View Single Post
Staro 31.08.2015., 00:07   #2199
Manuel Calavera
Premium
Moj komp

Datum registracije: Jul 2012
To ni nije top klasa (high end) ipak je gtx X70 model (dakle još imaju 2 modela iznad + titanka). Problem današnjih gpu je što se prodaju za high end cijenu iako nisu high end

EDIT

Oxide Games Dev Replies On Ashes of the Singularity Controversy

Citiraj:
Certainly I could see how one might see that we are working closer with one hardware vendor then the other, but the numbers don’t really bare that out. Since we’ve started, I think we’ve had about 3 site visits from NVidia, 3 from AMD, and 2 from Intel ( and 0 from Microsoft, but they never come visit anyone ;(). Nvidia was actually a far more active collaborator over the summer then AMD was, If you judged from email traffic and code-checkins, you’d draw the conclusion we were working closer with Nvidia rather than AMD wink.gif As you’ve pointed out, there does exist a marketing agreement between Stardock (our publisher) for Ashes with AMD. But this is typical of almost every major PC game I’ve ever worked on (Civ 5 had a marketing agreement with NVidia, for example). Without getting into the specifics, I believe the primary goal of AMD is to promote D3D12 titles as they have also lined up a few other D3D12 games.
Citiraj:
Personally, I think one could just as easily make the claim that we were biased toward Nvidia as the only ‘vendor’ specific code is for Nvidia where we had to shutdownasync compute. By vendor specific, I mean a case where we look at the Vendor ID and make changes to our rendering path. Curiously, their driver reported this feature was functional but attempting to use it was an unmitigated disaster in terms of performance and conformance so we shut it down on their hardware. As far as I know, Maxwell doesn’t really have Async Compute so I don’t know why their driver was trying to expose that.
Citiraj:
Our use of Async Compute, however, pales with comparisons to some of the things which the console guys are starting to do. Most of those haven’t made their way to the PC yet, but I’ve heard of developers getting 30% GPU performance by using Async Compute. Too early to tell, of course, but it could end being pretty disruptive in a year or so as these GCN built and optimized engines start coming to the PC.
Citiraj:
In the end, I think everyone has to give AMD alot of credit for not objecting to our collaborative effort with Nvidia even though the game had a marketing deal with them. They never once complained about it, and it certainly would have been within their right to do so. (Complain, anyway, we would have still done it, wink.gif)
Citiraj:
I believe the initial confusion was because Nvidia PR was putting pressure on us to disable certain settings in the benchmark, when we refused, I think they took it a little too personally.

AFAIK, Maxwell doesn’t support Async Compute, at least not natively. We disabled it at the request of Nvidia, as it was much slower to try to use it then to not.
Citiraj:
Still, NVIDIA users need not be concerned for the time being. First and foremost, not all games will be as reliant on draw calls as Ashes of the Singularity (or any RTS); moreover, even the Oxide Games’ dev admits that games developed with Unreal Engine 4 probably won’t show significant use of Async Compute, and the list of upcoming games made with UE4 grows each day.

Hopefully, we’ll get a chance to test MIcrosoft’s DirectX 12 soon in many games from different genres, which should help us drawing a clearer picture.

Zadnje izmijenjeno od: Manuel Calavera. 31.08.2015. u 01:29.
Manuel Calavera je offline   Reply With Quote