View Single Post
Staro 29.05.2017., 00:04   #1250
Manuel Calavera
Premium
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Jul 2012
Full Intel X299 HEDT Skylake X, Kaby Lake X and Coffee Lake S Mainstream Platform Details Unveiled – Core i9-7920X Skylake X Flagship, Core i7 7740X Kaby Lake X Flagship, Coffee Lake To Get 6 Core and 4 Core CPUs

wtf

Citiraj:
The main difference is that while X99 allowed for 2 DIMMs per channel, X299 supports only single DIMM per channel. So while you were able to use all eight DIMM slots on the X99 boards, the same cannot be done with X299. One must question why are there still eight DIMM slots on the board if the platform only allows for four DIMM installation. Maybe the slide showcased by Intel is an error or there’s something we have yet to know about the platform itself.
Citiraj:
It is also stated that Intel is working on a custom integrated water cooling solution for overclockers which will be either sold with the HEDT chips or separately.
Također ponavlja se onaj info iz starijih glasina da će 44 lanesa imati samo 12 core i 10 core - wtf? Ako to stvarno naprave mislim da su žešće zasrali motku i neke će pogurati prema threadripperu (svi bi prema glasinama trebali imati 44 lanesa)

Zatim kasniji cofee lake, kažu Q3 2017

Citiraj:
Coffee Lake S will be launching alongside the brand new Z370 chipset which is known as CFL-PCH (Coffee Lake PCH). The platform will feature the LGA 1151 V2 socket so while it will have the same number of pins as the current LGA 1151 socket, it seems like Intel is moving to ditch support of the Coffee Lake CPUs on older LGA 1151 socketed motherboards such as Z270 series. It is stated that Intel will clearly be differentiating the socket with the use of “V2” moniker so consumers don’t end up buying the wrong board for their Coffee Lake desktop processor.
Također spominju i core/thread bump koji sam predvidio kao vidoviti milan prije par godina, i3 - quad, i5 - 4c8t, i7 - 6c12t

Zatim cannonlake Q1 2018

Citiraj:
Finally, it’s mentioned that 10nm CPUs will be arriving to the consumer family on a new chipset known as Z390 which Intel is actively working on for Q1 2018. This chipset will be called CNL-PCH (Cannonlake PCH) so it’s quite evident that Intel is developing the new chipset for their upcoming 10nm Cannonlake CPUs. No information aside from this is shared on Cannonlake as of yet.
Znači mjenjanje čipseta/socketa na polugodišnjoj bazi
Manuel Calavera je offline   Reply With Quote