View Single Post
Staro 20.12.2023., 15:20   #17
Neo-ST
Buying Bitcoin
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Feb 2007
Da zaključim ovu priču...

Teltonika ima dva bridge moda. Jedan je "bridge", drugi "passthrough".
Nemam pojma točno u čemu je razlika, ja je nisam vidio.
Njihova definicija:

Citiraj:
Bridge - bridges the LTE data connection with LAN. The device assigns its WAN IP address to another device (first connected to LAN or specified with MAC address). Using Bridge mode will disable most of the device’s capabilities.

Passthrough - in this mode the RUTX09 shares its WAN IP to a single LAN device (first connected to LAN or specified with MAC address). The LAN device will get WAN IP of RUTX09 instead of LAN IP. Using Passthrough mode will disable most of the device’s capabilities.
Anyway, u bridge modu ništa ne radi, koliko god pokušavao. Veza stalno puca.
U Passthrough sve radi i ponaša se isto kao bridge. Asus dobio WAN IP i sve to...

Kad sam pitao na Teltonika forumu zašto mi ne radi bridge nego passthrough, ovo je njihovo objašnjenje:

Now my question is, what’s so different with Passthrough mode that it works, and Bridge doesn’t ?

Citiraj:
Hi,

Bridge Mode is about connecting separate networks seamlessly, while Passthrough Mode allows specific devices to bypass the router’s network functions for direct access or management. The choice between them depends on the network architecture and the specific requirements of your setup.

Regards,

So, is my connection now actually bridged ?

Citiraj:
Hi,

As long as your end device is getting the WAN IP of your SIM, configuration for Bridge Mode is done.

Regards,

Out of curiosity can I ask, why doesn’t bridge mode work in my environment then? It’s a simple home network, RUTX09 - Router - Devices.
Is it some hardware fault with RUTX09, a problem with my ISP or my router?

Citiraj:
Hi,

Since you want to bridge the IP address of your SIM to a particular device (ASUS), Passthrough is preferable. It is commonly used when you have a specific device (like a server or another router) that needs a public IP address and requires direct access to the internet without any interference from the Teltonika router.

Hope this clears your doubts :blush:

Regards,

Ovo su sada brzine koje dobivam kada napokon sve radi kako treba:

Zadnje izmijenjeno od: Neo-ST. 20.12.2023. u 15:33.
Neo-ST je offline   Reply With Quote