trading additional ~100MHz all-core frequency to a loss of up to 450MHz in ST frequency by doing so. Personally, I advice against overclocking the higher-end SKUs at all, and instead increasing the power limits and trying your luck with the "Auto OC" feature (which most likely isn't beneficial).

Zadnje izmijenjeno od: sti. 08.07.2019. u 09:15.
sti je offline   Reply With Quote