View Single Post
Staro 18.11.2020., 03:40   #830
Blue Spirit
Premium
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Apr 2004
Trenutno 99% ovog foruma dovoljan je SATA 3 SSD.

Za igre trenutno je nebitno dal je SSD: SATA 3 ili NVME M2 PCIE 4, jer je razlika ZANEMARIVA (2 sekunde tj 15%).

Ko živ ko mrtav dok DirectStorage postane reality , koji je trenutno novi buzzword koji ce po mom mišljenju zaživit tek kroz 6 mjeseci do godinu.

DirectStorage vecinom ce bit implementiran u novim igrama koje tek dolaze i pokojim "starim" ali relativno friškim naslovom koji bi mogao dobiti takav apdejt ako ce developeri biti motivirani OFC.

Koliko od nas radi nešto zahtjevnije od C/P u winblowzima i pokrece neku igru, a koliko ima I/O workload koji bi poprilicno opteretio NVME PCI 3/4.0 SSD !

Ko od nas na dnevnoj bazi kopira / prebacuje silne kolicine podataka da mu je toliko bitna ta brzina osim kad gledate Crystal Disk Mark i ATO SSD benchmark tool ?!

Citiraj:
What has become blatantly clear from this testing is that it doesn't matter what sort of ssd you have for gaming so long as you have an SSD of some sort.

In six of the nine games we tested there was only a two second difference in load times between an entry-level SATA SSD and the absolute fastest PCI 4.0 drive.

In percentages this was usually below a 15% performance uplift moving from the fastest to the slowest drive which is hardly worth talking about.

In the best cases like horizon zero dawn in the division two even then it doesn't really make sense to go all out on a high performance drive for gaming

I did see up to a 35 percent speed up for load times moving from entry level SATA to super fast PCI 4.0 but what we're talking about in raw numbers is the difference between waiting 21 seconds and 16 seconds.

Right now even the best ssds don't offer an instant game load experience so for many buyers i don't think it's worth paying quite a large premium to shave off just a few seconds to load times.

There's also very little difference between different SSD specifications. PCIE 4.0 vs 3.0 provides essentially no benefit in most cases especially compared to a top-end pci 3.0 drive.

QLC memory is not slower than TLC for reading game files. Having a DRAM cache is also not important for game loading.

The only specification that has some influence is whether the SSD is SATA or PCIE with sata being slightly slower, but beyond that other specs are rather meaningless for gaming.

Why don't games benefit all that much from fast ssds ? Well it seems pretty clear that storage performance is not the main bottleneck for loading today's games.

Pretty much all games up to this point are designed to be run-off hard drives which are very slow, after all the previous generation of consoles with the ps4 and xbox one both used slow mechanical drives to store games.

Today's game engines simply aren't built to make full use of fast storage and so far there's been little incentive to optimize for pcie ssds.

Instead the main limitation seems to be things like how quickly the cpu can decompress assets and how quickly it can process a level before it's ready for action, rather than how fast it can read data off storage.

YT Hardware Unboxed @ 14:49

https://youtu.be/COofLeqk_tM?t=889

Citiraj:
Microsoft to Bring DirectStorage API to Windows in 2021: Speeding Up Gaming With NVMe SSDs

Microsoft’s DirectStorage API is said to lower CPU overhead for tens of thousands of I/O operations that modern gaming systems perform, eliminate unnecessary data transformations steps,
and give game developers a finer control of the storage.
Everything in a bid to shrink load times and allow GPUs to consume data from SSDs faster and make virtual worlds richer

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/mi...-nivida-rtx-io
DX 12 je došao 7/2015-te sa Win 10 te je asynchronous compute bio glavni buzzword vezan za njega (DX 12) koji je obecavao veliki FPS gain.

Prve DX12 igre su se pojavile tek 6 do 9 mjeseci kasnije.

Koliko znam da BF V ima bolji FPS na DX 11 nego na DX 12 i to nije jedini primjer.

List of DirectX 12 games https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Li...rectX_12_games

Kao i uvijek softver kasni za hardverom ...

Šta nas ceka (koliko bolje ubrzanje) sa DirectStoragom i tempom njegove impelmentacije na PC te buducim portovima sa novoizašlih konzola to ce se tek vidjeti.

COD 141.11.196.66:28960 || COD 141.11.196.66:28940 || COD 185.107.96.125:28977

Zadnje izmijenjeno od: Blue Spirit. 22.11.2020. u 19:21.
Blue Spirit je offline   Reply With Quote