View Single Post
Staro 16.04.2019., 09:56   #545
stef
Premium
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Aug 2004
Zanimljiv point, komentar iz videa gore:
Citiraj:
I've watched your video and I'm almost 100% certain this comes down to a newer Spectre/MD-patched microcode. Disabling Spectre/MD via registry will not disable newer microcode loaded by Windows after Windows Updates like KB4465065.
To make sure no microcode is loaded by the OS, you'd have to take ownership of and rename/delete mcupdate_genuineintel.dll. This will make sure only the motherboard BIOS microcode will be loaded. Some Broadwell-E users still have to do this after MS shipped a broken microcode disabling overclocking via Windows Update.
I'm thinking that with the advent of more and more performance-inhibiting patches we really do need an indication about what microcode was used, especially since W10 gives you almost no choice in the matter and newer Spectre/MD patches are increasingly lowering performance with every new fault that is discovered.
Pogledat ću kak je to hendlano na Linux platformi.
Edit: Na Linuxu je dovoljno kernelu predati boot parametre za isključit spectre/meltdown patcheve, tak da je riješeno na elegantan način.
Druga stvar je AVX. Navodno da to novi naslovi koriste danas?

Zadnje izmijenjeno od: stef. 16.04.2019. u 21:11.
stef je offline   Reply With Quote