View Single Post
Staro 23.05.2019., 20:31   #321
The Exiled
McG
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Feb 2014
Windows 10 Security Patch Slowed Intel Core i9 9900K in Pix4D, Metashape & RealityCapture
Citiraj:
Single patch, to address a couple of CPU vulnerabilities, caused Intel's Core i9 9900K processor to take 2 to 11% longer to process image sets in these photogrammetry applications. This is not the first update that has addressed such weaknesses in modern CPUs, so I wouldn't be surprised if the overall impact from those cumulative patches is even bigger. Some applications might be affected even more heavily, while others could see little or no difference - and of course, different CPUs may be affected more or less with each discovered vulnerability and subsequent patch. I look forward to seeing if this performance drop on the 9900K (and related models) impacts what CPUs are the best for photogrammetry moving forward, and we will have articles covering that topic in the coming days.
Spectre/Meltdown/L1TF/MDS Mitigation costs on an Intel Dual Core + HT Laptop
Citiraj:
Here are some benchmarks of a Lenovo ThinkPad with Core i7 Broadwell CPU looking at those mitigation costs, when using a Core i7 5600U with two physical cores plus Hyper Threading.
The default/out-of-the-box mitigations dropped the performance by 18% or 25% when disabling Hyper Threading.
ZombieLoad Mitigation Costs For Intel Haswell Xeon, Plus Overall Mitigation Impact
Citiraj:
When looking at the current costs of all mitigations to date combined, that's a 13% hit using the same set of benchmarks carried out for the recent Xeon/EPYC comparison a few days back. If also disabling Hyper Threading, it equates to about a 19% hit.
Izvor: Puget Systems i Phoronix
The Exiled je online   Reply With Quote