View Single Post
Staro 07.04.2021., 21:00   #45
The Exiled
McG
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Feb 2014
Intel Core i5-11400F Review - The Best Rocket Lake
Citiraj:
Rocket Lake introduces a new memory controller, which has the ability to run in two modes: Gear 1—memory controller clock equals memory frequency, or Gear 2—memory controller clock equals half the memory frequency. Turns out on the Core i5-11400F Gear 1 is not faster than Gear 2. With the memory controller working extra hard in Gear 1, at twice the operating frequency of Gear 2, it consumes A LOT more power: I measured between 5 and 10 W higher, depending on the workload—this is just to operate the memory controller at Gear 1, everything else, memory chips and CPU IA core frequency, and voltages are identical. Energy efficiency has definitely suffered with Rocket Lake, even compared to Comet Lake, which wasn't impressive either. Looking at our power consumption results, we see the effects of Gear 1 vs Gear 2, too, especially when the CPU is set to its default 65 W TDP. Even at 65 W, there's a noticeable loss in energy efficiency vs last generation's Core i5-10400F—and that will cost you some of that awesome Cypress Cove performance improvements, because the 11400F will run into its power limit sooner. What really displeases me is how tacked-together and unfinished the whole Rocket Lake platform feels. The BIOSes have numerous bugs that are completely obvious to anyone using them for more than 10 minutes.
Citiraj:
Izvor: TechPowerUp
The Exiled je online   Reply With Quote