View Single Post
Staro 08.02.2012., 14:55   #84
Lewis
Freelancer
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Jan 2007
Citiraj:
Autor Old Iggy Pregled postova
LA nije baš samo tako složiti u malo kompleksnijim okruženjima (teško da će on samo tako spojiti oba porta na isti switch). Trebalo bi se malo s tim poigrati.
Pa spojio jenaranvo da nije lako ali spojio je i podesio nakon pocetnickih muka , imas i slike settings za netgear i sve ostale opreme sto je koristio - radio/testove.

njegov zakljucak je:

CONCLUSION
Your average person has no need for a LAG setup with the DS1511+. Most people (like me) would be after getting single file transfer speeds as fast as possible. In that case your best bet would be to optimize your NIC configuration, or simply upgrade to a better NIC.

Performance junkies (like me) should instead start pricing out a 10GB network  and eyeing the DS3611xs. Then look at their wallet and decide to be happy with what you have.

For enthusiasts (like me) you can learn a lot about LAG in general if you have never done it before. I happen to have multiple computers so I can see myself making use of this setup.

For anyone wanting to setup a LAG, I would suggest that you determine where your bottleneck is. It could easily be your internal hard drives installed in your computers, or how (as in my case) my RAID was originally setup.

Lastly, I want to stress that I am by no means an expert. I am only providing and sharing my experience in full. I had a lot of trouble gathering the information I needed to proceed and wanted to make life easier for others. In addition I wanted to post a pseudo-success story (also hard to find on these forums).

Citiraj:
Autor mann Pregled postova
odlicna fora sa drobom je sto mozes kombinirati diskove razlicitih velicina. Paci pogled na ovo:
Mozes i kod Synologya (i vjerojatno svih ostalih ozbiljnijih NAS proizvodjaca unazad par godina). Stavis doskove raznih velicina i on ih zbraja normalno dodajuci kapacitet.