View Single Post
Staro 09.04.2016., 06:32   #149
sith_lord
Premium
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Jun 2008
Znači čeka se Polaris onda i kakve će cijene staviti, hvala!

Znam da se za novu tehnologiju plaća posebni porez ako ju baš moraš imati čim je izbace, iako jako često sam nailazio kako će omjer performance/per dollar biti bolji.
Sumnjam kako se u taj dolar ubraja i eventualna manja potrošnja struje, a ako je skok u performansama tek 15-20% u odnosu na današnje kako rock00 rekao, onda se nekako nadam da cjenovno ne ide (previše) gore.

Malo sam se prenaivno ponadao oko cijene Vege, ne znam kako mi je ovaj članak promaknuo: What you’ll see us do is completely different with Polaris 10 and 11. We are really focusing on trying to bring FinFET technology with it’s amazing performance per watt to as many segments as possible. As many ranges of performance as possible. I can tell you Ryan, you and your readers, you’ll be pleased at what we’re going to do with this thing and you’ll be surprised.
[…]
“We’re looking at the entire gamut of players, how many millions of them are there, what they buy, the performance per dollar aspect. How do we make it sweet for them from the performance per dollar aspect”
Finally, Raja confirmed that indeed HBM2 will be coming next year with Vega but not before then. A decision that was made because HBM2 is simply not ready for 2016 from an economic standpoint Raja explained. It wasn’t going to allow him and his team to make a compelling performance per dollar product in 2016 due to the high costs associated with it in its early ramp. Thankfully however, we’re not going to have to wait until 2017 for Polaris.

sith_lord je offline   Reply With Quote