View Single Post
Staro 30.11.2019., 21:02   #2926
The Exiled
McG
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Feb 2014
Bojim se da su jedine glasine one koji govore da Intel i dalje sve sam proizvodi. Kaj se tiče njihovog službenog opovrgavanja glasina - kaj drugo da vele, a da ih dioničari ne dočekaju na nož. TSMC već više od godinu dana proizvodi čipsete i low-end procesore, tak da Intel ima što veći kapacitet za high-end desktop i server modele. E sad, više ni to nije dosta, pa se u igru ubacuje i Samsung, a zajedno s TSMC-om preuzima sve što Intel ne može sam. IMHO, Intel uistinu sam proizvodi data center, high-end i enterprise modele, dok je ostalo u rukama konkurencije. Danas znamo da nemaju ništa osim 14nm za desktop sljedeće dvije godine, tak da bogtepitaj kaj bude kad stigne 2021./2022., a oni i dalje šaltaju 14nm uzduž i poprijeko.
EDIT:
Citiraj:
Intel is partnering with MediaTek on the development, certification and support of 5G modem solutions for the next generation of PC experiences. As part of the partnership, Intel will define a 5G solution specification, including a 5G modem to be developed and delivered by MediaTek. Intel will also provide optimization and validation across the platform and lend system integration and co-engineering support to further enable its OEM partners. MediaTek has launched its new line of 5G chips for smartphones and formed an alliance with Intel, which will provide 5G modems for laptop computers. In August this year, Apple said it would pay about $1 billion to acquire Intel’s smartphone modem business, signaling that Apple aims to design its own silicon for 5G. MediaTek is developing the 5G modem for Intel and working with partners to manufacture the silicon, the companies said in a press statement. TSMC is MediaTek’s main foundry partner.
Citiraj:
AWS for all practical purposes declared war on Intel as it announced its new Graviton2 CPU. AWS has signaled to Intel that its chips are not good enough. This is a big deal because Intel has been creating custom SKUs for AWS and has been subsidizing sales to AWS through its enterprise and SMB segments. Now, after that investment, AWS is poised to betray Intel. The AWS Graviton2 has new Arm Neoverse N1 64-bit cores. These are next-generation cores versus what we saw with the original Graviton that is in production today. Other key specs of Graviton2 include 8x DDR4-3200 lanes, larger caches, 25Gbps networking (for the instances), and increased memory capacity support with instances already announced up to 512GB in capacity.

With the AWS Graviton2, the company is targeting not just the lower-end of the stack, but instead the heart of Intel Xeon CPUs. In the 2nd Gen Intel Xeon Scalable series, 12-20 Xeon cores are considered mainstream and Graviton has more Arm cores with greatly increased IPC. In its early days, AWS had Intel Xeon and AMD Opteron infrastructure but has always denominated in vCPUs to allow for a broader supplier base. Now, AWS has not only adopted AMD EPYC 7002 Series “Rome” CPUs, but it is also providing its own CPUs. Both the EPYC parts and its own Graviton2 parts have 64 cores and DDR4-3200, well beyond what Intel is offering with its 2019 lineup.
Izvor: Intel Newsroom, EE Times i ServeTheHome

Zadnje izmijenjeno od: The Exiled. 03.12.2019. u 20:46.
The Exiled je offline   Reply With Quote