View Single Post
Staro 04.08.2022., 10:35   #321
The Exiled
McG
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Feb 2014
Citiraj:
Intel’s ARC graphics cards on the brink? About resigning board partners, annoyed system integrators and skeptical retailers.
Citiraj:
I will not presume to call the Alchemist project a failure, because time and the market alone will decide whether it succeeds or fails. However, more and more pieces of the puzzle are coming together to form a conclusion that I don’t like at all in its development and form. It is a fact that Intel very clearly “suggested” to the board partners right at the beginning to (predominantly) do without the retail business for the Alchemist cards and to concentrate on the system integrators and OEM customers. I have asked some dealers, potential distributors and also manufacturers in the European area about Intel’s Arc cards and the plans of these companies in this regard. There was predominantly little to no interest in even embarking on the adventure with this new product. And mind you, that was long before the first benchmarks and also our own tests of the Arc A380! The most important argument was always that Intel, in contrast to nVidia and AMD, could not or did not want to give any price guarantee and that the framework conditions and bases for cost drivers like RMA and returns were significantly worse than those of the competitors.

A product that no one really knows what it can do, however, needs a completely different framework for acceptance by the processing industry. I wouldn’t want to call that arrogance right away, but Intel has to accommodate the risk takers a bit (and offer something) and not just insist that everything with Intel on it sells itself. This is certainly exemplified by the fact that Intel is said to have had a hard time finding suitable launch partners in Germany. I know of more than one company that declined with thanks due to the general conditions. The news behind the news: At least one of the big board partners has even stopped the production of Intel cards completely (“due to quality concerns“), as I could find out yesterday and today. Which brings us back to pulling the symbolic plug. If this proves to be true across the board and continues even further, Intel will have a real problem and would have to live off its own, self-produced reference cards for the time being.
Izvor: Igor'sLAB
U međuvremenu marketinški dinamični duo nastavlja s pričom.
AMD Ryzen 7 Pro 4750G + Vega iGPU | be quiet! Pure Rock 2 Black | MSI B450 Tomahawk Max II | 32GB G.Skill DDR4-2666 Value | 256GB AData SX8200 Pro NVMe | 2x4TB WD Red Plus | Fractal Define 7 Compact | Corsair CX450M

Zadnje izmijenjeno od: The Exiled. 04.08.2022. u 10:44.
The Exiled je offline   Reply With Quote